If shit hits the fan...
Moderator: Moderators
-
Weedguru_Falkon
- King of Kannabis, God of Ganja
- Posts: 1690
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:59 am
- Location: Stoned Soliloquy
- Contact:
If shit hits the fan...
How prepared are you? If you need to survive in the wild, can you? Do you have the supplies, know-how and knowledge? What about arms? Do you have a gun, can you operate it proficiently, take it apart?
What would you do?
Could you trust random strangers? The might seem nice enough at first, but in the end, theyre trying to survive just like you, and may do the same things/more extreme things to you that you may do to others.
Should you form groups or go it alone with the few people you're close to?
I have a .22 cal pistol with 2 magazines and a few hundred rounds of ammo... nothing to write home about. I'll have a much more powerful rifle in my possession in 2 weeks or so (the one I posted in WG weapons.).
My parents have plenty of outdoors survival equipment, but if i wanted/needed any of it, theyre a half hour drive away..
Lived in a harsh mountain climate for all my life, so I'm somewhat familiar with surviving in the forest, knowing how to live in the winter, etc.
you?
What would you do?
Could you trust random strangers? The might seem nice enough at first, but in the end, theyre trying to survive just like you, and may do the same things/more extreme things to you that you may do to others.
Should you form groups or go it alone with the few people you're close to?
I have a .22 cal pistol with 2 magazines and a few hundred rounds of ammo... nothing to write home about. I'll have a much more powerful rifle in my possession in 2 weeks or so (the one I posted in WG weapons.).
My parents have plenty of outdoors survival equipment, but if i wanted/needed any of it, theyre a half hour drive away..
Lived in a harsh mountain climate for all my life, so I'm somewhat familiar with surviving in the forest, knowing how to live in the winter, etc.
you?
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.
-
andriaSRH
- s†☼nër bi†ch

- Posts: 6299
- Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
- Location: welcome to the midwest
- Contact:
Re: If shit hits the fan...
If I tried to survive in the wild on my own I'd probably make it a couple days but then get eaten by a mountain lion. I watch those survivor shows sometimes, so I have a small amount of knowledge on the subject.
I don't have a gun, but I do have a katana, kitchen knives and a baseball bat that I am very fond of.
I trust no one besides my friends.
There are a couple people I would join up with to survive, because I know they know alot of survival. So I think I'd be good.
I don't have a gun, but I do have a katana, kitchen knives and a baseball bat that I am very fond of.
I trust no one besides my friends.
There are a couple people I would join up with to survive, because I know they know alot of survival. So I think I'd be good.
-
Bubbles
- The Green Bastard

- Posts: 4357
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: If shit hits the fan...
if SHTF im going to the valley i posted up in "your area" because it has everything required to survive, and im slowly becoming much more familiar with the area, i know how to grow a garden, i know how to set a few traps (albeit not very well yet), im more than capable of building a sturdy shelter and starting a fire, i know several herbs, and wild vegetables/fruit/berries, i know how to use, and am a good shot with firearms however i do not know how to take care of them properly.
what i lack is the equipment to make it all easier.
what i lack is the equipment to make it all easier.

-
(weedguru)scarf
- Ganja God

- Posts: 5762
- Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:50 pm
- Contact:
Re: If shit hits the fan...
nope... i live in the burbs...
i would roll up... sit back... play some ps3 and wait for the world to end
i would be happy doing it too
i would roll up... sit back... play some ps3 and wait for the world to end
i would be happy doing it too
woah
-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
-
SpRi7e
- Ganja God

- Posts: 5208
- Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
- Contact:
Re: If shit hits the fan...
I'm very athletic and pretty smart on survival things so I think I'd be pretty good.. plus I live in bumblefuck where I can find at least 20 different people with a heavy artillery of guns
Peace Not Greed.
-
WeedGuru_Flow
- Red Eye Jedi
- Posts: 8722
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
- Location: Belgium
- Contact:
Re: If shit hits the fan...
(weedguru)scarf wrote:nope... i live in the burbs...
i would roll up... sit back... play some ps3 and wait for the world to end
i would be happy doing it too
Something like that.
i'd probably just get together with all my friends, stock up on supplies and weed, then ride it out.
Oh, and the easiest thing to use in the world is most likely a gun.
I mean, if Americans are so great with them, I'll definitely be :p
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
-
Weedguru_Falkon
- King of Kannabis, God of Ganja
- Posts: 1690
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:59 am
- Location: Stoned Soliloquy
- Contact:
Re: If shit hits the fan...
If you think you'll be able to just pick one up and nail any point on your target that you want to on your first try... You're gonna be dead.
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.
-
Gorecore
- Weedguru Grampy

- Posts: 4115
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:33 pm
- Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
- Contact:
Re: If shit hits the fan...
But surely if you can roxxorz teh boxxorz off people in Halo or COD, you could head shot people all day long with your AK-47, right? 

-
WeedGuru_Flow
- Red Eye Jedi
- Posts: 8722
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
- Location: Belgium
- Contact:
Re: If shit hits the fan...
Lol, I can't believe you're actually being pompous about being able to shoot a gun Falkon, it's really nothing to be proud of you know.
Oh right, gun culture...
No seriously, picking up a rifle and using it is not that hard, they're designed to be used by soldiers, you know,mindless drones?
I mean, i'm not saying I'd be a dead eye shot straight off the bat, I'd have to get used to recoil but hell, you don't need a phd. to fire a gun.
And you don't have to be smug about owning them either :')
And Gore, you point the gun where you want to shoot, you press the trigger, you repeat.
Man, if I'm ever in the US one of you gun wielders should take me to a range, I bet I'll be a marksman in under an hour!
Oh right, gun culture...
No seriously, picking up a rifle and using it is not that hard, they're designed to be used by soldiers, you know,mindless drones?
I mean, i'm not saying I'd be a dead eye shot straight off the bat, I'd have to get used to recoil but hell, you don't need a phd. to fire a gun.
And you don't have to be smug about owning them either :')
And Gore, you point the gun where you want to shoot, you press the trigger, you repeat.
Man, if I'm ever in the US one of you gun wielders should take me to a range, I bet I'll be a marksman in under an hour!
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
-
SpRi7e
- Ganja God

- Posts: 5208
- Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
- Contact:
Re: If shit hits the fan...
actually, no.. you probably won't flow.. I've shot a gun a good few times and I know people that shoot guns ALL the time. It's not NEARLY as easy to hit a target as you think
ps. playing FPS games makes you no better at shooting a real gun
ps. playing FPS games makes you no better at shooting a real gun
Peace Not Greed.
-
WeedGuru_Flow
- Red Eye Jedi
- Posts: 8722
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
- Location: Belgium
- Contact:
Re: If shit hits the fan...
SpRi7e wrote:actually, no.. you probably won't flow.. I've shot a gun a good few times and I know people that shoot guns ALL the time. It's not NEARLY as easy to hit a target as you think![]()
ps. playing FPS games makes you no better at shooting a real gun
And when the hell did I insinuate that it does?
And who the fuck is talking about hitting targets? We're talking about shooting guns, which is stupid, anyone that's actually proud he has a gun/knows how to use one is ... well, a gunwielding madman!
Fucking hell man, next to the recoil there isn't much you have to keep in mind while shooting a rifle, we're not talking about shooting targets that are a mile away, the only thing you do is aim, squeeze the trigger and bang, you shot a gun...
Any retard knows that the further away a target is the higher you aim, only it doesn't really matter that much over short distances.
Where did I ever say I could pick a gun off the ground and hit the first thing I try to shoot? All I ever said is that using guns isn't hard :')
Hahaha, man talking about shooting a gun as if it was the same as flying a plane
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
-
Bubbles
- The Green Bastard

- Posts: 4357
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
-
AbbyRoad
- Ganja God

- Posts: 4340
- Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:09 am
- Location: Sarnia
- Contact:
-
Weedguru_Falkon
- King of Kannabis, God of Ganja
- Posts: 1690
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:59 am
- Location: Stoned Soliloquy
- Contact:
Re: If shit hits the fan...
Being angry at a nation for some stupid shit they do all around the world is one thing, but ranting about every person in that country, and assuming you're as good or better than them at anything and everything you do is unbecoming.
Sure, rifles are a lot easier to aim than a pistol, and if you have a properly aimed Red Dot or Laser sight, you'll be damn accurate to 200 yards/meters or so, but seriously, it's not as easy to get a tight grouping as you'd think.
Having a gun does not make me "smug" or "pompous" about it; I'm not sure where you draw that conclusion? I have probably shot 1200+ rounds in my pistol since buying it a few months back, and i still can't aim as well as I'd like to. (probably doesn't help that I tinkered with the sights and didn't dial them in correctly. bah)
Fuck the military, yes, but soldiers aren't always bitches. Many times they can be, but there are numerous motives for them joining the army. Yes, i've seen some people who had great personalities go off to the army and come back stonewalled, and yes part of thats the military rigor itself, but don't you think coming close to dying and seeing your friends dying all day for months at a time would do that to you?
Beyond that, you don't just jump into the military and instantly get a rifle and are proficient with it. You do drills with your rifle just like you do while running through an obstacle course. you learn that fucker inside and out. You put it together blindfolded. You fire thousands and thousands of rounds to practice before you get shipped out.
So no, mindless drones won't operate a gun proficiently, no, it's not "the easiest thing in the world to do," and assuming you can do it "within an hour" is just as assanine assumption as all Americans being gun craving idiots.
PS, simply aiming X amount up for farther distances to get the perfect shot is not necessarily the only thing you do to compensate. You also have to adjust for wind, which is, at farther distances, like trying to get the perfect picture of that one leaf on a tree thats blowing in the wind.
Sure, rifles are a lot easier to aim than a pistol, and if you have a properly aimed Red Dot or Laser sight, you'll be damn accurate to 200 yards/meters or so, but seriously, it's not as easy to get a tight grouping as you'd think.
Having a gun does not make me "smug" or "pompous" about it; I'm not sure where you draw that conclusion? I have probably shot 1200+ rounds in my pistol since buying it a few months back, and i still can't aim as well as I'd like to. (probably doesn't help that I tinkered with the sights and didn't dial them in correctly. bah)
Fuck the military, yes, but soldiers aren't always bitches. Many times they can be, but there are numerous motives for them joining the army. Yes, i've seen some people who had great personalities go off to the army and come back stonewalled, and yes part of thats the military rigor itself, but don't you think coming close to dying and seeing your friends dying all day for months at a time would do that to you?
Beyond that, you don't just jump into the military and instantly get a rifle and are proficient with it. You do drills with your rifle just like you do while running through an obstacle course. you learn that fucker inside and out. You put it together blindfolded. You fire thousands and thousands of rounds to practice before you get shipped out.
So no, mindless drones won't operate a gun proficiently, no, it's not "the easiest thing in the world to do," and assuming you can do it "within an hour" is just as assanine assumption as all Americans being gun craving idiots.
PS, simply aiming X amount up for farther distances to get the perfect shot is not necessarily the only thing you do to compensate. You also have to adjust for wind, which is, at farther distances, like trying to get the perfect picture of that one leaf on a tree thats blowing in the wind.
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users

