Anyway seeing as I don't know for how long I won't have internet after I move, the point of this thread is to let everyone know that I may disappear for awhile. On a side note, I probably will be smoking a lot less once I get down there so I don't really know what the future holds for me. On an extra side note, I smoke A LOT now, so thankfully cutting back doesn't mean much
The Big Move
Moderator: Moderators
-
SToNeR ChRiS
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1549
- Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:20 am
- Location: Where gravity no longer exists
- Contact:
The Big Move
Hey all, so I thought I would let everyone know what the future holds for the legendary SToNeR ChRiS
. This could have easily gone in the leaving/returning members thread but seeing as this may be my last post for awhile, what the heck? In about a week or so I'm going to be moving out of the place (my parent's house) that I have been living in for the past decade. If that's not enough of a jolt toward my system and current lifestyle on its own, a couple of weeks later I'm going to be heading to California for at the very least, a semi permanent move. Right now I live in Canada so say bye bye to cold winters. I'm still going to have some belongings in Canada so I will likely be back eventually... it's more a matter of when?? I'm going to apply to a masters program at UCLA as well so if I get accepted the move will turn from semi-permanent to permanent.
Anyway seeing as I don't know for how long I won't have internet after I move, the point of this thread is to let everyone know that I may disappear for awhile. On a side note, I probably will be smoking a lot less once I get down there so I don't really know what the future holds for me. On an extra side note, I smoke A LOT now, so thankfully cutting back doesn't mean much
. I've smoked for long enough now to accept that going cold turkey is not something I want to say is in my forseeable future until it happens. If it does, so be it. It's been a blast everyone and I'll definitely see you all again... just from a much different and more importantly warmer climate
. Take care weedguru, this is a high as a kite SToNeR ChRiS signing off.
Anyway seeing as I don't know for how long I won't have internet after I move, the point of this thread is to let everyone know that I may disappear for awhile. On a side note, I probably will be smoking a lot less once I get down there so I don't really know what the future holds for me. On an extra side note, I smoke A LOT now, so thankfully cutting back doesn't mean much
I saw on TV today, this man lost his son, his son died...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...
-
pkkupo
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1761
- Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:12 am
- Location: Minnesota, USA
- Contact:
Re: The Big Move
Good luck, brother. Sounds like it could be a blast if you have a job/school schedule you can tolerate. Hope you dig LA and UCLA digs you/you dig it. I know you'll dig winter... In a much different way than the rest of us in Canada/Northern mid-west (basically Canada) will....... 

Like all dreamers, I mistook disenchantment for truth...
-
JokersAce
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1388
- Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 5:00 am
- Contact:
Re: The Big Move
Farewell and welcome to California, where there's so much weed that if you thought it would be a sobe3r sanctuary then you are in for a twist. 
When the going gets weird, the werid turn pro.
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?
-
weedguru tom
- ← i ♥ weed →

- Posts: 7448
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
- Contact:
Re: The Big Move
best of luck to you pal. been there done that, worked out great. 
-
Weedguru_Fire_Inside
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 3686
- Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 pm
- Location: England
- Contact:
Re: The Big Move
Good luck Chris. Hope everything goes well. Cali is one of the places on my list for when I finish my studies. I just gotta keep my record clean for another few years so I can actually enter the USA. Anyway, once again, good luck dude. I hope the future gives you everything you desire.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.
-
cutthecashflow
- Intellecutally Wasted

- Posts: 7747
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
- Location: Home of the Sioux!
- Contact:
Re: The Big Move
The only downside to los Angeles is there are way too many people. If you want to escape them you must make a journey into the desert past death valley where you will ultimately find yourself in a peyote trip so intense even the God's will not be able to calm the storm. After your adventure you will enter back into the concrete jungle with every type of human imaginable, but your Psyche having been ravished and raped in the desert will be far superior than your depraved/degenerate conterparts, that you will inevitably carry on unscathed in God's part of the world where he sends the other individuals who are not decent enough to join the rest of us in society.
Anyway, best of luck with your travels and try to drop in from time to time..
Anyway, best of luck with your travels and try to drop in from time to time..
Get busy living or get busy dying.
-
Ikku
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2687
- Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:12 am
- Contact:
Re: The Big Move
Enjoy man. Never been to LA, personally I'm a big fan of the bay area.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.
-
SToNeR ChRiS
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1549
- Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:20 am
- Location: Where gravity no longer exists
- Contact:
Re: The Big Move
Thanks for all the encouraging words my friends. I finally moved out of my old place last week and am now chilling at my grandfather's place for a few weeks before I head out west. I appreciate all the kind thoughts and will be sure to keep you all posted on how things turn out. 
I saw on TV today, this man lost his son, his son died...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...
-
SToNeR ChRiS
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1549
- Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:20 am
- Location: Where gravity no longer exists
- Contact:
Re: The Big Move
By the way dude, if you don't mind me asking... From where and to where did you move?weedguru tom wrote:best of luck to you pal. been there done that, worked out great.
I saw on TV today, this man lost his son, his son died...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...
-
cutthecashflow
- Intellecutally Wasted

- Posts: 7747
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
- Location: Home of the Sioux!
- Contact:
Re: The Big Move
Oh, by the way UCLA has a gorgeous campus, but I'm sure you knew this already.
Get busy living or get busy dying.
-
SToNeR ChRiS
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1549
- Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:20 am
- Location: Where gravity no longer exists
- Contact:
Re: The Big Move
So after a few months of delay (as can be seen by when this thread was started), I'm finally off to Los Angeles tomorrow! The excitement is kicking in and the uncertainty is somewhat thrilling. I'll be sure to keep in touch as much as I can but until then I hope everyone continues to smoke weed, stay healthy and be safe!
I saw on TV today, this man lost his son, his son died...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...
-
Ikku
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2687
- Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:12 am
- Contact:
Re: The Big Move
Don't get popped mayne
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.
-
WeedGuru_Flow
- Red Eye Jedi
- Posts: 8722
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
- Location: Belgium
- Contact:
Re: The Big Move
i'm excited for you Chris, best of luck and who knows I might come visit you in a year, road trip etc.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
-
SToNeR ChRiS
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1549
- Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:20 am
- Location: Where gravity no longer exists
- Contact:
Re: The Big Move
Haha sounds like a plan Flow! You wouldn't regret it, that's for sure. I arrived safely and everything is going great. It's been less than 2-3 days though so I'm still not fully settled.
It didn't help that my father knew of a hookup so close to my area. I have been more active here though and stil plan on smoking much less than I was... which is not very hard. Other than that, I'm definitely vibing the change of scenery so far so all things are good. 
I can assure you that when I read this I did NOT know how right you would be. I knew it would probably be easy, but not this easy. I've been here less than 72 hours and I'm already experiencing my first weedguru high right this minute.JokersAce wrote:Farewell and welcome to California, where there's so much weed that if you thought it would be a sobe3r sanctuary then you are in for a twist.
I saw on TV today, this man lost his son, his son died...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...
-
Weedguru_Fire_Inside
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 3686
- Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 pm
- Location: England
- Contact:
Re: The Big Move
Good shit man, sounds awesome.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users