HELP....LEAVES DROOPING AND WILTING.
Moderator: Moderators
-
POTSMURF
- Bonghead

- Posts: 140
- Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 am
- Location: "CALI"
- Contact:
HELP....LEAVES DROOPING AND WILTING.
This plant is in the 8th week flowering and it started doing this. It didn't start on the top or bottom. It started everywhere at the same time...the wilting that is. I am at a loss to what it could be. I need a pro's advice please. NO AMATEUR TIPS PLEASE. THIS IS AN EMERGENCY. This is my first plant and I have around 3 months time into this. Pics attached. Even the cola bud leaves are starting to turn up. I'm freakin' out man.
- Attachments
-
- hope 012.jpg (142.19 KiB) Viewed 5617 times
-
- hope 015.jpg (140.74 KiB) Viewed 5617 times
-
- hope 009.jpg (145.66 KiB) Viewed 5617 times

-
Bubbles
- The Green Bastard

- Posts: 4357
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: HELP....LEAVES DROOPING AND WILTING.
Overwatering or under watering most likely...
Could you get a picture of the pot they are in and the soil please?
how much do you water them and how often?
Could you get a picture of the pot they are in and the soil please?
how much do you water them and how often?

-
POTSMURF
- Bonghead

- Posts: 140
- Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 am
- Location: "CALI"
- Contact:
Re: HELP....LEAVES DROOPING AND WILTING.
I do believe it is overwatering too. I gave it a little bit too much water the last time I watered it. I have holes in the bottom of my pot though so I figured it would leak out the bottom if I gave it too much water. Is there anything I can do to fix it or is it too late??? PLEASE TELL ME IT WILL STILL MAKE IT.

-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: HELP....LEAVES DROOPING AND WILTING.
Just don't water it for however long it needs to dry out..
Water it until water comes out the bottom and then don't water it again for 2 or 3 days, however long it needs to dry out. Marijuana roots don't like to live in constantly soggy soil, the roots eventually rot and it can be fatal for your plants. You never want to water marijuana everyday
Water it until water comes out the bottom and then don't water it again for 2 or 3 days, however long it needs to dry out. Marijuana roots don't like to live in constantly soggy soil, the roots eventually rot and it can be fatal for your plants. You never want to water marijuana everyday

-
POTSMURF
- Bonghead

- Posts: 140
- Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 am
- Location: "CALI"
- Contact:
Re: HELP....LEAVES DROOPING AND WILTING.
I don't water it everyday. I usually check the soil by sticking my finger in it about 2 or 3 inches deep to see if it is dry and then water it. So you said don't water it until it dries out, right??

-
POTSMURF
- Bonghead

- Posts: 140
- Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 am
- Location: "CALI"
- Contact:
Re: HELP....LEAVES DROOPING AND WILTING.
Do you have any idea why the pistils on the cola bud aren't turning as fast as the other buds???

-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: HELP....LEAVES DROOPING AND WILTING.
Read this for some watering tips
http://www.weedguru.com/forum/viewtopic ... 88&t=26728
The pistils aren't anything to worry about imo
http://www.weedguru.com/forum/viewtopic ... 88&t=26728
The pistils aren't anything to worry about imo

-
POTSMURF
- Bonghead

- Posts: 140
- Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 am
- Location: "CALI"
- Contact:
Re: HELP....LEAVES DROOPING AND WILTING.
IMO my plant looks underwatered....that is from looking at the watering tips you sent me. My leaves aren't turning yellow, they are drooping. My soil feels moist though so I don't know what to think. More help please.....I'm kind of a retard when it comes to instructions.

-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: HELP....LEAVES DROOPING AND WILTING.
Well it's hard to say without seeing them...
It could very well be underwatered also
Do your pots feel heavy or light when you lift them?
Can you post a pic of the soil as it looks now?
It could very well be underwatered also
Do your pots feel heavy or light when you lift them?
Can you post a pic of the soil as it looks now?

-
POTSMURF
- Bonghead

- Posts: 140
- Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 am
- Location: "CALI"
- Contact:
Re: HELP....LEAVES DROOPING AND WILTING.
It's lights out right now but when the lights come on tonight I will post a pic of the soil for you. The soil is moist though so I don't think it is underwatered. That's why I'm so confused. I just hope it makes it through all this. Talk to ya later tonight.

-
SpRi7e
- Ganja God

- Posts: 5208
- Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
- Contact:
Re: HELP....LEAVES DROOPING AND WILTING.
I'm thinking the bottom of your soil is staying soggy. What's all in your soil and when was the last time you transplanted your plant? If it's a big pot, then 2-3 inches might not be enough to check. Pot plants like to kind of go close to bone dry for a little bit and then a good watering. They don't like to be constantly watered little amounts too if that's what you're doing. Also What nutrients are you feeding it?
Peace Not Greed.
-
POTSMURF
- Bonghead

- Posts: 140
- Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 am
- Location: "CALI"
- Contact:
Re: HELP....LEAVES DROOPING AND WILTING.
To be quite honest....that plant has went from a little sprout all the way to where it is at now in the same 5 gallon bucket. Well except for the first 2 or 3 weeks I had it in a peat pot that flowers come in from lowes. Other than that it has been in the same pot. Should I transplant it into some new soil??? I have a new problem now. This morning the power went out for a few hours and my lights went off so my plant only got around 9 or 10 hours of light instead of the 12 it usually gets. Is this gonna cause problems for my baby???? I was going to start giving my plant an hour more of darkness each day so it would mature faster since I'm having all these problems. I just want to save what I have before it is all ruined. What is your opinion on all this crap??? I need serious advice here buddy. I am scared for my plant and my health. THANKS, POTSMURF
P.S. Dyna-gro bloom nutes since 12/12 started. Plant is about 9 weeks flowering now.
P.S. Dyna-gro bloom nutes since 12/12 started. Plant is about 9 weeks flowering now.

-
Gorecore
- Weedguru Grampy

- Posts: 4115
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:33 pm
- Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
- Contact:
Re: HELP....LEAVES DROOPING AND WILTING.
I'm no marijuana growing expert. I can't see how losing 3 hours of lighting once will affect the plant any. Weed grows outdoors and you can't control the sunlight, so if a cloudy day or two happens, it doesn't affect the plants much.

-
HUSTLEAN
- I'm on the banned list
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:49 am
Re: HELP....LEAVES DROOPING AND WILTING.
It doesnt go dark on cloudy days, plants can still use the sunlight filtered through clouds, in fact, the suns rays on a cloudy day are still more powerful than any 1000w bulb. I learnt this lesson the hard way my first year growing outdoors, i moved my plants from indoors straight into their holes outside - with no hardening off period. Even though it was pure overcast my first week in the ground, all my plants got SCORCHED and were stunted for weeks. With my next round of plants that were going out, i hardened them off by putting them in some tall foliage in a spot where they would only receive direct sun in the mornings . After a week i put them in their permanent homes in full daylight, it got clear and sunny, and not one of these plants were burnt in the slightest.
Back on topic, I don't think the 3 hour blip in your light period will have any noticeable effects.
Is your plant just under a shop fluorescent? Im under the impression these plants do much better with red spectrum light in flowering...
I wouldnt say your plant is doing too bad, nothing worth freaking out over. It looks like most plants ive seen flowered under fluoro's in large pots, they tend
to stall out in the later weeks of flowering when they arent getting blasted with lumens and cant keep up with the waterings.
How many weeks is that strain supposed to take to finish?
Back on topic, I don't think the 3 hour blip in your light period will have any noticeable effects.
Is your plant just under a shop fluorescent? Im under the impression these plants do much better with red spectrum light in flowering...
I wouldnt say your plant is doing too bad, nothing worth freaking out over. It looks like most plants ive seen flowered under fluoro's in large pots, they tend
to stall out in the later weeks of flowering when they arent getting blasted with lumens and cant keep up with the waterings.
How many weeks is that strain supposed to take to finish?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users
