Breaking It Up

New to cannabis?? Learn the ropes in here...

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
atticusfinch24
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:20 am
Contact:

Breaking It Up

Post by atticusfinch24 »

When I have a nug how small should I be breaking it up to put in a bowl?
User avatar
FIRE!!!
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4564
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:53 am
Location: Deep South FL
Contact:

Post by FIRE!!! »

It's really a matter of preference, but I usually like to break em into little nugs the size of pebbles and throw a bunch of those in the bowl. That way the weed is broken up enough to hit good, but not so broken up that it's shaky and burns quick.
President Beavis
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1352
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:18 am
Contact:

Post by President Beavis »

I like grinding it into near-dust and separating the crystals, but the answer to your question is gonna vary from member to member.
dr.Spock
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 891
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:58 am
Contact:

Post by dr.Spock »

for a bowl it is a matter of prefrence. but for joints, it is best to grind it finely, so that it shapes nicley in the paper.
[img]http://www.imageannex.com/out.php/i1034_prairiedogds2.gif[/img]
buck333
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:09 am
Contact:

Post by buck333 »

I also suggest grinding it up into smaller peices, but not dust. Definitely try for 7+ clumps in the bowl. This should be around fine enough to still do it as you load bowls, and not having to spend a bunch of time grinding it long enough.
SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5208
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
Contact:

Post by SpRi7e »

for me... I just get 3 small buds and pack it in then smoke it. I tend to like medium size bowl packs and to have it packed tight.
Peace Not Greed.
(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5762
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:50 pm
Contact:

Post by (weedguru)scarf »

i chop pretty fine for both joints and bowls... the finer it is for the joint the better... the bowls a little less chopped but still pretty small so that it can be packed nicely and not a lot of air comes through
woah
Genius
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 10:10 pm
Contact:

Post by Genius »

I rip it up into small pieces, but I never grind it up and turn it into powder; it burns too fast that way. I've always wondered, though, how efficient would it be to just throw in a large piece of bud into a bowl and try to smoke it like that? I've never done so, so I wouldn't know if it's any good or not.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/redeyedol/Signature%20pic/final.jpg[/img]
Certified-Nutter
The Iron Lungs of Wales!
The Iron Lungs of Wales!
Posts: 1835
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:27 pm
Location: somewhere in the vallies
Contact:

Post by Certified-Nutter »

its ok.... but it takes a long time to burn thru, i mean, lotta the time, u burn the outside fine.... but then u spend ages trying to get the middle of the bud to burn... godamn anoying sometimes, easier to break it up into smaller peices
Image Image Image <- My old account
Bunny420
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:13 am
Contact:

Post by Bunny420 »

Certified-Nutter wrote:its ok.... but it takes a long time to burn thru, i mean, lotta the time, u burn the outside fine.... but then u spend ages trying to get the middle of the bud to burn... godamn anoying sometimes, easier to break it up into smaller peices
good point. tahts why i like smaller peices.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AqD8NkWDucM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5WsI15fxORg
PyroPipe
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:36 am
Contact:

lol

Post by PyroPipe »

Yah, i just made a pipe the other day and it turns out the tube was too big. I didnt have time to modify it so i just threw a nice size bud in there. I got maby 5-6 hits off of it before it started gettin shitty.

Generally i just take a nice size bud and pull off starting at the bottom. Get close to the stem and just pull away. From there u can just toss that little sucker in or squeeze it between ur fingers and pull more little bits off of it.

I dont like grinding it up into little dust thought cause move of it gets caught in the flame and when i let off the inhale a big puff comes outta the bowl. THAS MY WEED FLOATIN AWAY lol, so yah i just put the little guys in there.

Another bonus for me i guess is that it likes to stay cherry when it has lil buds to catch.
219
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:53 am
Contact:

Post by 219 »

I usually just grind most of my bud when I fist get it. You can pack denser and fatter bowls and don't have to waste anytime grinding when you wanna roll. But yes, it is a matter of preference, just try out a few different densities and see what works for you.
Weedguru Sensei
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3440
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 3:59 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Sensei »

Seems everyone has their own preference.

I like to put a small little bud, just big enough to cover the case of the bowl, then cover it in almost powdered weed from the blender.
[img]http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1430/a45343a17d936183b9159c5zw2.gif[/img]
Dakine
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2383
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Post by Dakine »

Genius wrote:I rip it up into small pieces, but I never grind it up and turn it into powder; it burns too fast that way. I've always wondered, though, how efficient would it be to just throw in a large piece of bud into a bowl and try to smoke it like that? I've never done so, so I wouldn't know if it's any good or not.
Takes ages, and isnt very powerful. If you break it down, theres a larger surface area to burn, so you get higher.
[img]http://i11.tinypic.com/33c29o8.jpg[/img]
SmotPoker
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:10 pm
Contact:

Post by SmotPoker »

prefrence..its up to you try different ways.
-SmotPoker A.K.A Bongmaster Extraordinaire -
[img]http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/Lazie915/Marijuana.gif[/img]
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users