Don't drive

Share your 'not when stoned' activities with us here...

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Dank
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:16 am
Contact:

Don't drive

Post by Dank »

Just one of those theories so please bear with me :) :

Fact 1- MJ impairs short term memory, right? If only temporarily so.

Fact 2- Can you tell how much time passes by accurately while stoned?(with out looking at a clock of course) Probably not. One minute can seem like an hour.

This is because short term memory and discerning how much time has gone by are related, which leads to:

Fact 3- Telling time is dependant on short term memory.

So, if your short term memory is shot because your high, you can't tell time, so how can you judge the speed of an object, for example a car moving towards you? Remeber that speed is distance traveled over time, or: s=d/t.

You CAN tell the distance of a car moving toward you, but you CAN'T calculate at what rate the car is closing in on you, that is the distance it covered in a certain period of time. The speed of the car.

Will it take a second to hit you, or five, or ten?? You can't say because you cant tell 1 second from 5 or 10.

So, in conclusion stoned people tend have a really hard time judging the speed of moving objects. Stay in a real slow moving environment while smoking, and stay away from cars.

Subject open for debate 8)
Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2687
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:12 am
Contact:

Post by Ikku »

I drive high a lot, it's not that bad. It fucks up your depth perception and your sense of time as you mentioned, I notice that driving down my street seems to take forever. It's all about keeping focused, if you can keep your head in the game and not in the music (which you are undoubtedly listening to if you're blazed) it's all cool. If you're fucked up to the point of not wanting to move or anything, then you shouldn't have left the place you smoked. :lol:
AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4340
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:09 am
Location: Sarnia
Contact:

Post by AbbyRoad »

i dont drive so ive never driven stoned before, but i ahve drove with tons of stoned people. some of them good some of them bad. its a acquired skill, my friend katie drives stoned more often then sober so she is a better driven when stoned.
Image
User avatar
Black_Marauder
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:59 pm
Location: Sacramento, California
Contact:

Post by Black_Marauder »

I don't know. I'm a pretty good driver, both sober and stoned. What makes driving stoned different is that I, personally, can panic if I don't keep myself focused and calm. But of course, then again, I was driving tricky, single lane roads at 55 with oncoming head lights.

I'm in Sacramento, so it's very common to see people going 35 down residential, neighborhood streets. I loved visiting my family in Fallon, Nevada (a town just an hour east of Reno) because the speed limits of their two main portions of roads (there are only two main roads) is 25 or 35. I was smokin' a joint and no trouble driving at all.

Uh... anyways... ???

Be responsible... we all know limits, and what we really 'should' do.
You'll never get to heaven if you're scared of getting high.
User avatar
Fisher
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:39 pm
Location: St. Helens - England
Contact:

Post by Fisher »

i dirve high pissed nd drugged up never done me any harm :twisted:
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users