This november myself and three friends are going to amsterdam for a long weekend. We'll obviously be after the plentiful delights on offer.
I was just wondering if anyone here had suggestions as to what area we should look to stay in and maybe even a specific hotel from your own experiences.
I can't really suggest any specific hotels, cause wherever you'd stay there'd be a coffeeshop nearby. But if theres one I could say it would be the Jolly hotel or the Victoria hotel (quite expensive though) because they are each on one the other side of the Kalvestraat/Nieuwedijk (main street) and close the the Central Station, but that kind of depends on what the purpose of your stay is. Only thing I could say is have fun, smoke alot.. and just try lots of different new kinds of weed. Theres nothing you have to worry about cause like everything you need for your trip is settled all day. Coffeeshops are always open, No need for paying attention to cops or whatever, just smoke alot and have fun .
we stayed in the "botel" (a boat docked in the water that's now a hotel) which was actually really good, its cheap and right near the station and edge of town.. takes about 5 minutes to walk to either one... they also have a 24hr hardcore porn channel which was interesting to wake up to lol
On both occassions I have visited Amsterdam I purchased the majority of my greenery from the Grasshopper, which is a pub/bar a few yards away from the Red Light district...
best is to go for a cheap 3*. when I last wend there was one facing the train station (from over the square type thing). Kinda to the left as you look away from the station. Of course I dont remember the name. Was certainly better than Hotel Utopia, strangly i remember that name.
Dont be a stoner and get the 1st place you find. ask to check the room 1st.....some places are right minge.
have fun amigos. and yeah dont buy off the street.....dont even acknowledge the street hustlers. if you even say 1 word they will know which language you speak and will not leave you alone. remember, mouth shut. they will only skank you.
And dont be a stoner and only go to 1 coffee shop....they all have different herbs so go explore. best is for 1 of your mates to buy from each coffee shop no need for you all to buy the same weed. dont spend all your dough in 1 go....hey it ryhmes.
man I need to go back.
Any of you from the UK. Whats the deal with the crap weed I been getting.....its like the growers just dont care anymore and the main dealers are doing loads a shit to get it to weigh more. like selling it super wet or spraying it so it dont smoke no more. WTF!!!
Man I dont know but a friend of mine went there on a tour through europe for some teens thing and he got kicked off the tour for getting caught with pot but theyr suing to get there money back for the trip because the guides left a group of 15 high school students in Amsterdam for 6 hours to look for souveniers by themselves.
"Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely." ~Lord Acton~