How Tall Are You?
Moderator: Moderators
-
pkkupo
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1761
- Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:12 am
- Location: Minnesota, USA
- Contact:
Re: How Tall Are You?
It's the same here. (usa) 5'8" - 5' 9"

Like all dreamers, I mistook disenchantment for truth...
-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: How Tall Are You?
Folks sure are tall in your country...WeedGuru_Flow wrote:6'6" ?
Canada is 5ft 9 1/2 according to Wiki

-
AbbyRoad
- Ganja God

- Posts: 4340
- Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:09 am
- Location: Sarnia
- Contact:
-
JokersAce
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1388
- Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 5:00 am
- Contact:
Re: How Tall Are You?
Weedguru Higher wrote:Were you convicted? What was the sentence?JokersAce wrote:I got charged for assault with deadly weapon (felony) for shooting someone with a 20 dollar airsoft gun when I was 14. Make of it what you will.
I went with the plea bargain of 1 year probation, 60 hours community service, and anger management classes. So long as I did all those right, it would go down to a misdemeanor. It did eventually but I had to pay over 2,000 dollars which took a while and extended my probation for a total of 3 years (though I didn't get drug tested after the one year). I went with the plea bargain cause I don't think I was old enough to withstand a trial that would have severe repercussions and my parents were too stupid to handle it I hate to say.
Though at the hearing following my plea agreement, the prosecutors wanted to throwout the deal entirely and lock me up for four years (on recommendation from probation interviewer)... the judge was indeed pressured to give me at least a few weeks but luckily I still haven't seen the inside of the belly of the beast.
When the going gets weird, the werid turn pro.
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?
-
Bubbles
- The Green Bastard

- Posts: 4357
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: How Tall Are You?
^ over a fucking 20$ airsoft gun, around here people get the same shit for shooting at people with pellet guns, and yes this actually happened some guy was standing on a boulevard shooting at passers by.

-
JokersAce
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1388
- Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 5:00 am
- Contact:
Re: How Tall Are You?
The key thing though is that the folks who run things in court don't know the difference between a $20 dollar airsoft gun with plastic BBs and a gas powered metal BB gun with spike shaped pellets (they only realize the latter).
When the going gets weird, the werid turn pro.
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?
-
Bubbles
- The Green Bastard

- Posts: 4357
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: How Tall Are You?
true, but youd think that they would actually pay attention to facts like that as they are very important.JokersAce wrote:The key thing though is that the folks who run things in court don't know the difference between a $20 dollar airsoft gun with plastic BBs and a gas powered metal BB gun with spike shaped pellets (they only realize the latter).

-
WeedGuru_Flow
- Red Eye Jedi
- Posts: 8722
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
- Location: Belgium
- Contact:
Re: How Tall Are You?
I don't know people, you silly cross atlantics use the imperial system rather than the metric one.
So converting units is pretty hard, lol :p
1m85cm :p
So converting units is pretty hard, lol :p
1m85cm :p
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
-
Bubbles
- The Green Bastard

- Posts: 4357
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: How Tall Are You?
we (Canadians) use the metric system outside of height.. also i used imperial in welding...lolWeedGuru_Flow wrote:I don't know people, you silly cross atlantics use the imperial system rather than the metric one.
So converting units is pretty hard, lol :p
1m85cm :p

-
Gorecore
- Weedguru Grampy

- Posts: 4115
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:33 pm
- Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
- Contact:
Re: How Tall Are You?
My uses of metric and imperial vary from thing to thing:
METRIC
----------
Distances
Speed traveled in vehicle
Wait...I was going to break this all down but I can't be bothered. It involves too much thinking because I re-looked over the "distances" part and thought, "Well, when I'm golfing I think in terms of yards, feet, and inches...so wtf?"
When I'm describing something at a great distance, I go with miles. Like, "Dude, Jupiter is around 5 billion miles away from earth or some shit...can you believe that?"
If someone asks me, "Hey, how far to the nearest liquor store?" I answer, "oh, about 3.25 kilometers thatta way!"
If someone shat in a bag and handed it to me asking me how much I thought it weighed, I'd answer "About 2 and a half pounds"
and so on...
METRIC
----------
Distances
Speed traveled in vehicle
Wait...I was going to break this all down but I can't be bothered. It involves too much thinking because I re-looked over the "distances" part and thought, "Well, when I'm golfing I think in terms of yards, feet, and inches...so wtf?"
When I'm describing something at a great distance, I go with miles. Like, "Dude, Jupiter is around 5 billion miles away from earth or some shit...can you believe that?"
If someone asks me, "Hey, how far to the nearest liquor store?" I answer, "oh, about 3.25 kilometers thatta way!"
If someone shat in a bag and handed it to me asking me how much I thought it weighed, I'd answer "About 2 and a half pounds"
and so on...

-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
-
AbbyRoad
- Ganja God

- Posts: 4340
- Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:09 am
- Location: Sarnia
- Contact:
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users
