sing a different tune

Discuss poems from this section, or post one of your own here

Moderators: weedguru_animal, Moderators

Post Reply
weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6562
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: south
Contact:

sing a different tune

Post by weedguru_animal »

I was lost in a sea of self-hatred,
Drowning in tears of my own making,
Punishing myself so much for something from my past that can’t be changed,
That I was Causing the very foundations of my Spirit to be shaking…

But with the help of so many others,
I am now waking up and re-emerging,
Regaining love for who I am,
While my vitality is surging…

I had been treating myself like shit,
Encouraging the world around me to do the same,
That, I see so clearly now, is the sign of sick soul,
And it is time to play a different game…
To sing a different tune…
I am coming back to Planet Earth, cos it is too lonely and cold living on the dark side of the Moon…

…I am Speaking to so many people,
Getting back into the books,
Hopeful of a brighter future,
And of connecting with a lady who has more to her Existence than just gorgeous looks…
Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy
Posts: 4115
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:33 pm
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Post by Gorecore »

Sounds like true words spoken from someone who's been beaten, knocked down, and is now taking the time to brush himself off and stand tall and walk a different path.

Excellent poem. Lots of feeling. Thumbs way up, Animal.
Image
weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6562
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: south
Contact:

Post by weedguru_animal »

Cheers for taking time to red and comment, mate. The carnage in question is better expressed in the New Flames rhyme...But yeh, the more I write about my renewed positivity and standing tall as you put it, the more true it becomes. So It all helps me keep facing in the right direction, even though the temptation to keep turning round is still so instinctively strong...
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users