Some things to do in life (add yours to the list)
Moderator: Moderators
-
Tarential
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2077
- Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:47 pm
- Contact:
Some things to do in life (add yours to the list)
To be a bit more specific than the title, this topic is for things we feel are good for you in life. Things that you may not want to do, but you feel you should anyway to make things better.
I just have been thinking of some for myself, and I'm actually going to follow them as guidelines. They may apply to you, they may not.
1. Always shower when you get up in the morning. I have been letting this slide longer and longer, sometimes not having a shower til just before bed. I always have a shower every day, I just think it should be done earlier.
2. Never blaze when you have something that needs to be done. Don't blaze unless you have a chance, some actual free time. I really need to follow this one.
3. Never blaze when you have to look/act straight at all later that day (unless you can pass out and sleep for a few hours in front of it).
4. Always keep things clean. As much as it doesn't seem to bother me when I do it, I'm always less happy when my room isn't clean or the house isn't clean. Its not that much extra time to clean up once a day, and its really worth the effort. I'm about to do it again after I post this.
5. If you are going to do something, do it well. I can never quite feel satisfied if I have left something half done or done poorly. I stayed quite some time on a broken chair, and felt much better after I had taken the extra 15 minutes needed to fix it.
6. Organize time to blaze. Don't blaze now because you have 3 hours of free time today. Instead, do whatever needs to get done first, and blaze when you can set up nice or blaze with a friend or whatever.
Anyway, just some of my thoughts. I may add to this later... I hope everyone adds at least one thing from their personal experiences that they think improves life.
I just have been thinking of some for myself, and I'm actually going to follow them as guidelines. They may apply to you, they may not.
1. Always shower when you get up in the morning. I have been letting this slide longer and longer, sometimes not having a shower til just before bed. I always have a shower every day, I just think it should be done earlier.
2. Never blaze when you have something that needs to be done. Don't blaze unless you have a chance, some actual free time. I really need to follow this one.
3. Never blaze when you have to look/act straight at all later that day (unless you can pass out and sleep for a few hours in front of it).
4. Always keep things clean. As much as it doesn't seem to bother me when I do it, I'm always less happy when my room isn't clean or the house isn't clean. Its not that much extra time to clean up once a day, and its really worth the effort. I'm about to do it again after I post this.
5. If you are going to do something, do it well. I can never quite feel satisfied if I have left something half done or done poorly. I stayed quite some time on a broken chair, and felt much better after I had taken the extra 15 minutes needed to fix it.
6. Organize time to blaze. Don't blaze now because you have 3 hours of free time today. Instead, do whatever needs to get done first, and blaze when you can set up nice or blaze with a friend or whatever.
Anyway, just some of my thoughts. I may add to this later... I hope everyone adds at least one thing from their personal experiences that they think improves life.
"If I want your opinion I'll beat it out of you." - _MAD_Caesar_
-
Tarential
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2077
- Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:47 pm
- Contact:
- Young One
- Bonghead

- Posts: 473
- Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2003 9:55 pm
- Location: Michigan
- Contact:
-
Tarential
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2077
- Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:47 pm
- Contact:
-
Weedguru Anex
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1663
- Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:58 pm
- Location: Clinging to the antlers of the midnight sun
- Contact:
Love someone
If you don't get something, don't dismiss it, you should feel disapointed that you didn't & really work to understand it. I'm generally thinking music here but you can apply it to anything.
Don't accept things at face value
Realise that just because someone else is doing something it doesn't mean you should
Think before you act
If you don't get something, don't dismiss it, you should feel disapointed that you didn't & really work to understand it. I'm generally thinking music here but you can apply it to anything.
Don't accept things at face value
Realise that just because someone else is doing something it doesn't mean you should
Think before you act
You people voted for Hubert Humphrey and you killed Jesus
-
Tarential
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2077
- Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:47 pm
- Contact:
- Skwerl_Butt
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1293
- Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:44 pm
- Location: You know where California is??..Yeah, well, I live no where near there
- Contact:
“Make the most of your regrets…to regret deeply is to live afresh.”
--once specified by Henry David Thoreau.
I like this quote and it means if somebody profoundly regretted a breaking of divine or moral law, they would gain knowledge from their mistake, which will prevent them from going astray once again, therefore, living once again.
--once specified by Henry David Thoreau.
I like this quote and it means if somebody profoundly regretted a breaking of divine or moral law, they would gain knowledge from their mistake, which will prevent them from going astray once again, therefore, living once again.
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid175/p358a9a70c2270c3bf723e8751bbcc292/f378b808.jpg[/img]
-
GodHand Kronix
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 3191
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:36 am
- Location: Cape Coma
- Contact:
"Do not deny love. To deny our lusts and desires is to deny the very fabric of that which makes us human."
I don't remember who said that but i remember hearing it and yea im kinda wishin i could see that stoner chick right now
I don't remember who said that but i remember hearing it and yea im kinda wishin i could see that stoner chick right now
RIP Andrew James Howard
June 9, 1982
September 16, 2005
I love you man..
June 9, 1982
September 16, 2005
I love you man..
- CANNIBAL CORPSE
- Casual toker

- Posts: 85
- Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2003 6:21 am
- Location: Australia
- Contact:
- CANNIBAL CORPSE
- Casual toker

- Posts: 85
- Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2003 6:21 am
- Location: Australia
- Contact:
- Daddy
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1413
- Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 5:55 pm
- Location: Manchester England / Australia
- Contact:
Give a man a fish _ he can eat for the day.
Give a man a Fishing Rod he can eat for life....
The only real winner in War Is War it's self - I love that saying.
But my own personal thing is _ Respect your mother the women went through pain to bring you into this world.....
Give a man a Fishing Rod he can eat for life....
The only real winner in War Is War it's self - I love that saying.
But my own personal thing is _ Respect your mother the women went through pain to bring you into this world.....
Player no More.
All you need is Love.
All you need is Love.
-
Mind Terrorist
- Herbal Assassin

- Posts: 747
- Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:18 pm
- Location: U.K. which is a bastard to skate in winter.
- Contact:
i've got one which i live by.
do your own thing, don't follow a trend or wear something just because it's ''kewl'' - that's the reason there are so many ''scallies/trendys/townies'' - be individual.
~iNDiViDUALiTY~iS~A~GiFT~
do your own thing, don't follow a trend or wear something just because it's ''kewl'' - that's the reason there are so many ''scallies/trendys/townies'' - be individual.
~iNDiViDUALiTY~iS~A~GiFT~
~iNDiViDUALiTY iS A GiFT~
we all die one day,
remember that when i go first...
[img]http://www.bbc.co.uk/leeds/altogether/thomas_danby/images/cold_turkey_270.jpg[/img]
we all die one day,
remember that when i go first...
[img]http://www.bbc.co.uk/leeds/altogether/thomas_danby/images/cold_turkey_270.jpg[/img]
- CANNIBAL CORPSE
- Casual toker

- Posts: 85
- Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2003 6:21 am
- Location: Australia
- Contact:
-
GodHand Kronix
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 3191
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:36 am
- Location: Cape Coma
- Contact:
-
Mind Terrorist
- Herbal Assassin

- Posts: 747
- Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:18 pm
- Location: U.K. which is a bastard to skate in winter.
- Contact:
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users