THIS IS FUCKED UP

Have any news that needs publishing, or want to comment on a current article? Post here

Moderator: Moderators

xNubletx
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 329
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 3:37 am
Contact:

THIS IS FUCKED UP

Post by xNubletx »

Wow, when people use old data and make a new web page, a;lky6j;4l323q2462357yasdf;layku8;4l3jk!!!%@$#^#%

http://www.well.com/user/woa/fspot.htm

Scroll to the bottom to find the date the data is from.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/IceGamer/liverasta.png[/img]
Rory
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:21 am
Location: Toronto, Canada.
Contact:

Post by Rory »

laaaaaaaaaame

luckily nobody with any brains pays attention to this swill.
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

I sent him this mail, if he replies i'll post it here


Mister "Ahomer"



First of all I'd like to start off by telling you I am not an American citizen, therefore I do not share your 'beliefs', I am not a weak minded american drone indoctrinated by Christian (or any other religions by the way) norms and values.

So don't try to pull any 'It's against 'God's' will' mumbo jumbo on me.

I was surprized to see that someone who owns a Phd can be so narrow minded and so dogmatic about a plant that, as every person with some form of common sense, that causes no harm if used wisely.

"a crude drug made from the plant Cannabis sativa."



Crude?

Made from?


You're supposedly an 'educated' man and you don't know that the drug isn't 'made from' but made BY the plant, it's something that grows naturally, ofcourse many growers up the potential of their plants by giving them extra nutrition and having them grow up under special lamps etc. Don't try to scare off people by twisting the truth, this is the first thing that made you loose credibility.


"Studies of marijuana's mental effects show that the drug can impair or reduce short-term memory, alter sense of time, and reduce ability to do things which require concentration, swift reactions, and coordination, such as driving a car or operating machinery."



Yes, if one smokes cannabis daily for a prolonged period (read at least 5-10 years) and by smoking daily I mean smoking more than 8 joints every day, he/she can start getting short-term memory problems, though losing sense of time is something I've never heard of before (and yes, there have been many REAL researches that concluded just the same thing, you get short term memory problems, you increase your chance of Alzheimer and Schizophrenia IF YOU SMOKE WAY TOO MUCH FOR MANY YEARS IN A ROW).


I recently read an article, a scientific one, in which they tested the 'safety' of drivers.

The one that smoked a regular dose (so one joint) before he started the test got the best results, and I can concur this myself, when I drive under the influence of marijuana I'm extra carefull not to go over the speed limit, i'm more aware of my surroundings, of people on bikes, on the pavement, of other cars. So what you're telling the ignorant little American people from your locale is bull excrement, you lost credibility again.





I hope you aren't too cocky and stop reading now, 'cause this is getting more and more interesting.



"A common bad reaction to marijuana is the "acute panic anxiety reaction." People describe this reaction as an extreme fear of "losing control," which causes panic. The symptoms usually disappear in a few hours."



Common?

Come on man, quit twisting facts here, SOME people experience anxiety attacks, and they last for 10-20 minutes.
I've never ever (i've been smoking for 5 years now) had this experience myself, nor did any of my friends (and believe me, I have A LOT of stoner friends) so if you'd have said "Some people might experience anxiety attacks, at random, not every single time" that would've been acceptable, you're just blatantly lying.

You lost some more credibility.



"Long-term regular users of marijuana may become psychologically dependent. They may have a hard time limiting their use, they may need more of the drug to get the same effect, and they may develop problems with their jobs and personal relationships. The drug can become the most important aspect of their lives."



Hey this is the first true thing I've read so far, good job, you gained some credibility.

"One major concern about marijuana is its possible effects on young people as they grow up. Research shows that the earlier people start using drugs, the more likely they are to go on to experiment with other drugs. In addition, when young people start using marijuana regularly, they often lose interest and are not motivated to do their schoolwork. The effects of marijuana can interfere with learning by impairing thinking, reading comprehension, and verbal and mathematical skills. Research shows that students do not remember what they have learned when they are "high"."





When a child starts smoking marijuana at a young age, before it's brain is fully developed it might indeed impair on the child's 'normal' growth, some regions might not fully develop causing them to have concentration problems and so on.

The stepstone theory is bull excrement, it's been proven a while ago, get over it.

"Driving experiments show that marijuana affects a wide range of skills needed for safe driving -- thinking and reflexes are slowed, making it hard for drivers to respond to sudden, unexpected events. Also, a driver's ability to "track" (stay in lane) through curves, to brake quickly, and to maintain speed and the proper distance between cars is affected. Research shows that these skills are impaired for at least 4-6 hours after smoking a single marijuana cigarette, long after the "high" is gone. If a person drinks alcohol, along with using marijuana, the risk of an accident greatly increases. Marijuana presents a definite danger on the road."



Show me some physical proof of those experiments, if you read back a few paragraphs you know what the truth is.

I've been driving stoned a lot, and when I drive stoned my senses are sharpened, and I'm more aware of my surroundings, and i've never drifter from lanes EVER. you lost credibility.



Drinking and smoking doesn't mix too well (for driving) so yeah, thats true.

"Some research studies suggest that the use of marijuana during pregnancy may result in premature babies and in low birth weights. Studies of men and women may have a temporary loss of fertility. These findings suggest that marijuana may be especially harmful during adolescence, a period of rapid physical and sexual development."



I've read about that so I think you're telling the truth here, good job!



Though I started smoking during adolescence, and had myself tested a while ago, my boys are A okay!



"Scientists believe that marijuana can be especially harmful to the lungs because users often inhale the unfiltered smoke deeply and hold it in their lungs as long as possible. Therefore, the smoke is in contact with lung tissues for long periods of time, which irritates the lungs and damages the way they work. Marijuana smoke contains some of the same ingredients in tobacco smoke that can cause emphysema and cancer. In addition, many marijuana users also smoke cigarettes; the combined effects of smoking these two substances creates an increased health risk."



Sure, any form of smoke inhaled can't be 100% good for the lungs, I'll give you that.



"Marijuana smoke has been found to contain more cancer-causing agents than is found in tobacco smoke. Examination of human lung tissue that had been exposed to marijuana smoke over a long period of time in a laboratory showed cellular changes called metaplasia that are considered precancerous. In laboratory test, the tars from marijuana smoke have produced tumors when applied to animal skin. These studies suggest that it is likely that marijuana may cause cancer if used for a number of years."



Then the doctor's should've warned me, I had a full medical survey a while ago and everything was okay, they didn't even ask me if I smoked (now I only smoke cannabis cigarettes) so I'll give you the advantage of doubt on this one.

"Many young people are introduced to marijuana by their peers - usually acquaintances, friends, sisters, and brothers. People often try drugs such as marijuana because they feel pressured by peers to be part of the group. Children must be taught how to say no to peer pressure to try drugs. Parents can get involved by becoming informed about marijuana and by talking to their children about drug use."



Sure, the weak kids start doing it 'cause they want to feel accepted, but that's their problem isn't it? Weak of mind... Just like the people you're trying to scare away (well the people on which this crap of yours actually works)



Myself, I had a buddy that smoked it, one day I just asked him for a puff... no peer preasure involved here huh? MY OWN FREE WILL PERHAPS?





The last two points, they're probably true, I've never burnt out before though.


So, mister phd, I hope you took the time to read this through, and take the time to give me a well formulated answer.


It strikes me that, because of one narrow-minded, dogmatic, money hungry American the rest of the world sees Cannabis as something evil, you my friend are just another one of the billions of indoctrinated people that follow the mass like a mindless sheep... It saddens me.


Oh, and since you probably are a religious man I have a fitting quote for you:





"God made pot, man made beer, who do you trust?" (pot = marijuana by the way)





Sincerely yours





Nick Dhondt





Belgium.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
BlazedAndConfused
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by BlazedAndConfused »

yeah umm that was actually pretty accurate. it is crude cause u dint do much to it bfore smoking it and u do have to kinda make it or prepare it.

and yeah my reaction does slow down when im high and a.d.d. takes hold

acute panic anxiety reaction is just when u start to bug out and dont wanna be high anymore. happens to me sometimes.

and dont try and tell me a baby that smokes pot wont be fucked up.

i know tons of people who suck at driving high.

peer pressure isnt always "dude hit this u bitch", its just thinkin that u might lose some creds if u dont smoke.

u gottsta chill man, and dont freak out at me 4 defendin him. i just thought ur argument was one-sided. besides, who gives a fuck what he says.
I LOVE WEED!!!
I Don't Take Drugs. I Am Drugs.
xNubletx
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 329
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 3:37 am
Contact:

Post by xNubletx »

Well it's one sided due to the fact that he is on the CORRECT side. Just my highly informed (researched) opinion.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/IceGamer/liverasta.png[/img]
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

xNubletx wrote:Well it's one sided due to the fact that he is on the CORRECT side. Just my highly informed (researched) opinion.
Fuck that man, he's from some low research facility in Missouri :lol:
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
sickkid90
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 754
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:50 am
Contact:

Post by sickkid90 »

i kinda agree with Flow on this one... cuz like ya... this guy is sumwhat feeding bullshit to the masses... but ya as for the peer pressure thing guess... i had no peer presure at all on me... i actually had to look for a person who smoked when i first had the "wantings" to try it cuz i did sum reaserch on it by myself sooo... ya
I don't breath unless its weed.

[img]http://kucinich.us/files/images/kucinich_2008.jpg[/img]
Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2687
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:12 am
Contact:

Post by Ikku »

I don't know what exactly defines "peer pressure" or if in most cases it's even that bad. I started smoking because I knew a lot of people that did and I would always hear about it, it sounded like fun. Is that peer pressure?
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.
SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5208
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
Contact:

Post by SpRi7e »

peer pressure in my opinion is when people try to get you to do something or they'll outcast you from them or won't make you as acceptable, but the dictionary says - social pressure on somebody to adopt a type of behavior, dress, or attitude in order to be accepted as part of a group
Peace Not Greed.
Stash*
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:04 am
Location: 813
Contact:

Post by Stash* »

Can marijuana cause cancer?
Marijuana smoke has been found to contain more cancer-causing agents than is found in tobacco smoke.

This guy is pretty much telling people that smoking cigarettes is safer then smoking weed.
'They both smoked pot, that's jive talk for marijuana.'
sickkid90
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 754
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:50 am
Contact:

Post by sickkid90 »

they havnt found cases of it actually being the cause of the cancer.. but it definatly hightens the chance of getting cnacer compare to a non pot smoker
I don't breath unless its weed.

[img]http://kucinich.us/files/images/kucinich_2008.jpg[/img]
User avatar
Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate
Posts: 8112
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
Contact:

Post by Dr. Greenthumb »

Flow, why so much hatred against American culture? I know you don't hate all of us but every other post you make is about how ignorant Americans are, which is in itself a very narrow minded perspective.

I agree Americans can be loud when we're in big groups and yeah we have a fucked up government but we're not all bad and if you spent half as much energy as you do hating the US and put that towards learning something good about America you might be a lot less biased.
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

Dr. Greenthumb wrote:Flow, why so much hatred against American culture? I know you don't hate all of us but every other post you make is about how ignorant Americans are, which is in itself a very narrow minded perspective.

I agree Americans can be loud when we're in big groups and yeah we have a fucked up government but we're not all bad and if you spent half as much energy as you do hating the US and put that towards learning something good about America you might be a lot less biased.
Because America, it might be hard for Americans to conceive, is built on ignorance...

Every now and then we get this 'article' in which they interview Americans, just common Americans in random places and ask them questions about other countries, about America itself.

You wouldn't believe how stupid some of your countrymen/women are...

As I said before in another thread, my view on America has been shaped by your government, so don't blame me for thinking 'low' about America.

The day America stops thinking of itself as 'the best country in the world' will be the day I might change my view on it.

And yes, I might sound like a generalizing asshole, but I stated many a time that my feelings towards America aren't the feelings I have towards all Americans...

This is what I, and many other Europeans/people from outside America think :


"Why the hell does a country that barely knows anything about the rest of the world think it has the right to police us? Why does a country with the biggest joke for a leader think it's always right? Why the hell did 50% of it's countrymen/women vote for that asshole twice even though EVERYBODY knew it was the dumbest thing you could possibly do..."

Add the fact that your government doesn't even want to consider actually trying to help solve the pollution issue (come on they didn't even want to join kyoto) and keeps on being stubborn even though America (China too) is one of the biggest polluters on this ball of dirt doesn't help either.

Another big point is the fact that your government clearly thinks it's mighty enough to ignore the UN when it comes to Iraq and many other things, they just 'forgot' to ask the rest of the world if invading Iraq was something they could do.

Without Europe America wouldn't even have existed, and yes, in turn without America Europe would now be a fully germanized Nazi empire, so thanks a lot for that.

America just needs to take a look over the fence you know, and realize there's a lot of angry faces staring back.

So I apologize, these are my feelings towards your government and the vast amount of ignorant dumbo's walking around the good ol' US of A.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
Stash*
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:04 am
Location: 813
Contact:

Post by Stash* »

I'm an American and totally agree with you 100%.
'They both smoked pot, that's jive talk for marijuana.'
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

this is the movie i was on about

random americans asked about 9/11
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users