I Have Given

Discuss poems from this section, or post one of your own here

Moderators: weedguru_animal, Moderators

Post Reply
Regarded
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 834
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Israel
Contact:

I Have Given

Post by Regarded »

I have eaten the heart of a chicken,
And then I saw her light,
"Thou Shalln't escape the cage,
Thou shalln't accept their lies."

I have suckled on the heart of a woman,
I have taken her joy and her pride.
Though forever she will embrace me,
My thoughts are given her insight.

I have given my heart to a stranger,
She was too beautiful and too smart.
She ripped it apart slowly;
Examining each and every part.

And the truth never sold,
And the cards never fold,
The rain struck my life,
As a leaf,
I am given to their mercy,
I am given to their sunshine,
I am given,
To their relief.

But once I'll be free,
And the moon will stand by me,
So the sun will be frightened,
And the stars have all scuttled,
To see, to hear, to be.

Then the heart of the darkness,
And the father of death,
They will all shiver and kneel to the sea.
And I'll feast on the blackness,
And I'll feel the remains,
Of an evil strangely disappeared.
To the almighty light,
By this neon knight,
Where the light has finally found me.
Image
pkkupo
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1761
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:12 am
Location: Minnesota, USA
Contact:

Re: I Have Given

Post by pkkupo »

Did you really write that? I like it very much, especially the last stanza... Difficult to discern a single meaning, but specific enough to guide a fantastic interpretation for me.

Nice one, Regarded! Have karma...
Image
Like all dreamers, I mistook disenchantment for truth...
Regarded
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 834
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Israel
Contact:

Re: I Have Given

Post by Regarded »

Thank you very much! I find your disbelief concerning :P
Image
andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch
Posts: 6299
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
Location: welcome to the midwest
Contact:

Re: I Have Given

Post by andriaSRH »

Yeah ..wow..really good man. I've never been moved by a poem on here until now. (Y)
Regarded
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 834
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Israel
Contact:

Re: I Have Given

Post by Regarded »

Thanks! that's an amazing complement :)
It Annoys me I can't publish more poems, because I write most in hebrew...this is one of the few in english...
Image
Blunt Docta
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 850
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 2:31 am
Location: Cloud 9
Contact:

Re: I Have Given

Post by Blunt Docta »

you write some meaningful ass poems.
like them alot.
Image
Regarded
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 834
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Israel
Contact:

Re: I Have Given

Post by Regarded »

thank you very much!
Image
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users