How far do you commute

Sit down, skin up!

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru_Falkon
King of Kannabis, God of Ganja
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:59 am
Location: Stoned Soliloquy
Contact:

How far do you commute

Post by Weedguru_Falkon »

to work or school?

Work is about a half hour drive, 25 miles or so. school, from here I can walk to a light rail stop a block and a half a way and take it to the university. from my house to my classes usually about half hour as well, even though it's only a mile or so
Image
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.
SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5208
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
Contact:

Re: How far do you commute

Post by SpRi7e »

about 12 miles to work

about 25-30 miles for school once the year starts up in october
Peace Not Greed.
Blunt Docta
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 850
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 2:31 am
Location: Cloud 9
Contact:

Re: How far do you commute

Post by Blunt Docta »

haha school is not even 2 miles
probley barley even one , could walk or skate every morning, but usally far to high to feel like it
Image
Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard
Posts: 4357
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: How far do you commute

Post by Bubbles »

im about a km away from my new school, my old school i was about 3 kms away, and my middle school i was a few blocks away. my town is quite small.
Image
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: How far do you commute

Post by Weedguru Higher »

I don't go to school

And I don't have a fixed place of work.

Most jobs are close by within a few kilometers, but others are 20 km away. Some actually happen right in my driveway (Car repairs)
Image
andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch
Posts: 6299
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
Location: welcome to the midwest
Contact:

Re: How far do you commute

Post by andriaSRH »

Work is a 5 minute drive and about a 15-20 minute walk, depending on how fast I walk.
SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5208
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
Contact:

Re: How far do you commute

Post by SpRi7e »

sometimes I wish I lived in a city where I could walk to my job every day, or walk to school instead of driving a minimum of 7 minutes for civilization

actually...no i don't. :stoned2:

no...I do

kinda..
Peace Not Greed.
JokersAce
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1388
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 5:00 am
Contact:

Re: How far do you commute

Post by JokersAce »

My exact route and everything is 1.55 miles if you must know.
When the going gets weird, the werid turn pro.
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?
Weedguru_Falkon
King of Kannabis, God of Ganja
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:59 am
Location: Stoned Soliloquy
Contact:

Re: How far do you commute

Post by Weedguru_Falkon »

I ... do must know O.O
Image
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.
andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch
Posts: 6299
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
Location: welcome to the midwest
Contact:

Re: How far do you commute

Post by andriaSRH »

My job is literally 1.71 miles away.
Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy
Posts: 4115
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:33 pm
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Re: How far do you commute

Post by Gorecore »

I walk to and from work 5 nights a week. It's 2.5 kilometers (1.5 miles) each way.
Image
weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6562
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: south
Contact:

Re: How far do you commute

Post by weedguru_animal »

Depending on my nightly vodka and green intake, I arise from my slumber around 720ish, more often than not, still drunk. Recently I have been given to grabbing Ratm holding him close to me, and sleeping for another ten minutes or so, which leaves me approximately 10 minutes, to find my clothes, regain a semblance of balance, and hunt for my work pass and motorcycle keys. Then....I am OFF. Fighting my way through the morning city traffic, en route to the town hall. Sometimes, if I am feeling dangerously lacking lucidity, I take it easy, and my trip to work can stretch on these occasions, to near 14 fucking minutes, but generally, I aim closer to 7 minutes Ride Time. On the way home, i am horribly sober, but eager to get back here to my den, grab the rat, walk him, then get stuck in, once again to the vodka, so I remain eager for swiftness. So lets say, at best 7 minutes. At worst 14 minutes. The traffic is fine for me to play with on my beast, as its faster than ALL other vehicles, barring a few bigger sportsbikes ridden by even more deranged men than yours truly but unruly...However, when I am aware of my lack of basic balance required to even stand up straight without seeking a crutch of sorts, I take it a little easier.
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: How far do you commute

Post by Weedguru Higher »

Gorecore wrote:I walk to and from work 5 nights a week. It's 2.5 kilometers (1.5 miles) each way.
Get a bike man...
Image
Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy
Posts: 4115
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:33 pm
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Re: How far do you commute

Post by Gorecore »

Weedguru Higher wrote:
Gorecore wrote:I walk to and from work 5 nights a week. It's 2.5 kilometers (1.5 miles) each way.
Get a bike man...
Thought about it a couple times before...but nah. I would never want to bike in the winter, and the return trip home is mostly uphill. I'd hate to be so tired that I couldn't bike up the hill, so I'd have to wheel a bike plus my dying carcass uphill.
Image
Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard
Posts: 4357
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: How far do you commute

Post by Bubbles »

Gorecore wrote:
Weedguru Higher wrote:
Gorecore wrote:I walk to and from work 5 nights a week. It's 2.5 kilometers (1.5 miles) each way.
Get a bike man...
Thought about it a couple times before...but nah. I would never want to bike in the winter, and the return trip home is mostly uphill. I'd hate to be so tired that I couldn't bike up the hill, so I'd have to wheel a bike plus my dying carcass uphill.
ugh hills are shitty on bikes, my town is half a giant hill and im right on the bottom, but all my friends are at the very top... i got a LOT of exercise(sp?) as a kid xD
Image
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users