Hello friends, it's been a while. This transition process that I am currently involved in is taking longer than expected and my time is hard pressed, but soon, soon my friends I will have three months consisting of a cabin by the lake attitude. I'll be moving away from the Red River Valley to the west to a cabin on the lake. Work will consist of an underpaid summer in relation to the amount of education undertaken to this date, but hell money doesn't matter all the time. Sometimes, being in the right place at the right time is all that matters.
Enough of the aforementioned. To business. In September I'm fairly certain I will be moving to Waterloo Ontario to undertake a research position in a neuroscience/kinesiology laboratory and I need to know more about the general area. What do people do for fun? How is the weather? Is there anywhere to ski? Does the town or college have a local hockey team? How far am I from any major metropolitan area? Will I need to know any French or will my northern Minnesota/North Dakota/Manitoba accent be acceptable? What's rent like in Waterloo and are the people friendly? Are there any local customs or cultural things I need to know before moving there? Any and all advice is appreciated as I have been through central and western Canada, but I have never been on the other side of Manitoba. I've been in Northeastern Minnnesota which borders Ontario, but I've never made the trip there. Let me know what I need to know and if any of you in that vicinity would want to meet up sometime I'd be more than happy to once I make the move.
Take care my friends.
P.S. If it's not Waterloo it will probably be upstate New York, Rochester to be exact, so if anyone can fill me in about that area it would be helpful too.
Calling all Canadians
Moderator: Moderators
-
cutthecashflow
- Intellecutally Wasted

- Posts: 7747
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
- Location: Home of the Sioux!
- Contact:
Calling all Canadians
Get busy living or get busy dying.
-
sugarstalker
- Herbal Assassin

- Posts: 978
- Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:38 pm
- Location: Norway
- Contact:
Re: Calling all Canadians
I know waterloo is pretty close to Toronto, which is a brilliant city, and waterloo, being in ontario, french is not required.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users