Fallin asleep, getting real tired etc.

New to cannabis?? Learn the ropes in here...

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Grotmar
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:37 pm
Contact:

Fallin asleep, getting real tired etc.

Post by Grotmar »

Hey, I guess this is normal, but everytime i smoke pot (Big amounts or small) I first get fuckin high, i get all giglly etc, and im not either tired or hyper im just in a very good/relaxed state. But after mabye 2 hours, man i get TIRED! I just wanna sleep, even if i got friends over its like "fuck that" and i just fall asleep :S i feel all lazy and shit, and i was wondering if all of you get that, and if you do, what do you do about it? do you just sleep? lol

Peace
Anonymous Dude
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:59 pm
Contact:

Post by Anonymous Dude »

always get tired after i smoke (relaxed at first, then tired after the high is mostly gone), i think it's pretty normal
SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5208
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
Contact:

Post by SpRi7e »

It's pretty much because you crash from all of it and it's burning you out. It happens to me all the time when I smoke but that's why I like smoking small amounts in the day and a lot more at night. But I've past out so many times with a bowl and lighter still in my hand or a half finished joint in my hand.
Peace Not Greed.
Grotmar
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:37 pm
Contact:

Post by Grotmar »

oh well, i guess thats the downside of ganja
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

Depends, if it's late at night and we're watching a movie and I smoked a lot that evening i'll probably start getting drowsy.

But at festivals/parties/during the day I'm as active as a motherfucker! :)
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
Bunny420
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:13 am
Contact:

Post by Bunny420 »

yeah its normal, and it really depends what your doing/where your at.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AqD8NkWDucM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5WsI15fxORg
Vinyl
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 910
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:06 am
Contact:

Post by Vinyl »

thats no downside! i love that part of weed. blaze late at night then sleeep
[img]http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5183/sigab4.jpg[/img]
Toke now, or forever hold your piece
SToNeR ChRiS
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1549
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:20 am
Location: Where gravity no longer exists
Contact:

Post by SToNeR ChRiS »

Flow wrote:Depends, if it's late at night and we're watching a movie and I smoked a lot that evening i'll probably start getting drowsy.

But at festivals/parties/during the day I'm as active as a motherfucker! :)
Unfortunately it's sort of the opposite for me. Whenever I blaze during the day I'm obviously active for awhile but then I just get so burnt out. Especially when it's warm and sunny. I guess that's one of the main reasons I prefer burning at night, even though that doesn't stop me much during the day.
I saw on TV today, this man lost his son, his son died...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...
Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2687
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:12 am
Contact:

Post by Ikku »

It's perfectly normal to be exceptionally tired a few hours after smoking. If you want to stay awake at that point, I suggest smoking more weed, or take a drug that usually wakes people up (caffeine, coke, ecstasy, whatever). I don't recommend trying to fight off the sleep any other way, because when I've come down from weed I'm extremely slow witted and out of it, staying awake without any kind of stimulant just makes me into more of a zombie.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.
cdc
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 473
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:41 am
Location: Auckland
Contact:

Re: Fallin asleep, getting real tired etc.

Post by cdc »

Grotmar wrote:Hey, I guess this is normal, but everytime i smoke pot (Big amounts or small) I first get fuckin high, i get all giglly etc, and im not either tired or hyper im just in a very good/relaxed state. But after mabye 2 hours, man i get TIRED! I just wanna sleep, even if i got friends over its like "fuck that" and i just fall asleep :S i feel all lazy and shit, and i was wondering if all of you get that, and if you do, what do you do about it? do you just sleep? lol

Peace

smoke up more :D and drink some coke/energy drink
Do not take what i say seriously.
[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c115/SolRing/eagleturn.jpg[/IMG]
Weedguru_RyaNayR
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1664
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:11 pm
Location: The Sky
Contact:

Post by Weedguru_RyaNayR »

Some Redbull should do the trick. that or coffee, but coffee has a burnout of its own...
(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5762
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:50 pm
Contact:

Post by (weedguru)scarf »

yeah if you sit still ur a goner! but if you keep moving and shit when your high then you can usually battle through the sleepyness
woah
Weedguru_RyaNayR
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1664
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:11 pm
Location: The Sky
Contact:

Post by Weedguru_RyaNayR »

yeah might help to get off your ass for a bit and do something. doesn't really matter what, but just move around, go for a small walk or something, before you know it you'll feel pretty good again. happends to me without having smoked at all, mainly cause i sit on my ass on the computer all day most of the time. some music helps too.
Potsticker
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:05 pm
Contact:

Post by Potsticker »

if you really want to stay up, might a suggest energy drinks or caffeine pills. i only really use them if im trying to stay up unusually late but they seem to work pretty well with weed. i prefer monster but its realy just a personal preference. the only thing with the caffeine pills is that some of my friends say it shortens their high.
Grotmar
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:37 pm
Contact:

Post by Grotmar »

Potsticker wrote:if you really want to stay up, might a suggest energy drinks or caffeine pills. i only really use them if im trying to stay up unusually late but they seem to work pretty well with weed. i prefer monster but its realy just a personal preference. the only thing with the caffeine pills is that some of my friends say it shortens their high.
That worked GREAT! i took some caffeine pills when I got to the point where im all lazy, and i have been normal (not like a zombie) the whole day :)


Thanks
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users