Middle Children.

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted
Posts: 7747
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
Location: Home of the Sioux!
Contact:

Post by cutthecashflow »

Man Im the first born and let me tell you we have to break the path for the rest of you and usually get yelled at and more disciplined then the rest of the children.
Get busy living or get busy dying.
Scratch
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1350
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:46 am
Location: inhale...exhaleee..
Contact:

Post by Scratch »

That's true. But the youngest will always get into more shit in his life, cause he/she has no discipline.
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

cutthecashflow wrote:Man Im the first born and let me tell you we have to break the path for the rest of you and usually get yelled at and more disciplined then the rest of the children.
aye


Or: things you couldn't have at the time you asked for it, and then a few years later when your bro/sis is at the same age as you back then and he/she poses that exact same question, they get it without a fus

bloody parents
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
Guest

Post by Guest »

Midnight this is all a lie wrote:I'm the youngest, so i can't speak from personal experience, but i can certainly see how that could become an issue.

Think about it, the oldest is your parents first child, so there will always be that attachment, and they are also the obviously the first to do everything (driving, going to school/college etc) while it is still new to their parents.

So the middle child comes along and becomes the baby, and just as it gets into an awkward stage in their development, and are used to being the main object of their parents attention, along comes this new little kid, and they are no longer the baby of the family.

This new little kid totally steals their limelight, and all the attention previously focused on the middle child becomes redirected towards the new kid.

The older child will never stop being given attention because they are doing stuff that is still new and exciting for their parents, and the middle child just sort of slips into the background. The older child has already done what he's doing, and the youngest is not only cuter, but simply needs the attention alot more.

Therefore the middle child feels ignored, unappreciated and unloved which can cause them to act out in order to get attention.
:( :( :( :( It's so incredibly true I almost cried when I read that, you get all my seeds.
Scratch
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1350
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:46 am
Location: inhale...exhaleee..
Contact:

Post by Scratch »

You gain something, you loose something. Loose attention, gain freedom. Like everything in life, there's a good side and a bad side to everything.
Big Daddy
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2737
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:25 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Post by Big Daddy »

Scratch wrote:That's true. But the youngest will always get into more shit in his life, cause he/she has no discipline.
This man preaches the truth :?
Get Funky Wit Yo Bad Self
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/blazefan04/st1.gif[/img]
cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted
Posts: 7747
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
Location: Home of the Sioux!
Contact:

Post by cutthecashflow »

Big Daddy wrote:
Scratch wrote:That's true. But the youngest will always get into more shit in his life, cause he/she has no discipline.
This man preaches the truth :?
Nah I beg to differ, I am a first born and I have been in way more trouble then most adults get into in there liftetime.....


My sister however is the youngest and she is as straight as an arrow.
Get busy living or get busy dying.
tweedle

Post by tweedle »

She just hasnt got caught :D
Big Daddy
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2737
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:25 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Post by Big Daddy »

I know for a fact i have had to make one of those early morning calls to my mom more than both my sisters did.

My sisters always tell me i am lucky because if mom ever caught them smoking weed, she would have beat their asses, but my mom dont give a fuck that i smoke.
Get Funky Wit Yo Bad Self
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/blazefan04/st1.gif[/img]
WidespreadDead
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2397
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:03 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Post by WidespreadDead »

Scratch wrote:That's true. But the youngest will always get into more shit in his life, cause he/she has no discipline.
im with ya on that one. youngest ones rule
Insane
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 153
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:46 pm
Location: Vancouver BC

Post by Insane »

auto wrote:Thats why my parents only had 2. And I'm only having 2... or I'm only keeping 2.


(JUST KIDDING TO THAT SECOND PART)
lol

i have a sister thats middle child and shes really fucked up aswell.
Caro
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6174
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:22 am
Location: Possibly in the bathtub... God bless wireless internet!
Contact:

Post by Caro »

I was the middle child.... now I'm the oldest. I don't think I could have been as bad as my big brother, though, who burned down a 4 unit apartment complex when he was a toddler. Apparently he was lighting toilet paper on fire and rolling it across the room.

But I do remember being 4 and suddenly a new baby got all the attention. At first I didn't like him, like when he was first born he scared me coz he was so delicate. Plus he was born with a little tumor on his forehead. He got it removed when he was 12 and it left him with a Harry Potter-like scar. Damn! I never said that to him. Fuck, that's a good one. I could have teased him for years. He probably would have been a member of the anti wizard fagboy club. :lol:

Man, imagine being the middle child and having both the siblings next to you, oldest and youngest, dead. I'm still coming to grips with that's what happened to me. Thank God my mom had 4 kids.
[img]http://a.im.craigslist.org/wb/wN/JlAJzS6s36uxWLoTVAezHhtGuWqk.jpg[/img][img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Denverbroncofrk/weedgurucopy.jpg[/img]
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users