Reqium For a Dream

Got an opinion on a movie? Stick it in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
MrClean
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:30 pm
Contact:

Reqium For a Dream

Post by MrClean »

My freind has been hassleing me for the last 6 motnhs to watch this movie and i finnally got around to it. I definatley vouche for this movie its a must see, it held my interest.
User avatar
Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate
Posts: 8112
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
Contact:

Post by Dr. Greenthumb »

“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
Dakine
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2383
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Post by Dakine »

:lol:
(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5762
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:50 pm
Contact:

Post by (weedguru)scarf »

pretty sure i replied in one of the other posts...
but still a fantastic movie

plus im all about the seeds
haha
peace
woah
OverlordOdium
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:17 am
Contact:

Post by OverlordOdium »

If your ripped out of your mind.. the movie is fucked and makes NO sense whatsoever and just trips you out bad, so dont watch it fucked. If you are, stick to something like Aqua Teen.
rab420
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:39 am

Post by rab420 »

if there was any movie that made me vow to never touch heroin, this is the one
http://s08.picshome.com/70d/blowmiddlefingersl4.jpg
Silence
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:03 pm
Contact:

Post by Silence »

I watched this blitzed and it terrified me, especially that Grandmother.
Ziggy
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1714
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:53 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Ziggy »

think i mite have watched this sober, and it still bad buzzed me. its sooooo depressing i refused to watch it after that, its just way too sad to sit through again. all there lives go to shit :(
Check Link: Flex Your Rights - Citizens Guide to Surviving Police Encounters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA

“Information is not knowledge. The only source of knowledge is experience.”
Albert Einstein
limit
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:53 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by limit »

Just watched this about half an hour ago..fantastic movie in terms of creativity, I could watch it over and over just to appreciate the depth of it. Thing is I don't want to watch it often, it's not a movie you want to watch when you're in the mood for cheech & chong which I always am and need no excuses for being depressed lol.

One thing I like most is the title.. Requiem For A Dream. Don't get me wrong you cannot merely read the title, it's just after seeing the movie I have to say it seems amazingly apt considering the outcome.
I had rarely heard the word 'Requiem' before, and although there is no real celebration it just suits it down to the ground.. wow, art in a form not often found.

alright i'll stfu now lol :lol: :lol:
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o222/slybert_cruz/keirasig.jpg[/img]
Head up young man,
this might be the only chance you get in the course of infinity,
don't ever forget that.
themagicbus
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:47 am
Contact:

Post by themagicbus »

Its weird. Even though this is by far the most depressing movie I have ever seen, I want everyone that I love to see it.
Dune Methane
andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch
Posts: 6299
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
Location: welcome to the midwest
Contact:

Post by andriaSRH »

Silence wrote:I watched this blitzed and it terrified me, especially that Grandmother.
the grandmother tripped me out. good movie though. sad ending
Weedguru Sensei
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3440
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 3:59 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Sensei »

OverlordOdium wrote:If your ripped out of your mind.. the movie is fucked and makes NO sense whatsoever and just trips you out bad, so dont watch it fucked. If you are, stick to something like Aqua Teen.
Cause that makes sense high or sober?
[img]http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1430/a45343a17d936183b9159c5zw2.gif[/img]
SToNeR ChRiS
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1549
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:20 am
Location: Where gravity no longer exists
Contact:

Post by SToNeR ChRiS »

I watched the first half of this movie a few weeks ago and only actually watched the whole thing today. It takes awhile to build up but the overall effect is pretty intense.
I saw on TV today, this man lost his son, his son died...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...
BlazedAndConfused
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by BlazedAndConfused »

that is the craziest fuckin movie. ive seen it like 8 times and it still freaks me out. great flick tho.
I Don't Take Drugs. I Am Drugs.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users