Two poems for yall.

Discuss poems from this section, or post one of your own here

Moderators: weedguru_animal, Moderators

Post Reply
Peace Frog
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:13 am
Contact:

Two poems for yall.

Post by Peace Frog »

I wrote these two a little while ago and thought they deserved to be shared with the fine members of Weedguru. So here we goooo!

The Perfect Square

They told us it would be alright.
Said graffiti on concrete was just that.
And people in the street:
Writhing in the neon shadowed smoke of their breath.
Composing poetry with the sway of hips, lips, bodies.
All of this was just another of those "things."

We didn't beleive them then, and sure don't beleive them now.
Seduced by beatnik messiahs who bleached their heartstrands in hospital sinks, hung half the world out to bake,
beaten by the breeze,
like tattered flag-wraiths.
We were up to the crown of our heads in gypsy glee.
We fled when they turned the fire hose on them,
we flushed and burned page after page.
All the while, they watched and shook their heads,
shocked at how tainted we could be.

Shattering proverbial teacups with mouth-wide-open shock,
pretending we were the "real thing"
and never knowing how much you must bleed on the pages
to actually make them come to life.

We walked in long lines outside elite, flashy places:
The place to be.
Downing absinthe and fire water into morning until legs ached from dancing,
and hearts were sorry for being out in the cold slivers of night.
Blistered, peeling feet on the dirty winding alley ways,
leading to a home filled with guilt and heavy memories.
Because one day we woke and realized we were, in fact, to blame.

Perspective is such a burdensome thing when the view is of yourself.

I sat with you in cookie cutter diners with nicotine stained ceilings,
talking about everything and nothing,
inhaling my suicide dream haze,
owning up to coffesional thoughts and never keeping curfew.

At the worst moments of my life I rebelled against the will to live;
Knowing what was better, fearing everything, expecting the worst in everyone,
and never seeing my intuition.
Intuition never helped me live an easy fate.
We talked a little and hated ourselves alot,
hoping intimacy was these silent moments where I stared into your twisting nether iris
and imagined ten million secrets that you never would tell.

Staring at the blunt end of my smokey days,
this unfinished business anguishing in every incomplete poem of mine.
As the mother who starves herself to feed her children.
As the lover who goes celebate night after day,
waiting for her to return
Before finally emerging from reels of cinema tape and maudlin novels,
to a life framed by a perfect square.

Green Grass

Come again?
I couldn't hear
There were voices in my ears
Not yours
Someone else
Say "sing a song"
or else:
Shit happens.
They'll kill me
They'll throw me
Off a building
and get away,
but I'll die
and everyone will want to know why.

I guess I can
sing for you
But there's better things
that I could do.
But who?
But who will remember you
when you don't?
Who will love what you do?

But I'll try
to carry on
Try to keep
them turned on.
Try to answer all your questions
and make a sober first impression.
But please do not
be surprised
if my efforts bleed your eyes.
Because I'm not that strong,
I've got addictions you think are wrong.

I'm fucking sober!
Can't you tell?
You probably can't
I look like hell.
You think I'm set
in my ways
But I can't change in two fucking days.
You probably think
I wasn't listening
But I know that something's missing.
Between you
and between I.
You can trust me
I won't lie.
But if you
choose not
then all this shit can be forgot.
And left alone
or replaced
with a much prettier face.
With no strings
or regret.
You will play
with a new marionette.

But let us be real.
And maybe share this one last meal?
You don't care
but I might
So let's settle this
without a fight.
The way it started
is how it should end.
All I want is for you
to be my friend.
Yes, I still
want to hold you
when there's nothing to hold onto.

But I have to run
so don't be shy.
I still want to see you
so just drop by.
Even though I know
you will not.
I'll still think about
you alot.

So I say
my goodbyes.
Still reeling over
that one last line.
But whatever,
I'll move on
As I walk over
my neighbors lawn
to my house on the corner.
Thinking of
things which weren't real
I realize
that time will heal
all the wounds
of this ordeal.



Thank you,
The Peace Frog
Load up the bong!
Crank up the song!
Let the informa call 911!

And when security police force wanna ride
Dont try and run, dont try and hide
Just pull out your nine, pop in a clip
And let one slip into these crazy fools...
Weedguru Sensei
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3440
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 3:59 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Sensei »

I like em, I like em alot. Specially the first one. You have some talent surely.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users