How long do
Moderator: Moderators
-
wgToonces
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2777
- Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 8:57 am
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland
- Contact:
How long do
...autoflowering seeds last?
I won them around a year ago in the WG lotto but haven't had a chance to do anything with them. Just wondering if they will still be growable.
If Animal reads this could you check exactly how long ago the lotto was held. I think I won the second round.
I won them around a year ago in the WG lotto but haven't had a chance to do anything with them. Just wondering if they will still be growable.
If Animal reads this could you check exactly how long ago the lotto was held. I think I won the second round.
:scratchs:
-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: How long do
autoflowering seeds are gonna be the same as any other seed as far as I know. I seed is a seed I'm pretty sure...
How long they last depends how they are being stored. Read here for some info on that
http://www.weedguru.com/forum/viewtopic ... 68&t=26706
I just realized though that that guide has no mention of how long they can potentially last under ideal conditions. I really don't know either so I'll have to go do some research and get back to you
I'm pretty sure we're talking atleast several years though....I just gotta find some info to confirm that
How long they last depends how they are being stored. Read here for some info on that
http://www.weedguru.com/forum/viewtopic ... 68&t=26706
I just realized though that that guide has no mention of how long they can potentially last under ideal conditions. I really don't know either so I'll have to go do some research and get back to you
I'm pretty sure we're talking atleast several years though....I just gotta find some info to confirm that

-
Bubbles
- The Green Bastard

- Posts: 4357
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: How long do
fuck i know this one but i cannot for the life of me remember.
you can save them for a real long time i know that, aslong as you dont destroy them.
you can save them for a real long time i know that, aslong as you dont destroy them.

-
wgToonces
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2777
- Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 8:57 am
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland
- Contact:
Re: How long do
Shit, yeah sorry I should've mentioned then that they've been stored in a cool and dry drawer, sealed within the baggie which is still wrapped in the bubble wrap it first came in.
:scratchs:
-
Bubbles
- The Green Bastard

- Posts: 4357
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: How long do
fuck itll stay good for ever if its properly stored. and im entirely serious about that.Toonces wrote:Shit, yeah sorry I should've mentioned then that they've been stored in a cool and dry drawer, sealed within the baggie which is still wrapped in the bubble wrap it first came in.

-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: How long do
These folks http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/mjgrow9b.htm say this
"Marijuana seeds will usually remain viable for about 2 years after they are produced by a female plant. Under ideal conditions, some seeds will last for up to about 5 years. To keep them viable for as long as possible, store them in an area that is cool, dark, and dry until they are ready to be germinated."
But I'm pretty sure that inacurate info....hold on let me go look more
"Marijuana seeds will usually remain viable for about 2 years after they are produced by a female plant. Under ideal conditions, some seeds will last for up to about 5 years. To keep them viable for as long as possible, store them in an area that is cool, dark, and dry until they are ready to be germinated."
But I'm pretty sure that inacurate info....hold on let me go look more

-
Bubbles
- The Green Bastard

- Posts: 4357
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: How long do
i figure under ideal conditions they would last a LONG time. i mean theyve found viable seeds that are like from back when the middle east wasnt a dead area and was lush.Weedguru Higher wrote:These folks http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/mjgrow9b.htm say this
"Marijuana seeds will usually remain viable for about 2 years after they are produced by a female plant. Under ideal conditions, some seeds will last for up to about 5 years. To keep them viable for as long as possible, store them in an area that is cool, dark, and dry until they are ready to be germinated."
But I'm pretty sure that inacurate info....hold on let me go look more

-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
-
skunkskool
- Casual toker

- Posts: 6
- Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 7:50 am
- Contact:
Re: How long do
12 months to 2 years if stored in a cool, dark place. I wouldn't expect seeds to be good after that.
freeze them and they could probably last forever. Nobody has ever done it long enough to find out that i know of. I've frozen seeds myself for a couple years no problem.
freeze them and they could probably last forever. Nobody has ever done it long enough to find out that i know of. I've frozen seeds myself for a couple years no problem.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users