I have eaten the heart of a chicken,
And then I saw her light,
"Thou Shalln't escape the cage,
Thou shalln't accept their lies."
I have suckled on the heart of a woman,
I have taken her joy and her pride.
Though forever she will embrace me,
My thoughts are given her insight.
I have given my heart to a stranger,
She was too beautiful and too smart.
She ripped it apart slowly;
Examining each and every part.
And the truth never sold,
And the cards never fold,
The rain struck my life,
As a leaf,
I am given to their mercy,
I am given to their sunshine,
I am given,
To their relief.
But once I'll be free,
And the moon will stand by me,
So the sun will be frightened,
And the stars have all scuttled,
To see, to hear, to be.
Then the heart of the darkness,
And the father of death,
They will all shiver and kneel to the sea.
And I'll feast on the blackness,
And I'll feel the remains,
Of an evil strangely disappeared.
To the almighty light,
By this neon knight,
Where the light has finally found me.
I Have Given
Moderators: weedguru_animal, Moderators
-
Regarded
- Herbal Assassin

- Posts: 834
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:36 pm
- Location: Israel
- Contact:
-
pkkupo
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1761
- Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:12 am
- Location: Minnesota, USA
- Contact:
Re: I Have Given
Did you really write that? I like it very much, especially the last stanza... Difficult to discern a single meaning, but specific enough to guide a fantastic interpretation for me.
Nice one, Regarded! Have karma...
Nice one, Regarded! Have karma...

Like all dreamers, I mistook disenchantment for truth...
-
Regarded
- Herbal Assassin

- Posts: 834
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:36 pm
- Location: Israel
- Contact:
-
andriaSRH
- s†☼nër bi†ch

- Posts: 6299
- Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
- Location: welcome to the midwest
- Contact:
Re: I Have Given
Yeah ..wow..really good man. I've never been moved by a poem on here until now. 
-
Regarded
- Herbal Assassin

- Posts: 834
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:36 pm
- Location: Israel
- Contact:
Re: I Have Given
Thanks! that's an amazing complement 
It Annoys me I can't publish more poems, because I write most in hebrew...this is one of the few in english...
It Annoys me I can't publish more poems, because I write most in hebrew...this is one of the few in english...

-
Blunt Docta
- Herbal Assassin

- Posts: 850
- Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 2:31 am
- Location: Cloud 9
- Contact:
-
Regarded
- Herbal Assassin

- Posts: 834
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:36 pm
- Location: Israel
- Contact:
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users
