untitled and unfinished....

Discuss poems from this section, or post one of your own here

Moderators: weedguru_animal, Moderators

Post Reply
Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3686
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 pm
Location: England
Contact:

untitled and unfinished....

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside »

What happened to this species?
Long gone are the days of nobility.
I find with each day I live, a layer of lovely, lively colour is stripped from life,
Leaving everything a little more dull, a little more grey.
Occasionally there shines a ray of light, of hope, as if to say "Have faith, you'll see a better day."
But I just look on in dismay.
As we fan the flames of disarray,
We work, we eat, we sleep, we play.
Well, half the world just seem to pray,
But live to die another day.
As we dance under the sword of Demicles,
We laugh and joke hysterically,
While drinking Coke and Hennessey,
And sharing smokes and pleasantries.
We live life so nonsensically.
We care not for how we're predisposed genetically,
Or what may be hereditary.
Personally I can't find the time to wonder what may be ahead of me,
Or if I'll leave a legacy.....
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users