Memories & visions "stored" in a room?

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
herbie
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:27 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Memories & visions "stored" in a room?

Post by herbie »

Ok so I'm starting to put together some experiences and thoughts i've been having over the past year into some sort of explanation. Here goes...

Last summer in my room at home on quite a few occasions I got high enough that I could actually hear thoughts and voices spinning around in my head. It was mostly little snippets of things my mum had said to me, or that I had said - I couldn't pin down any definate sentances. What was interesting is that they seemed to be very old memories, like I was hearing back snippets of thoughts and things that were said in my room throughout my whole life (i lived at home all my life until recently).

I posted about this here at the time: http://www.weedguru.com/forum/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

So anyway I'm now thinking that all around us on some frequency or some other level that is not visible to our eyes, our thoughts, memories and maybe even visions are stored.

What got me thinking in this direction is something my friend said on the subject of ghosts. She was in a museum once with her parents, very bored and dissinterested, when she walked into a room and just suddenly burst into tears. She felt really sad and claustrophobic and had to get out of the room. When her dad looked in the guidebook, the room was where they had held prisoners before hanging them (I'm sure this sounds like a familiar story).

You can probably see where I'm going with this. Were the memories and thoughts of these prisoners somehow stored on some level in this room, as with those I experienced in my room at home? And do we have some untapped (or tapped but hidden) ability to "tune in" to this level?

When people see ghosts, is their brain tuning into visions stored on this level and recreating them as we do in dreams? Ghosts are always black and white, faded figures etc, but they seem real. Just like our dreams!

Thoughts? :?
User avatar
FIRE!!!
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4564
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:53 am
Location: Deep South FL
Contact:

Post by FIRE!!! »

Really cool theory man, I never thought of anything like that. You know, it's true that they can't define what dark matter is or what it represents...possibly thoughts and memories wafting throughout existence? I know that whenever I return to a room where I had a bad experience with something, I always get that same twist in my stomach of negative emotion...hm..

You really got me thinking man!!
Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy
Posts: 4115
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:33 pm
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Post by Gorecore »

Here's my thoughts on the subject:

I'm scared...will somebody please hold me tight and tell me everything is gonna be alright?
Image
Grrrl
Moderator
Posts: 1220
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:19 pm
Location: Manchester, uk
Contact:

Post by Grrrl »

Gorecore wrote:Here's my thoughts on the subject:

I'm scared...will somebody please hold me tight and tell me everything is gonna be alright?
awww there there gorey, its all gonna be fine *pats head* get ur milk and space cookies and off to bed with u :lol: lol :lol:

But anyway for the most part I don't believe in ghosts, I dont believe theres anything after death. But I do think negative energy can collect in somewhere if it is repeated over n over in the same place. My mates visited auschwitz a few yrs back n they all said this scared, nervous, upset jumble of emotion hit em in the gas chambers from absotutely no where.
Image
Me importa un pimiento...
andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch
Posts: 6299
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
Location: welcome to the midwest
Contact:

Post by andriaSRH »

i have had a similar experience. sometimes right when i'm about to go to bed i can hear the voices if my family and friends cleary and very audible inside my head.

i don't believe in ghosts, because that's scary. i do believe that there are things around that we can't see. sometimes when i'm at home alone i walk into different rooms and i feel different vibes. i feel like i'm being watched. eeeeeerie.
User avatar
kamikaze323
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:17 am
Contact:

Post by kamikaze323 »

Those feelings could be psychosomatic (caused by your mind playing tricks on you) or it could be stored emotions. Just bringing up the idea. This one author theorized that since all matter is essentialy condensed, cooled energy (in the big bang theory) then all of the matter in the universe is probably linked. Like everything is part of a collective. This explains a few weird quantum physics properties like entanglement. Emotions could be stored in that energy and be relayed to people. I dk. I'm baked and thinkin' deep thoughts.
If the world didn't suck we would all fall off.
herbie
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:27 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Post by herbie »

Yeah it could be that, the obvious answer I guess is that it's just old memories stored in my mind coming back to me... but it's only ever happened to me in my room at home, which is what got me thinking... but again that could be the setting triggering certain thoughts etc...

But yeah entanglement, what an amazing discovery... it's the sort of cool theory you read about that someone has thought up, but never with any real proof that it exists... but this is actually real which is what is amazing... it could open the doors to so much.....
User avatar
Anti-FlagPUNK
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:39 am
Contact:

Post by Anti-FlagPUNK »

thats scary, i would get sick if i went to auschwitz (sp?)
[img]http://show.imagehosting.us/show/1464698/0/nouser_1464/T0_-1_1464698.jpg[/img]
User avatar
Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate
Posts: 8112
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
Contact:

Post by Dr. Greenthumb »

Yeah I went there with a killer hangover it was horrible.
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users