Well it seems we have two vaporizer threads going at once. Here's my opinions on vaporizers from the other thread
As for the main focus of the thread, the good ol vaporizer. No thanks. A little over two years ago my friend bought one so he could smoke in his dorms, and I'd go over occasionally and it was a lot of fun. It doesn't completely eliminate the smell but it smells like a faint combination of popcorn and weed and is easier to hide. For summer break we both moved back home and I would be at his house daily using that thing. It was upstairs and as far as we know his parents never noticed, or at least didn't care. A year and a half ago (Fall 2009) we both moved back to our college town and we each got our own apartments. Given a little time he ended up with a couple of really nice bongs and as far as I know he never uses the vaporizer anymore. The last times I've gone over there we've actually smoked out of various pipes or a spliff which seems to be his main thing now, doesn't even use his bongs haha.
But the vaporizer high is way different than a normal weed high, I'm guessing it releases a smaller range of cannabinoids than smoking does. It's one of those things that I would use if I bought one, but once the novelty wore off I'd probably shelf it. I don't know what brand my friend has, I've looked around online and I think it's the V-tower. And I've used my neighbor's silver surfer with the same results, although I vastly prefer the V-tower with its fan and bag attachment. But I wouldn't get one unless I had a huge wad of cash burning a hole in my pocket.
Two more things to add since I've seen this version of the thread.
Zero chronic reminded me that you do indeed use less weed for the vaporizer. Although it's a different feeling and IMO not as desirable as a normal weed stone, you can conceivably us as little as 1/10 of a gram of weed and get a solid bag of vapor. We always left the weed cooking on the vaporizer for a long time, like 10 minutes, in order to get all of the THC out as possible before turning on the fan and filling the bag. If we didn't leave it that long, the vapor in the bag would be much less dense, and you can get a second bag of vapor off the same bowl. We preferred doing fewer bags where the vapor hit harder. Maybe 2-3 bags between 2 people gets you both really blitzed.
Also, sorry to hear about your troubles with the vaporgenie Abby. It takes a certain technique to use those properly. Everyone I know that has one uses it not for weed but for DMT, since burning DMT is such a waste compared to vaporizing and no one wants to dirty up an expensive electronic vaporizer with DMT resin. I kind of want to get one for myself since I waste SO much DMT smoking it out of pipes it's retarded.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.