Plastic fumes?
Moderator: Moderators
-
TYStonerTY
- Bonghead

- Posts: 300
- Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:32 am
- Location: Ontario, Canada
- Contact:
Plastic fumes?
Ive got this bong thats made of plastic and weve had it for like almost 2 months now and I noticed that at the bottom of the stem where the smoke comes out the plastic has melted and warped a bit. I noticed it right at the time that I got this terrible cough so Im thinking that I have the cough because of the plastic fumes. For the time being Ive abandoned the bong, but does anyone think that Ive got this cough from the melted plastic?
[img]http://s9.imagehosting.us/uploadpoint/imagehosting_upload_storage/user_40021/T0_40021_1470270.jpg[/img]
Sig by antiflagPUNK
Sig by antiflagPUNK
-
SomeONE?
- Bonghead

- Posts: 442
- Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 2:17 pm
- Location: some were in hell
- Contact:
-
m3tal
- Herbal Assassin

- Posts: 550
- Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:56 pm
- Contact:
-
TYStonerTY
- Bonghead

- Posts: 300
- Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:32 am
- Location: Ontario, Canada
- Contact:
Yeah, the bong smells like a nasty mix of melted plastic, good weed and weed that was wet for too long
but I think Ive found a solution. I pulled the stem out about 2 inches so the smoke doesnt hit the side platic stuff, then I put the end of a pen in the choke and covered it with hot glue cause tape didnt seal it and now Im pretty sure the bong wont kill me... still smells like shit though
. Oo and Ive got another idea: if you smoke weed through something with fat in it like milk and then drank the milk would it get you ripped like drinking weed tea? hmm
[img]http://s9.imagehosting.us/uploadpoint/imagehosting_upload_storage/user_40021/T0_40021_1470270.jpg[/img]
Sig by antiflagPUNK
Sig by antiflagPUNK
-
m3tal
- Herbal Assassin

- Posts: 550
- Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:56 pm
- Contact:
I think it has to be heated to do that. And have a lot more contact than just filtration.
Btw the same thing happened to me with a homemade bubbler... I connected a tube to a bowl through a jar cap, and when the smoke was getting sucked down, so was the flame. The flame made the plastic black and stuff so I'm not gonna use that again. I'm need to get the right materials before I attempt it again.
Btw the same thing happened to me with a homemade bubbler... I connected a tube to a bowl through a jar cap, and when the smoke was getting sucked down, so was the flame. The flame made the plastic black and stuff so I'm not gonna use that again. I'm need to get the right materials before I attempt it again.
-
TYStonerTY
- Bonghead

- Posts: 300
- Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:32 am
- Location: Ontario, Canada
- Contact:
I used to make stuff like that all the time and one that I found that worked great was this:
Take a bottle with a big top, like a 1L pepsi, and melt the plastic with a lighter and shove a trumpet mouthpiece in there while its still melted and let it dry. pull it out and in the bottom of the socket put marker tubes or rubber tubes or pen tubes if they fit then screw the cap on. cut a hole in side of bottle right at the top and put a piece of tube/hose in. it worked really good and because the bowl is so big the flame doesnt get sucked down... make sure to put a screen in though, or just use buds.
wow, I wish I got this stoned every day
at any rate, just try not to get too many plastic fumes, they suck
peace yo.
Take a bottle with a big top, like a 1L pepsi, and melt the plastic with a lighter and shove a trumpet mouthpiece in there while its still melted and let it dry. pull it out and in the bottom of the socket put marker tubes or rubber tubes or pen tubes if they fit then screw the cap on. cut a hole in side of bottle right at the top and put a piece of tube/hose in. it worked really good and because the bowl is so big the flame doesnt get sucked down... make sure to put a screen in though, or just use buds.
wow, I wish I got this stoned every day
at any rate, just try not to get too many plastic fumes, they suck
peace yo.
[img]http://s9.imagehosting.us/uploadpoint/imagehosting_upload_storage/user_40021/T0_40021_1470270.jpg[/img]
Sig by antiflagPUNK
Sig by antiflagPUNK
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users