Got a question about my homemade bong

Bongs, pipes, fuckbukets, lungs, vaporizers, grinders etc....

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
stonedross
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:09 am
Contact:

Got a question about my homemade bong

Post by stonedross »

So I made one out of a 2 liter bottle ( my first one ) which is EXACTLY like the one on the main page of weedguru.com under "Make a Bong". So, when I hit it, I usually inhale a lot of smoke when I have my finger on the carb, but the chamber is completely full too. Does it mean my bong is made improperly if I'm inhaling smoke when I'm drawing it into the chamber, when I have my finger on the carb?
captainMorton
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1165
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:47 pm
Location: brampton on CANADA!!
Contact:

Post by captainMorton »

it means that the weed is still burning, and while you pull the smoke into your lungs, the bong is pulling more smoke in through the bowl, when it does that, and you cant breath in anymore, pass it to a buddy so you dnt waste any of that wonderfull smoke.
[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e387/Shortfingers/captainsigcopy.jpg[/img]
[i][b][size=150][color=green]Who am I to Judge who Struck you down?[/color][/size][/b][/i]
spidermanlovesmj
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 448
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:14 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by spidermanlovesmj »

yeh
normally the idea of the carb is to release it (take your finger off of it) when you inhale, so the smoke from the chamber goes into your lungs, and the chamber is refilled with oxygen through the carb.
then you put your finger back on and inhale again to fill it up once again
but yeah you can continue doing what youre doin
it just means the inhalations will be very slightly stronger/harsher, and ther'll constantly be smoke i nthe chamber
thats tottaly fine tho
Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2687
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:12 am
Contact:

Post by Ikku »

You're supposed to release the carb and keep inhaling until the chamber is clear. Usually when you release the carb it causes all the smoke in the chamber to rush into your lungs, which is why it's sometimes called a "rush hole." If you don't release the carb, you'll still inhale smoke, but you won't get a hit nearly as big as you will if you use the carb properly.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.
stonedross
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:09 am
Contact:

Post by stonedross »

Ikku wrote:You're supposed to release the carb and keep inhaling until the chamber is clear. Usually when you release the carb it causes all the smoke in the chamber to rush into your lungs, which is why it's sometimes called a "rush hole." If you don't release the carb, you'll still inhale smoke, but you won't get a hit nearly as big as you will if you use the carb properly.
The problem I have with that is that the chamber is only filled when i can't inhale anymore, so I leave my finger on the carb , exhale outside, put my lips back on and suck hard and release the carb, i'm not wasting smoke, just taking 2 smaller hits instead of 1 monster one. I would take a monster one but if I let go of the carb with enough suction left in me, there is not enough smoke in the chamber
BlazedAndConfused
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by BlazedAndConfused »

when u pull to fill the chamber, you dont need to pull very hard. just a slow, relaxed breath.
I Don't Take Drugs. I Am Drugs.
Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2687
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:12 am
Contact:

Post by Ikku »

I think the problem is you're using a 2 liter bottle, so that's a pretty big chamber. I suggest using a smaller bottle (like .5 liter) for a bong. A 2 liter is a bit tricky for an ordinary bong, I suggest using it to make a gravity bong.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.
SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5208
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
Contact:

Post by SpRi7e »

2 liters aren't really all that hard to hit, you just need to do what blazed and confused said and take the hit slowly and leave enough air in your lungs to suck in the rest of the smoke from the carb.
Peace Not Greed.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users