Light at the end of the tunnel

Discuss poems from this section, or post one of your own here

Moderators: weedguru_animal, Moderators

Post Reply
Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3686
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Light at the end of the tunnel

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside »

I got lost in my mind,
I’ve been tunnelling to find
All the answers to the questions which have troubled me for time.
But currently, I’m blind.
I keep on running down the line,
Not knowing which way to turn,
Not even looking at the signs.
I feel a shiver down my spine.
Day by day I’m growing older.
The sun’s ceased to shine.
It’s getting darker and colder as the passionate fire inside starts to smoulder.
The weight of the world’s grown greater on my shoulders.
But then I think of all the soldiers, doctors and nurses.
Those who help alleviate the world of its’ curses,
Who see shit every day which I would never wish to surface in my life,
And I feel I should do the world a greater service.
To serve a greater purpose with great aspirations.
I’m sick of wasting time, should be a little more impatient,
A little less complacent with more motivation.
I need a kick up the ass and a sturdier foundation.
Maybe then, once again the sun can shine upon my face; and tomorrow might just be a better day than today’s been.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.
Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2687
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:12 am
Contact:

Re: Light at the end of the tunnel

Post by Ikku »

Wicked message. Much appreciated.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.
Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3686
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Re: Light at the end of the tunnel

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside »

Thanks a lot man. Glad you liked it.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Light at the end of the tunnel

Post by Weedguru Higher »

Sweet man, I actually understood that, unlike most poetry i read here
Image
Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3686
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Re: Light at the end of the tunnel

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside »

Thanks a lot man. I'm glad you liked it too. I try not to be so mysterious in my writing.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.
User avatar
omnific.dc
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 658
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:30 am
Location: ..not home.
Contact:

Re: Light at the end of the tunnel

Post by omnific.dc »

That's whats going on in my head, and you writ it in a poem. I clap to that.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users