The Containers

The place to seek help for sick plants, and general growth related topics

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
LiGhTuP
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:43 am
Location: Land down unda!
Contact:

The Containers

Post by LiGhTuP »

For the time being I am growing four plants to one 4L ice cream container. I intend to allow them to get their first leaves up, then plant it either into seperate containers indoors or seperate their dirt and plant into different spots outdoors.

Any advice on whether an ice cream container would be ok while the plants are really small.

Oh, plus I haven't got any drainage for the time being, will that matter either?
Beer and Grass your on your ass. Grass and Beer your in the clear!
[img]http://www.southend.wayne.edu/days/2002/sept/9302002/news/canada/chickensoupeps.jpg[/img]
User avatar
JusJoe
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 954
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 8:09 pm
Location: TEXAS
Contact:

Post by JusJoe »

accually i think the ice cream container will produce some fairly yeilding plants if you leave em in there the whole life cylce... unless you have a lot of room and you want huge plants
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/jusjoe/soULblooD.jpg[/img]
User avatar
LiGhTuP
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:43 am
Location: Land down unda!
Contact:

Post by LiGhTuP »

Yeah, I don't want them too big. I'll see how they go in it, if they start to get sick I can transfer them to two per container or something. Also, do you think it doesn't matter about having no drainage for the container?
Beer and Grass your on your ass. Grass and Beer your in the clear!
[img]http://www.southend.wayne.edu/days/2002/sept/9302002/news/canada/chickensoupeps.jpg[/img]
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Higher »

You definately need drainage otherwise the plants will drown and have no way of flushing themselves. Poke some holes in the bottom and put some kind of dish underneath to collect the water
Image
User avatar
LiGhTuP
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:43 am
Location: Land down unda!
Contact:

Post by LiGhTuP »

Yeah, I'm still deciding where to grow. Going to check out a few places today. I'll make sure they have drainage.
Beer and Grass your on your ass. Grass and Beer your in the clear!
[img]http://www.southend.wayne.edu/days/2002/sept/9302002/news/canada/chickensoupeps.jpg[/img]
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users