Music vs. TV

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

Music vs. TV - who wins?

TieVie
10
24%
Music
32
76%
 
Total votes: 42

Caro
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6174
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:22 am
Location: Possibly in the bathtub... God bless wireless internet!
Contact:

Post by Caro »

no way could I live without books. I'd ditch music and tv for books.
[img]http://a.im.craigslist.org/wb/wN/JlAJzS6s36uxWLoTVAezHhtGuWqk.jpg[/img][img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Denverbroncofrk/weedgurucopy.jpg[/img]
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Higher »

You lucky person with satellite....sadly I get only about 40 channels on cable out of which there's the boring weather channel, the classified adds channel, the community bulletin board channel, two 24 hour all news channels, an all sports channel, an all history channel (which isn't really history, its just all old re-runs -not the good ones, the boring ones!), the channel that is 24 hour advertising and online store, the channel that advertising the pay-per-view movies available through my cable company, 2 channels that are exactly the same except that they are braodcasted from 2 different cities, so just the news is different, two 24 four hour kids cartoon channels, two music channels, a local station that is real boring-they just highlight upcoming events and chat with real boring people in town- its totally amateur, oh ya, theres a third kids channel thats not cartoons, but just shows geared towards the 5-12 years olds..............that makes about 17 crappy never watched channels. THen there are maybe 15 all french channels which i rarely watch...the movies are usually good, but other than that they stink. It's not french from France, its french from Quebec but they still suck. Lots of the shows actually are english but have been translated...stinks watching translations...not the same at all....So that leaves about 10 normal english channels. Like ABC, NBC , CBS, GLOBAL, CFCF 12, TLC, DISCOVERY (it's good sometimes....)...oops..theres only 8.....oh, ya there a LIFE channel in french which sucks, and a channel braodcasted from France....its either news, or boring talk shows.............

Pitiful isn't it? And I have to pay like $35 bucks a month for that and i only watch a few of the channels....thats what they offer, don't have a choice. Think I'll have to consider digital or something....bit more expensive but atleast you can pick the channels you want and they offer a whole lot more options.......I should have thought of this before. I'm off to check that out on the net....
Image
Caro
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6174
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:22 am
Location: Possibly in the bathtub... God bless wireless internet!
Contact:

Post by Caro »

you should be able to get something you'll enjoy more. I only pay like $50/mo for digital cable.
[img]http://a.im.craigslist.org/wb/wN/JlAJzS6s36uxWLoTVAezHhtGuWqk.jpg[/img][img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Denverbroncofrk/weedgurucopy.jpg[/img]
Baybee
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2082
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 7:36 am
Location: Kamlooos, BC
Contact:

Post by Baybee »

Music. What would I do with out it? I do every thing to music. I simply would not be able to live with out it. It's vital. I don't watch that much TV as is, but music, music takes me places... hard to explain. I'm a music junkie :roll:
[img]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k287/GoCanucksGo_2007/canucks_logo.gif[/img]
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Higher »

But can you sit there for hours on end just staring at the radio, not doing anything else, like when you're plunked on the couch in front of the TV???
Image
User avatar
weedguru_asmodeus
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 738
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2002 12:20 pm
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Contact:

Post by weedguru_asmodeus »

if you have nothing to do and just want to stare forward not thinking much, or theres footy, then tv is the way, but for any other situation musi wins - because its not always an event in itself - it compliments other activities. Used correctly it basically satisfies your sense of hearing, and can even alter your mood if you listen close enough and have the right music on.

my tv situation says it all for me - i have a tv that is at least 20 years old - one of the first colour models available that my grandad gave to me, it pops every 15minutes or so in a vain attempt to blow up in my face, and i have a measly 4 channels. I only seem to use it for xbox these days
weedguru_asmodeus

Bikes see you through times of no money better than money sees you through times of no bikes.

http://www.weedguru.com

[img]http://www.weedguru.com/img/monk2.gif[/img]
Funk Doctor
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6636
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 4:24 pm
Location: Above the clouds

Post by Funk Doctor »

weedguru higher wrote:But can you sit there for hours on end just staring at the radio, not doing anything else, like when you're plunked on the couch in front of the TV???
Can you sit with some friends, chilling with some joints, with the TV playing in the background?
Caro
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6174
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:22 am
Location: Possibly in the bathtub... God bless wireless internet!
Contact:

Post by Caro »

[quote="weedguru_funk_doctor]
Can you sit with some friends, chilling with some joints, with the TV playing in the background?[/quote]

Is this a trick question?
[img]http://a.im.craigslist.org/wb/wN/JlAJzS6s36uxWLoTVAezHhtGuWqk.jpg[/img][img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Denverbroncofrk/weedgurucopy.jpg[/img]
Funk Doctor
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6636
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 4:24 pm
Location: Above the clouds

Post by Funk Doctor »

It's a rhetorical question.








I think...
puffpuffpass
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 894
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:20 pm
Location: East Bumblefuck NJ
Contact:

Post by puffpuffpass »

music fer me 8)
But could it be a grand joke
A puff of smoke
Yes it's but a great day
To know the way
Don't you see the huge clouds go flying by
Don't you know
Deep down we all are butterflies
User avatar
pothead_jaime
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:03 pm
Location: near calgary, alberta, canada
Contact:

Post by pothead_jaime »

music all the way! i would be no where without my music... i dont like tv anyway... except for watching movies.
[color=red:a6ead98a61]Exª¢T[/color:a6ead98a61]-[color=yellow:a6ead98a61]A[/color:a6ead98a61]-[color=blue:a6ead98a61]MunÐo[/color:a6ead98a61]
User avatar
herbaltea33
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:04 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by herbaltea33 »

i like music

you can always fuck around like you're on tv, but with music you don't always have all those instruments
.....what to do.....what to do......
User avatar
potbunny
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 4:19 am
Location: Toronto
Contact:

MUSSSSSSSSSIC

Post by potbunny »

Music!! all the freakin way! I THRIVE on music. It energizes me, sooths me, entertains me, i can take it where ever i go, i can have a conversation with it on in the backround (i don't have to pay attention to it wen it's on just to b able to enjoy it) Music can set a mood, any mood. It's amazing. I couldn't live happily as i do now, without my music. ALSO music is a language we all can understand. Doesn't matter where you're from. When a song/tune comes on, we all understand the feeling. I belive enjoying and understanding music is part of what makes us human and unites us as well. :)

Now don't get me wrong, I have my favorite TV show or 2...but I'd rather b doing my own thing than sitting there watching someone elses life on the TV. I really don't watch that much. :? ...only the stuff that'll gimme a laugh. :D
riff
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1147
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:32 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Post by riff »

shit man, that was deep. you've changed my outlook on life. you are a king/queen (depending on what sex you are). anyways, well said!
Look into my eye!
[img]http://compute2.shodor.org/mandy/cnew_archive/1920.gif[/img]
jonny cockeral
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6131
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Newcastle, England
Contact:

Post by jonny cockeral »

t.v. would be shit without music
Cameron.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users