Zeitgeist
Moderator: Moderators
-
SpRi7e
- Ganja God

- Posts: 5208
- Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
- Contact:
Zeitgeist
I remember watching a movie or documentary that disproved most of the things stated in Zeitgeist and wanted to find it again. My friend believes it all down to the T, and I remember a while ago reading all this stuff basically disproving all the bullshit that movie spews out (even though it has a somewhat good objective) and I wanted to give him the other side of the story because those conspiracy movies create people in to crazy paranoid conspiracy junkies
If anyone knew of anti conspiracy movies, or anything especially relating to the Zeitgeist disputed, can you post it?
If anyone knew of anti conspiracy movies, or anything especially relating to the Zeitgeist disputed, can you post it?
Peace Not Greed.
-
Weedguru_Fire_Inside
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 3686
- Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 pm
- Location: England
- Contact:
Re: Zeitgeist
Unfortunately, i can't help you there.
Which Zeigeist do you mean? If it's the 1st one i can pretty much agree but the 2nd and 3rd are both accurate and brilliant.
Which Zeigeist do you mean? If it's the 1st one i can pretty much agree but the 2nd and 3rd are both accurate and brilliant.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.
-
cutthecashflow
- Intellecutally Wasted

- Posts: 7747
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
- Location: Home of the Sioux!
- Contact:
Re: Zeitgeist
The only Zeitgeist I am aware of is the theory in history.
Get busy living or get busy dying.
-
Weedguru_Fire_Inside
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 3686
- Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 pm
- Location: England
- Contact:
Re: Zeitgeist
The zeitgeist movement is the activist section of the Venus project. They release documentaries every now and then.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.
-
AbbyRoad
- Ganja God

- Posts: 4340
- Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:09 am
- Location: Sarnia
- Contact:
-
Bubbles
- The Green Bastard

- Posts: 4357
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: Zeitgeist
Kymatica and the Esoteric Agenda i believe where created and anrrated by the vocalist of some very largely unheard of band that i cannot remember the name of.
i read that a while back after i first watched Kymatica, unfortunately i cannot remember where.
i read that a while back after i first watched Kymatica, unfortunately i cannot remember where.

-
Dank
- Casual toker

- Posts: 79
- Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:16 am
- Contact:
Re: Zeitgeist
What parts of Zeitgeist were BS? The part about the US monetary system was spot on.
As it is above, it is below...
-
Weedguru_Fire_Inside
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 3686
- Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 pm
- Location: England
- Contact:
Re: Zeitgeist
Indeed, it's actually the same system used in most capitalist economies.Dank wrote:What parts of Zeitgeist were BS? The part about the US monetary system was spot on.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.
-
SpRi7e
- Ganja God

- Posts: 5208
- Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
- Contact:
Re: Zeitgeist
not sure exactly as it's been years since I watched it.. it was either for the first or second one, but the one video/article I saw had people go really far out of the way to go and disprove a good couple of things they said in the movie. Maybe not what they were getting at with it, but the evidence they used to support it.
Both sides were completely biased though, and without being at certain places and doing a bunch of research..I will never know what was true or false. To be honest, I barely remember typing that post... I think I was fucked up (haha actually I almost know I was)
Both sides were completely biased though, and without being at certain places and doing a bunch of research..I will never know what was true or false. To be honest, I barely remember typing that post... I think I was fucked up (haha actually I almost know I was)
Peace Not Greed.
-
Weedguru_Fire_Inside
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 3686
- Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 pm
- Location: England
- Contact:
- Tigerpillar
- Why Hello There !
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Zeitgeist
The first movie is ok, but the stuff about 9/11 and religion distracts a bit from the main message, namely that capitalism is an inherently inefficient, immoral system that's now (fortunately) in its death throes (like communism was in the late '80s and '90s). An automated, resource based economy really is the only way forward, the alternative is accelerating social and economic decay, and ultimately collapse. The financial and political 'elites' are a bunch of greedy, short sighted morons who will ruin us all. Either we kick them out, or slide into a new Dark Age of crushing poverty, brutal repression, and socio-economic stagnation.
Anyway, check out http://zeitgeistmovie.com/ and 'Addendum' and 'Moving Forward' in particular. TZM may not have all the answers, and in some ways it's too idealistic and naive, but at least it's a (big) step in the right direction.
Anyway, check out http://zeitgeistmovie.com/ and 'Addendum' and 'Moving Forward' in particular. TZM may not have all the answers, and in some ways it's too idealistic and naive, but at least it's a (big) step in the right direction.
-
Weedguru_Fire_Inside
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 3686
- Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 pm
- Location: England
- Contact:
Re: Zeitgeist
I couldn't agree more dude (Tigerpillar).
Good first post mate, and welcome to the boards.
Good first post mate, and welcome to the boards.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.
-
Grrrl
- Moderator
- Posts: 1220
- Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:19 pm
- Location: Manchester, uk
- Contact:
Re: Zeitgeist
The bit where they cover Jesus and link him to loads of other people in history who preceeded him, like some egyptian dude (could have been horus) and a few others, basically saying christians stole the story off other pre-existing religions. That was the only bit I was aware that of in which there were any irregularities though it should be mentioned they were only minor, nothing that severely detracted from the facts. I liked the ideas behind zeitgeist, alot of things around at the mo are increasingly swinging towards utopian and dystopian ideals (the former over the latter but they are both increasing in popularity again).

Me importa un pimiento...
-
Grrrl
- Moderator
- Posts: 1220
- Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:19 pm
- Location: Manchester, uk
- Contact:
Re: Zeitgeist
Have you seen the yes men fix the world? Thats worth a watch, not a conspiracy movie as such but its a wicked documentary and not too far off topic..

Me importa un pimiento...
-
JokersAce
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1388
- Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 5:00 am
- Contact:
Re: Zeitgeist
Late post but I recently watched the Zeitgeist crap and I found a few sites you will like...
http://conspiracies.skepticproject.com/ ... zeitgeist/
http://webskeptic.wikidot.com/zeitgeist
http://conspiracies.skepticproject.com/ ... zeitgeist/
http://webskeptic.wikidot.com/zeitgeist
When the going gets weird, the werid turn pro.
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users
