Which Country do you prefer???America or UK?
Moderator: Moderators
-
moonjuice101
- Bonghead

- Posts: 107
- Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:59 pm
- Location: Bath/Bristol - England
- Contact:
Which Country do you prefer???America or UK?
this should be interesting. both countries are kind of similar and we have a lot of links and connections with each other but which one do you prefer? any reasons?
(edited by Animal, 'better' to 'do you prefer')
(edited by Animal, 'better' to 'do you prefer')
"Anger blows out the lamp of the mind."
---Robert Ingersoll
---Robert Ingersoll
- FIRE!!!
- Ganja God

- Posts: 4564
- Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:53 am
- Location: Deep South FL
- Contact:
- Dr. Greenthumb
- Stoned Immaculate

- Posts: 8112
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
- Contact:
I'm almost afraid to comment on this topic.
I really dont think you can compare the two. The US is alot a bigger therefore has alot more cultural diversity. I've never lived in the UK so I don't think anyone can comment unless they've thoroughly traveled through both.
I think Don King summed it up well, "Only in America."
I really dont think you can compare the two. The US is alot a bigger therefore has alot more cultural diversity. I've never lived in the UK so I don't think anyone can comment unless they've thoroughly traveled through both.
I think Don King summed it up well, "Only in America."
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
-Charlie Kelly
-
4*20
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2571
- Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:30 am
- Contact:
-
weedguru_animal
- Ganja God

- Posts: 6562
- Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
- Location: south
- Contact:
Size doesn't imply greater cultural diversity. China is huge, with a larger population than the US but they don't have a more diverse mixtureof cultutres. it is not just population, or land size, but history and events which brings together different cultures.
As Green said, without living in both countries, it is near impossible to outline the similarities and/or differences with respectable accuracy. However, bearing in mind that 99% of my favoured artists are Americans, writers/musicians mainly from the last couple of centuries, I do feel that I possess a decent perspective on the US, in fact probably a better perspective than the average American. because my knowledge and analysis comes from all over the country and from different times in their history. I read extensively and the US interests me immensley because of their adaptation of imperialism and the melting pot of a few extremely abrasive blood lines...As for the UK, I have lived here for 3/4 of my Life.
'Better' is of course dependent on personal measures of standard of living. Better for me, in many cases, would be worse for you. And vice versa. For instance I would prefer to live in a country which banned all 4 wheeled vehicles from the roads, except for commercial carraige...Which of course would be terribly annoying for any car lovers, but amazing for those of a similar persuasion as me: bike-maniacs.
'America is better, because AMERICA! FUCK YEAH! COMIN AGAIN TO SAVE THE MUTHA FUCKIN DAY!!' Either you have some amazingly potent bud or your understanding of the world position of US is seriously flawed...
I hope you were just playing, White Lie...America (or the UK) haven't saved the day for a very long time. Yes the Americans helped us to defeat Hitler, but they only did that because the American propaganda machine persuaded people it was for the best. Before they got to work the yankees didnt give a flying fuck about the nazis. Then the next major conflict was vietnam,which was one of the most brutally senseless, insane invasions of the last century. Afganistan was an illegal war which has resulted in a definite increase in trouble for the average afgani, and the Iraqui invasion..well, that country under Huseein may have been harsh, but so are lotsof countries run by despotic pyschos...But only am ignorant, blind, deaf man could miss the horrifying reality of bloodlust that the US and UK 'liberation' of Iraq has caused. Iraq and Afganistan areboth in so much worse a condition for the natives, than before the Allied forces invaded with 'liberation' on the agenda.
I could write a helluva lot on this subject, but 'better' is the wrong way to go.
as far as the governments go, I definately prefer the british. because we actually have a few decent politicians. yes they generally end up resigning over morlaity issues, but at least we have a handful of do gooders. From what I know of the American political system, and i probably know more about it than I do of the British system, the Yankee government is my most hated, joint tied with the Israeli government, on the planet. Perhaps out of all history to my knowledge so far.
As Green said, without living in both countries, it is near impossible to outline the similarities and/or differences with respectable accuracy. However, bearing in mind that 99% of my favoured artists are Americans, writers/musicians mainly from the last couple of centuries, I do feel that I possess a decent perspective on the US, in fact probably a better perspective than the average American. because my knowledge and analysis comes from all over the country and from different times in their history. I read extensively and the US interests me immensley because of their adaptation of imperialism and the melting pot of a few extremely abrasive blood lines...As for the UK, I have lived here for 3/4 of my Life.
'Better' is of course dependent on personal measures of standard of living. Better for me, in many cases, would be worse for you. And vice versa. For instance I would prefer to live in a country which banned all 4 wheeled vehicles from the roads, except for commercial carraige...Which of course would be terribly annoying for any car lovers, but amazing for those of a similar persuasion as me: bike-maniacs.
'America is better, because AMERICA! FUCK YEAH! COMIN AGAIN TO SAVE THE MUTHA FUCKIN DAY!!' Either you have some amazingly potent bud or your understanding of the world position of US is seriously flawed...
I hope you were just playing, White Lie...America (or the UK) haven't saved the day for a very long time. Yes the Americans helped us to defeat Hitler, but they only did that because the American propaganda machine persuaded people it was for the best. Before they got to work the yankees didnt give a flying fuck about the nazis. Then the next major conflict was vietnam,which was one of the most brutally senseless, insane invasions of the last century. Afganistan was an illegal war which has resulted in a definite increase in trouble for the average afgani, and the Iraqui invasion..well, that country under Huseein may have been harsh, but so are lotsof countries run by despotic pyschos...But only am ignorant, blind, deaf man could miss the horrifying reality of bloodlust that the US and UK 'liberation' of Iraq has caused. Iraq and Afganistan areboth in so much worse a condition for the natives, than before the Allied forces invaded with 'liberation' on the agenda.
I could write a helluva lot on this subject, but 'better' is the wrong way to go.
as far as the governments go, I definately prefer the british. because we actually have a few decent politicians. yes they generally end up resigning over morlaity issues, but at least we have a handful of do gooders. From what I know of the American political system, and i probably know more about it than I do of the British system, the Yankee government is my most hated, joint tied with the Israeli government, on the planet. Perhaps out of all history to my knowledge so far.
- FIRE!!!
- Ganja God

- Posts: 4564
- Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:53 am
- Location: Deep South FL
- Contact:
weedguru_animal wrote:'America is better, because AMERICA! FUCK YEAH! COMIN AGAIN TO SAVE THE MUTHA FUCKIN DAY!!' Either you have some amazingly potent bud or your understanding of the world position of US is seriously flawed...
I hope you were just playing, White Lie...
- Dr. Greenthumb
- Stoned Immaculate

- Posts: 8112
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
- Contact:
Three things America has on the UK: better weed (particularly CA and FL), better rappers, and better movies.
I'm not to familiar with the UK's cultural make up but I know it wasnt dubbed for 'melting pot' for nothing. Even from city to city ethnicity and culture vary greatly. Think about New Orleans, Texas, New York, California, South Florida. All of these are huge epicenters for different cultures from a different heritage and place.
I'm not to familiar with the UK's cultural make up but I know it wasnt dubbed for 'melting pot' for nothing. Even from city to city ethnicity and culture vary greatly. Think about New Orleans, Texas, New York, California, South Florida. All of these are huge epicenters for different cultures from a different heritage and place.
Last edited by Dr. Greenthumb on Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
-Charlie Kelly
-
weedguru_animal
- Ganja God

- Posts: 6562
- Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
- Location: south
- Contact:
-
weedguru_animal
- Ganja God

- Posts: 6562
- Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
- Location: south
- Contact:
it is laughable that you assume(why?) the US has better weed. You are basing that on ??????????
As for the culture question,why not look at a history bookand see how old the UK in comparison to the society that now populates the US....that will provide anyone with ample evidence that the UK though I wouldn't say has more culture neccisarily, but certainly as much as the US.
Take a piece of your own advice Doc and accept that weed is not something you can judge in any way whatsoever, English weed that is, because you have never been here.
As for the culture question,why not look at a history bookand see how old the UK in comparison to the society that now populates the US....that will provide anyone with ample evidence that the UK though I wouldn't say has more culture neccisarily, but certainly as much as the US.
Take a piece of your own advice Doc and accept that weed is not something you can judge in any way whatsoever, English weed that is, because you have never been here.
-
Rixindix
- Bonghead

- Posts: 158
- Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:55 pm
- Location: T. Dot-O
i honestly believe if the whole world dies from a nuclear war (which is inevitable) it will be the american government's fault, so fuck the american government, and fuck the republicans...
(edited for decency by Animal)
(edited for decency by Animal)
Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore, trust the physician and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility
- thnkgod4weed
- Bonghead

- Posts: 276
- Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:12 am
- Location: In a crazy spiral downward to heaven
- Contact:
-
weedguru_animal
- Ganja God

- Posts: 6562
- Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
- Location: south
- Contact:
no need to lock this. i can edit mistakenly offensive comments for now.
May I just ask everyone who inputs into this debate not to generalize their hatred. Polarize it for those who have caused it, not for every countrymen of those who have caused it. It devalue your opinion if you assume a whole country is the same way inclined as their government. Democracy means shit to people like Bush and Blair. they do not represent all the yankees and brits, like Mr Olmert doesnt represent all the israelis. please try to remember that.
Without meaning to start a fued...
yes, America has the highest standard of emceeing, but then again they also have by far the poorest emcees in the world also in their ranks. This isbecausethey have the highest number of emcees of any country.
Movies isn't an area i would say that America rules.
One of the least glamourous differences is the disgraceful obesity levels of the US...i will give America that accolade, they have the highest amount of clinically obese people on the planet. I think Australia is fast cathing them up!
So fast food and criminal dietary decisions can be factors to seperate the countries.
May I just ask everyone who inputs into this debate not to generalize their hatred. Polarize it for those who have caused it, not for every countrymen of those who have caused it. It devalue your opinion if you assume a whole country is the same way inclined as their government. Democracy means shit to people like Bush and Blair. they do not represent all the yankees and brits, like Mr Olmert doesnt represent all the israelis. please try to remember that.
Without meaning to start a fued...
yes, America has the highest standard of emceeing, but then again they also have by far the poorest emcees in the world also in their ranks. This isbecausethey have the highest number of emcees of any country.
Movies isn't an area i would say that America rules.
One of the least glamourous differences is the disgraceful obesity levels of the US...i will give America that accolade, they have the highest amount of clinically obese people on the planet. I think Australia is fast cathing them up!
So fast food and criminal dietary decisions can be factors to seperate the countries.
-
Rixindix
- Bonghead

- Posts: 158
- Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:55 pm
- Location: T. Dot-O
thanks animal, youve phrased my opinion in a much more appropiate and more accurate way
Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore, trust the physician and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility
- Dr. Greenthumb
- Stoned Immaculate

- Posts: 8112
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
- Contact:
I was just thinking of all the great buds and big grow ops that come from California, Colorado, Northern Florida. UK isn't known for growing alot of pot while certain places in the US are famous for it. If there was more weed growing in the UK there would be no need to smoke so much soap and on top of that there wouldn't be such dry droughts. Not to mention all the Canada weed floating around...
If you're refering to 50 cent and all that pop-rap. I wouldn't consider that to be in the same genre as real hip hop artist like Atmosphere, Immortal Technique, Mr Lif, MF Grimm...just to name a few that you like. Not to mention most early, old school hip hop was inspired by the african-american culture.
I agree with you partially on the movie subject. Hollywood doesn't make the best movies but they do make the highest grossing movies worldwide. One of America's main exports is it's entertainment and commercial chains. Then you wonder why alot of countries feel like they're being invaded by American culture.
I'm surprised that you havent brought up the fact that America is run by a monkey.
If you're refering to 50 cent and all that pop-rap. I wouldn't consider that to be in the same genre as real hip hop artist like Atmosphere, Immortal Technique, Mr Lif, MF Grimm...just to name a few that you like. Not to mention most early, old school hip hop was inspired by the african-american culture.
I agree with you partially on the movie subject. Hollywood doesn't make the best movies but they do make the highest grossing movies worldwide. One of America's main exports is it's entertainment and commercial chains. Then you wonder why alot of countries feel like they're being invaded by American culture.
I'm surprised that you havent brought up the fact that America is run by a monkey.
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
-Charlie Kelly
-
weedguru_animal
- Ganja God

- Posts: 6562
- Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
- Location: south
- Contact:
the skunk i am used to smoking in Brighton, UK, is on par with some of the average to lower strength bud I have sampled in Amsterdam. We have plenty of growers, but don't need as many as the US because we have a wonderful connection with mainland europe which in turn has wonderful connexions to the whole world. I haven't had to restrict myself to soap since my days in Faversham, which is a small, scummy town in Kent. In Manchester, there was always any number of interesting and potent strains available and as i mentioned, Brighton has some of the highest quality bud around.
Sheer numbers doesn't neccisarily imply quality. Like with the movies: highest grossing movies means that the brain-dead sheep love the films, not that they are definately good films. I mean good advertising can-and often does-result in high grossing films, instead of a real quality film inviting massive profits.
Judging quality by anything mainstream is stupid unless you are one of the sheep. I am not. Therefore I don't judge 'popular culture' to be an indication of what it good and bad. I judge things on how I see them, not others.
as you say Doc hiphop originated from afro-american cultures. I can happily concede that US home the best rappers but as the US is the home of rap that isn't really a surprise. For instance, England kick the rest of the world's sorry asses when it come to drum and bass because we have an massively high number of D n b producers. you need to take these things into account when discussing good and bad. As I would say we also had easily the worst drum n bass. you get my point?
The american media is far far more fucked up than the british. As most enlightened Americans will confirm. This leads to ,unfortunately, a more brainwashed, media-malleable, population.
Having travelled a fair amount in my life, I would say that the reputation of the British amongst Westerners is far more positive than the reputation of the Americans. But when you leave the Western world, the british are just as hated as the yankees. It is such a shame that Bush and Blair have created so much rancour towards every one of us who lives in the UK or US. they should both be shot. But then who would fill their shoes?? Just another bunch of kunts who need shooting.
A country can be judged in some way by the amount of dissent allowed and offered. And on this count the UK wins hands down. This is an important point, because for instance in the recent Israeli bombardment/slaughter of the Lebanese, there was actually a large number of Americans who thought that Israel were acting too leniently. You couldn't find that in the UK. I guess that implies that in the UK, though we can't stop our government supporting evil acts, we can more easily tell the difference between Right and Wrong. And i think that is hugely due to our more open media. The british media systems are not anywhere near as controlled as their american counterparts. I am loathe to imagine that Americans have access to the same information as the Brits, but are just more inclined to support illegal, downright evil slaughter....
but then again, there is NO CHANCE that the british would ever accept their tax money paying for weapons to be donated to Israel, Which the Americans obviously do accept. That is if they know about that??????Again I point to awareness and the media.
The US government is far better at keeping people ignorant of reality. I will give them that, but I would like to give them all (Bush and his buddies) to the Janjaweed Malitia to use as target practice.
Sheer numbers doesn't neccisarily imply quality. Like with the movies: highest grossing movies means that the brain-dead sheep love the films, not that they are definately good films. I mean good advertising can-and often does-result in high grossing films, instead of a real quality film inviting massive profits.
Judging quality by anything mainstream is stupid unless you are one of the sheep. I am not. Therefore I don't judge 'popular culture' to be an indication of what it good and bad. I judge things on how I see them, not others.
as you say Doc hiphop originated from afro-american cultures. I can happily concede that US home the best rappers but as the US is the home of rap that isn't really a surprise. For instance, England kick the rest of the world's sorry asses when it come to drum and bass because we have an massively high number of D n b producers. you need to take these things into account when discussing good and bad. As I would say we also had easily the worst drum n bass. you get my point?
The american media is far far more fucked up than the british. As most enlightened Americans will confirm. This leads to ,unfortunately, a more brainwashed, media-malleable, population.
Having travelled a fair amount in my life, I would say that the reputation of the British amongst Westerners is far more positive than the reputation of the Americans. But when you leave the Western world, the british are just as hated as the yankees. It is such a shame that Bush and Blair have created so much rancour towards every one of us who lives in the UK or US. they should both be shot. But then who would fill their shoes?? Just another bunch of kunts who need shooting.
A country can be judged in some way by the amount of dissent allowed and offered. And on this count the UK wins hands down. This is an important point, because for instance in the recent Israeli bombardment/slaughter of the Lebanese, there was actually a large number of Americans who thought that Israel were acting too leniently. You couldn't find that in the UK. I guess that implies that in the UK, though we can't stop our government supporting evil acts, we can more easily tell the difference between Right and Wrong. And i think that is hugely due to our more open media. The british media systems are not anywhere near as controlled as their american counterparts. I am loathe to imagine that Americans have access to the same information as the Brits, but are just more inclined to support illegal, downright evil slaughter....
but then again, there is NO CHANCE that the british would ever accept their tax money paying for weapons to be donated to Israel, Which the Americans obviously do accept. That is if they know about that??????Again I point to awareness and the media.
The US government is far better at keeping people ignorant of reality. I will give them that, but I would like to give them all (Bush and his buddies) to the Janjaweed Malitia to use as target practice.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users