Smoking while sick

New to cannabis?? Learn the ropes in here...

Moderator: Moderators

stonedross
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:09 am
Contact:

Smoking while sick

Post by stonedross »

I was just wondering if it's ok for me to get high when I have a cold. It's just a stuffy nose, sorta sore throat, and sneezing. I thought it best to ask here before I tried.
Dakine
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2383
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Post by Dakine »

ofc.
[img]http://i11.tinypic.com/33c29o8.jpg[/img]
Jetasis
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:26 am
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Contact:

Post by Jetasis »

For sure man...toke away! Do keep in mind if you want to start feeling better, smoking weed probably isn't the first thing you should be doing. It may irritate your sore throat a bit. So if you're smoking it might take you a little longer to start feeling better..
Smoke On!...Jet
Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2687
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:12 am
Contact:

Post by Ikku »

I dunno, I've had a sore throat for a while now, smoking didn't really bother me though. In fact after getting high I do think I felt better.

However with a full blown cold, smoking sucks. Did it a couple weeks ago, completely dried out my nose and throat, couldn't breathe for shit.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.
SladeHino
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 506
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:32 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by SladeHino »

Smokin won't help but it won't hurt except for a sore throat, if its serious. But other then that i see no reason not to. Just wouldn't share without telling.
Qapow.
AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4340
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:09 am
Location: Sarnia
Contact:

Post by AbbyRoad »

youll be hacking up shit for a month
Image
buck333
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:09 am
Contact:

Post by buck333 »

if your just a bit sick then hells yes. not only will it help you eat more to get more nutrients going to fuel your immune system but you will sleep better and be generally more relaxed, lower stress=better working immune system

BUT for long term sicknesses it will lower your ability to fight it and agitate your lungs pretty bad. If you feel REALLY shitty I wouldnt recomend it as other people said you will be coughing fuckin horrible for weeks. so if its not that bad go ahead, if its laying you on your ass with fever and shit just wait
MatteN
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 867
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:32 pm
Location: U.S until I get an my own island
Contact:

Post by MatteN »

i recommend smoking just alittle to get u alittle high and just chillin.
Image
weedguru+chrisisonfire
+Political-Pothead+
+Political-Pothead+
Posts: 1352
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:03 am
Location: The Hill
Contact:

Post by weedguru+chrisisonfire »

abby wrote:youll be hacking up shit for a month
Cheers,

[url=http://www.norml.ca][img]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c94/chrisgenier93/norml.jpg[/img][/url]
Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2687
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:12 am
Contact:

Post by Ikku »

Actually I've had a sore throat for a few days now, it hurts to swallow and my voice is shot but it doesn't hurt to inhale deeply (or to inhale smoke) so it all depends.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.
osirus15
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:39 am
Location: Denver, CO
Contact:

smoking when sick

Post by osirus15 »

i heard somewhere that weed lowers your white blood cell count or some shit, so you can get sick easier... but i dont know i smoke when im sick all the time i always feel better... smoke a couple bowls and throw in a movie and lay down youll be alright :-D
blazedsubaru
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1182
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:19 am
Location: WA
Contact:

Post by blazedsubaru »

You will feel a shitload better and if you are laying around resting the day won't seem so long and it will be okay. That's the worst part of being sick, laying around gets so boring!
How you do that? I call it dope by magic. This dope by magic got me rich as I want to be...
My baby..
[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j138/awdfwd/avatarwrx.jpg[/img]
SomeONE?
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 442
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: some were in hell
Contact:

Post by SomeONE? »

take small hits or cook the weed
I had strep throat and one big bong rip killed me and i had to stop smoking till i got better
blazedsubaru
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1182
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:19 am
Location: WA
Contact:

Post by blazedsubaru »

So this is a funny story, and I guess it relates.
I used to hang out with these gangster types, and one day we are chillin' at this guy's house. We were smoking out on the street, ya know, fuck the po-lice, let the neighbors think we're wild, shit like that. But one guy just had his tonsils taken out and if he smoked the holes would get infected or would hurt or something. I don't really remember, all I knew is he couldn't smoke through his mouth. So someone busted out one of those beer helmets. They took both hoses and 2 fat blunts and shotgunned one blunt into each hose, which went from the top of the helmet down into this kid's nostril. He said it burned like hell, but he still got fucked up and his teeth didn't get infected.
How you do that? I call it dope by magic. This dope by magic got me rich as I want to be...
My baby..
[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j138/awdfwd/avatarwrx.jpg[/img]
osirus15
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:39 am
Location: Denver, CO
Contact:

...

Post by osirus15 »

dude holy shit... that kids braver then i, ive hit J's out of my nose but fuck someone blowing smoke through a tube straight through my nose
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users