NEW DRUG COMBATS THE MUNCHIES

Have any news that needs publishing, or want to comment on a current article? Post here

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Caro
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6174
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:22 am
Location: Possibly in the bathtub... God bless wireless internet!
Contact:

NEW DRUG COMBATS THE MUNCHIES

Post by Caro »

Have you guys heard about this? It's called Rimonabant. It's a pill that inhibits the endocannabinoid system.


Two reports on the drug, called rimonabant, were released in New Orleans at a meeting of the American College of Cardiology. The research was financed by the drug's developer, the French firm Sanofi-Synthelabo, which plans to seek U.S. approval to sell it under the brand Acomplia after more studies are finished next year.

One study found the drug helped people drop 20 pounds in a year, while the other concluded it doubles smokers' success at quitting, at least in the short run. Doctors said the drug is likely to be marketed both for dieting and smoking cessation, but it is likely to be especially appealing to people beset by both problems.

Doctors say the drug is also noteworthy because it takes a fresh approach to helping people overcome their yen for food and tobacco. It is the first of a class of medicines that block the so-called endocannabinoid system.

Marijuana makes people ravenous by stimulating this circuitry. The same biological machinery serves crucial, everyday purposes by helping the brain regulate hunger and probably other urges, including alcohol craving.
http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.c ... y=munchies
[img]http://a.im.craigslist.org/wb/wN/JlAJzS6s36uxWLoTVAezHhtGuWqk.jpg[/img][img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Denverbroncofrk/weedgurucopy.jpg[/img]
Dan
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2003 7:59 am
Location: Washington State
Contact:

Post by Dan »

I havnt, but why, oh why, would you ever want to stifle those delightful munchies? No sense in that.
Caro
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6174
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:22 am
Location: Possibly in the bathtub... God bless wireless internet!
Contact:

Post by Caro »

Hey look, it's my biological little brother, back from the dead. :lol:

Well Danny, I'll tell you why. Because not everyone is six feet tall with a low percentage of body fat and long curly eyelashes. No, I am not bitter. But you could eat 5 pounds of meat and 10 pounds of bread a day and not gain weight, ya bastard. Some of us don't burn as many calories as we are compelled to eat by the munchies.
[img]http://a.im.craigslist.org/wb/wN/JlAJzS6s36uxWLoTVAezHhtGuWqk.jpg[/img][img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Denverbroncofrk/weedgurucopy.jpg[/img]
4*20
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2571
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:30 am
Contact:

Post by 4*20 »

I have the same problem lol, I eat a whole fucking lot when I smoke. Actually I ALWAYS get the munchies. I think i'm gaining weight, lol.
User avatar
Kottonmouth
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:50 am
Contact:

Post by Kottonmouth »

hmm i wonder of that drug would affect people smokin weed. Like affecting their high since it does the opposite as cannabinoids.
Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly!
4*20
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2571
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:30 am
Contact:

Post by 4*20 »

Men i just fucking ate 12 times in 8 hours .... DAHHH
weedguru tom
← i ♥ weed →
←  i ♥ weed  →
Posts: 7448
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
Contact:

Post by weedguru tom »

i ignore the munchies im to lazy
herbal stu
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4140
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:28 pm
Location: Wigan, England
Contact:

Post by herbal stu »

Weedguru Beloved wrote:Hey look, it's my biological little brother, back from the dead. :lol:

Well Danny, I'll tell you why. Because not everyone is six feet tall with a low percentage of body fat and long curly eyelashes. No, I am not bitter. But you could eat 5 pounds of meat and 10 pounds of bread a day and not gain weight, ya bastard. Some of us don't burn as many calories as we are compelled to eat by the munchies.
Hows about this for my average sunday when not high (cos I got grandparents visitin) Wake up 11:00am have a bowl of weeto's and a full whack Full English Breakfast you name it sausages eggs bacon gammon beans toast everythin... then maybe half hour later I'll make me 6 slices of thick bread sandwiches. Then at 12:30 couple of steak pies, pease, chips and gravy. An hour later I'll probably chuck in 2 burgers or micro pizzas (maybe a couple boxes of chicken wings) have those then for dinner I'd have full sunda roast with big sweet for after. Again half hour after that make myself some beans on toast or toasties then for supper I'll hit the soup and bread.

Oh and btw my diet during the days of the week doesnt vary and when I high as last tme I was stoned on cam wit Natcho I went thru 2 loaves of bread whole pack of penguins couple hotdogs and cheese slice sandwiches the last 2 items after cam had stopped.

I AM 10st 0oz. when wortkin in the Kitchen I also eat to big bars of Cadbury Dair Milk keep pickin at chips and then at the end of the night I get a burger chips mushrooms and gravy and if I work on sunday I also get 2 full raosts one at work and one at home :D

hmmm food I have got hollow legs!
[img]http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/2582/distsig1kd.gif[/img]
Reap your life like you want to recognise all you have come to!
When I stamp it on your forehead
So you will never forget that you're a reject,
And you're no one little impotent one!
Caro
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6174
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:22 am
Location: Possibly in the bathtub... God bless wireless internet!
Contact:

Post by Caro »

HOLY FUCK STU :shock:

lol
[img]http://a.im.craigslist.org/wb/wN/JlAJzS6s36uxWLoTVAezHhtGuWqk.jpg[/img][img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Denverbroncofrk/weedgurucopy.jpg[/img]
User avatar
super21girl
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:33 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Post by super21girl »

Weedguru Beloved wrote:HOLY FUCK STU :shock:

lol
My sentiments exactly. That is helly food.
User avatar
Kottonmouth
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:50 am
Contact:

Post by Kottonmouth »

Herbal $tu wrote:
Hows about this for my average sunday when not high (cos I got grandparents visitin) Wake up 11:00am have a bowl of weeto's and a full whack Full English Breakfast you name it sausages eggs bacon gammon beans toast everythin... then maybe half hour later I'll make me 6 slices of thick bread sandwiches. Then at 12:30 couple of steak pies, pease, chips and gravy. An hour later I'll probably chuck in 2 burgers or micro pizzas (maybe a couple boxes of chicken wings) have those then for dinner I'd have full sunda roast with big sweet for after. Again half hour after that make myself some beans on toast or toasties then for supper I'll hit the soup and bread.

Oh and btw my diet during the days of the week doesnt vary and when I high as last tme I was stoned on cam wit Natcho I went thru 2 loaves of bread whole pack of penguins couple hotdogs and cheese slice sandwiches the last 2 items after cam had stopped.

I AM 10st 0oz. when wortkin in the Kitchen I also eat to big bars of Cadbury Dair Milk keep pickin at chips and then at the end of the night I get a burger chips mushrooms and gravy and if I work on sunday I also get 2 full raosts one at work and one at home :D

hmmm food I have got hollow legs!
Damn that sounds almost like my friend, let's call him B (lol sounds like erowid). He eats like a full meal of junk food every two hours! He is still a small guy though, He has a super fast metabolism or a worm lol.
Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly!
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users