My theory is that individual differences within people's mentality have an efffect on how compatible a person is with certain recreational drugs. Let me explain, By compatibility I am referring to how the drug is recieved by a person, how much appreciation a person has for the effects. Some people aren't compatible with any drugs. Some don't even try n find out.
It is my suggestion that people with similar non-consciously controlled peronality traits / thought patterns will provoke similar emotion reactions and acceptances for certain recreational drugs. These people I would put into two rough categories of personality types; Submissive Personality's and Dominant Personality's.
Typical traits of a Submissive Personality would be; introverted, avoid situations involving conflict, laid back, non-confrontational, quiet, go-with-the-flow kind of people who tend to just roll with where ever life takes them.
Dominant Personality's tend to be more loud, fast paced, out-going, aggressive (I dont mean they go round communicating with fists n expletives, I mean with regards to their mannerisms), extroverted, don't-take-any-shit kind of people.
It is from my observations of people around me that as a general rule Submissive Personalitys tend to be drawn more to chilled drugs such as weed and more natural highs (eg Salvia and Shrooms). Whereas Dominant Personality's tend to be more attracted to alcohol and more chemical drugs (eg Pills, Coke, Speed). It is possible that this could be because it enhances parts of their personality that they already have and feel comfortable with. Non-drug takers have been excluded from my theory.
However there are exceptions to this rule and my explanation for this would be that there are some members of both Personality's that will rebel against their personality traits by using a recreational drug that is not typical of what is usually selected by other people of the same personality group. This maybe to achieve more balance and to tone down there personality. For example, Mr X is a dominant personality, but he may wish to tone down the fact he is so loud and face paced so he will choose to take a drug such as weed in order to achieve that balance in his personality. Also another explanation maybe that as you get older your personality will change, and as it does you may decide that the drug you are using is no longer compatible with your way of being. This may also explain why some people will skip between diferent drugs.
Also, there are people who will use drugs typical of both Submissive and Dominant Personality's. It is my proposal that these people may be in some kind of conflict with their personality or due to life experiences they may be in the midst of changing from one personality to another.
As you can tell this whole thing is still in the development stages right now, but I reckon I'm onto summat here. I'm not off my face and it makes pretty good sense to me so far, but I welcome any critisms or comments anyone would care to add...
jah bless



