Use Less Smoke More?
Moderator: Moderators
-
Purplera1n
- Casual toker

- Posts: 97
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:45 am
- Location: In the Ashtray.
- Contact:
Use Less Smoke More?
Hi guys, I've been smoking weed for just over 5 years now and i've come acrost something for the first time.
Weed in my area, the price has gone up alot over the few years. The price has been the same 10 pounds, 20 pounds etc. But the ammount has gone down in the bags and the quality higher. It's standard practice now to use that 'rule'.
Anyway, Over the years since i could ever remember smoking i've always rolled big joints and always reaching a great high. Usually get 2-3 joints from 10 pounds worth.
But last night i tried something my friend, who deals too suggested. Use less in the mix when rolling a J apparently too much weed is 'wasted weed'.
So Instead, i managed to get 6 joints from 10 pounds worth, which would be bordering on what i get out personally from a 20 pound bag.
I got high EXACTLY the same, the same level, everything. But used like MUCH less than what i normally did.
Whats going on here? i thought the more in spliff, the more it kicks.
Weed in my area, the price has gone up alot over the few years. The price has been the same 10 pounds, 20 pounds etc. But the ammount has gone down in the bags and the quality higher. It's standard practice now to use that 'rule'.
Anyway, Over the years since i could ever remember smoking i've always rolled big joints and always reaching a great high. Usually get 2-3 joints from 10 pounds worth.
But last night i tried something my friend, who deals too suggested. Use less in the mix when rolling a J apparently too much weed is 'wasted weed'.
So Instead, i managed to get 6 joints from 10 pounds worth, which would be bordering on what i get out personally from a 20 pound bag.
I got high EXACTLY the same, the same level, everything. But used like MUCH less than what i normally did.
Whats going on here? i thought the more in spliff, the more it kicks.
-
SpRi7e
- Ganja God

- Posts: 5208
- Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
- Contact:
Re: Use Less Smoke More?
Joints waste weed, they burn the weed super quick.. It's all about how quick it's being burned and the loss of smoke from it never going out. I can get a full size J and smoke it, get somewhat high, or I could use the same amount of weed and get just as high, if not higher 3 times. Whatever is in your mix, is letting the J burn a little slower on the weed. If you want efficiency with how much bud you need, Joints and blunts are your worst option
Peace Not Greed.
-
wgToonces
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2777
- Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 8:57 am
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland
- Contact:
-
(weedguru)scarf
- Ganja God

- Posts: 5762
- Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:50 pm
- Contact:
-
Weedguru_Fire_Inside
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 3686
- Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 pm
- Location: England
- Contact:
Re: Use Less Smoke More?
i've noticed the exact same. I've been loading up fat joints for a long, long time, mostly because i love the taste of loads of weed. I get the same out of my 10's as you used to, but i'm currently trying to conserve. My method has been to smoke less joints, still using the same amount of bud, which has been working well, but i'm going to try out your method.
.....I'll report back.
.....I'll report back.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.
-
SpRi7e
- Ganja God

- Posts: 5208
- Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
- Contact:
Re: Use Less Smoke More?
My weed tastes too good to be corrupted with the taste of paper or flavored cigars!(weedguru)scarf wrote:however in my opinion, joints and blunts taste the best
incidentally, I smoked a blunt last night and a J yesterday.. haven't had either in ages
Peace Not Greed.
-
(weedguru)scarf
- Ganja God

- Posts: 5762
- Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:50 pm
- Contact:
-
Purplera1n
- Casual toker

- Posts: 97
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:45 am
- Location: In the Ashtray.
- Contact:
Re: Use Less Smoke More?
Thank god i'm not going crazy then, because my logic was saying "you shouldnt be as high as this atall" and then my head was saying "you're fucking baked man" lol.
The only thing that seemed to suffer, was the taste. It didn't taste as 'weedy' but still tasty. But god the same bloody high.
The only thing that seemed to suffer, was the taste. It didn't taste as 'weedy' but still tasty. But god the same bloody high.
-
WeedGuru_Flow
- Red Eye Jedi
- Posts: 8722
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
- Location: Belgium
- Contact:
Re: Use Less Smoke More?
I've been doing that from day one, my buddies always rolled at least a gram and a half into one joint, but I found that using less gets me the same high.
So rather than wasting weed in fat joints I make a mix that consists of less weed and a bit more tobacco but renders me as high, and it keeps me from smoking a ten bag in one night!
I've been promoting this sort of smoking for years, but all I get is 'yuck, tobacco' :p
So rather than wasting weed in fat joints I make a mix that consists of less weed and a bit more tobacco but renders me as high, and it keeps me from smoking a ten bag in one night!
I've been promoting this sort of smoking for years, but all I get is 'yuck, tobacco' :p
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
-
Weedguru_Fire_Inside
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 3686
- Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 pm
- Location: England
- Contact:
Re: Use Less Smoke More?
i never used to smoke with tobacco at all, but for the last few years i've been mixing. It doesn't taste anywhere near as bad as i expected it to. the only problem is the amount of carcinogens.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.
-
WeedGuru_Flow
- Red Eye Jedi
- Posts: 8722
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
- Location: Belgium
- Contact:
Re: Use Less Smoke More?
Yeah but the best thing to do is simply not think about the free radicals and enjoy it. They did a study and found out that most centenarians smoked all their life,didn't exercise or watched what they ate.Weedguru_Fire_Inside wrote:i never used to smoke with tobacco at all, but for the last few years i've been mixing. It doesn't taste anywhere near as bad as i expected it to. the only problem is the amount of carcinogens.
So with that in mind I believe I am well on my way to becoming two hundred years old!
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
-
blackxs
- Herbal Assassin

- Posts: 648
- Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:36 pm
- Contact:
Re: Use Less Smoke More?
Interesting, got a link? I dont doubt it at all - I believe you. Only some people are at ANY risk for lung cancer at all, some never get it. Some people dont need to exercise or watch what they eat. Im in the latter group for now, when I get older that may change. Interested in reading the article though if you can find itWeedGuru_Flow wrote:They did a study and found out that most centenarians smoked all their life,didn't exercise or watched what they ate.
So with that in mind I believe I am well on my way to becoming two hundred years old!![]()
If you agree with the above post, please decrease my karma
-
pudd1818
- Casual toker

- Posts: 50
- Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:28 am
- Contact:
Re: Use Less Smoke More?
I have found the same thing, instead of rolling a big J, I normally roll 2-3 smaller ones with the same amount of pot. I get just as high, I find the high doesn't always last as long with one J, but I still have 2 others that I can smoke later.
-
WeedGuru_Flow
- Red Eye Jedi
- Posts: 8722
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
- Location: Belgium
- Contact:
Re: Use Less Smoke More?
I read the article in a scientific magazine, so the exact source is hard to come by.blackxs wrote:Interesting, got a link? I dont doubt it at all - I believe you. Only some people are at ANY risk for lung cancer at all, some never get it. Some people dont need to exercise or watch what they eat. Im in the latter group for now, when I get older that may change. Interested in reading the article though if you can find itWeedGuru_Flow wrote:They did a study and found out that most centenarians smoked all their life,didn't exercise or watched what they ate.
So with that in mind I believe I am well on my way to becoming two hundred years old!![]()
But :
http://www.bumc.bu.edu/centenarian/overview/
Though in that study they said history of smoking heavily is rare, though in the article they said that there isn't a direct link between living long and not smoking, as in the article they said that the centenarians in their subject group weren't people that lived particularly healhty.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users