life lessons...

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Grrrl
Moderator
Posts: 1220
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:19 pm
Location: Manchester, uk
Contact:

life lessons...

Post by Grrrl »

I've been locked in my own thoughts recently, hence my recent lack of posts. I thought I'd share some of my views that came to me during my contemplative state. feel free to disagree but this is just how I view things:

Everything you learn gives you a new perception on things. There is nothing you can't learn from. Even something as small as learning 'I don't like this'. Or learning something is a waste of time. There are some lessons we enjoy, and some which we hate. Learning things puts a new light on things, that without that knowledge we'd have failed to see. Everything happens for a reason. Even if we don't see it straight away.

Jah bless
Image
Me importa un pimiento...
Hatchetrunner420
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:14 am
Location: MD
Contact:

Post by Hatchetrunner420 »

Hmm...now that you mention it...Your right...
Inhale/Exhale - I'ma Weed-A-Holic...Smokin till my Lungs Fail
farmacyst
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:58 pm
Location: London, England
Contact:

Re: life lessons...

Post by farmacyst »

Rasta_Grrrl wrote:I've been locked in my own thoughts recently, hence my recent lack of posts. I thought I'd share some of my views that came to me during my contemplative state. feel free to disagree but this is just how I view things:

Everything you learn gives you a new perception on things. There is nothing you can't learn from. Even something as small as learning 'I don't like this'. Or learning something is a waste of time. There are some lessons we enjoy, and some which we hate. Learning things puts a new light on things, that without that knowledge we'd have failed to see. Everything happens for a reason. Even if we don't see it straight away.

Jah bless
very true...i think every single experience affects every single facet of your life....
"Viva La Revolucion" - Che Guevara

"The World Is Yours" - Scarface
4tealicks
Why Hello There !
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:22 am
Contact:

Re: life lessons...

Post by 4tealicks »

WeedGuru_Rasta_Grrrl wrote:I've been locked in my own thoughts recently, hence my recent lack of posts. I thought I'd share some of my views that came to me during my contemplative state. feel free to disagree but this is just how I view things:

Everything you learn gives you a new perception on things. There is nothing you can't learn from. Even something as small as learning 'I don't like this'. Or learning something is a waste of time. There are some lessons we enjoy, and some which we hate. Learning things puts a new light on things, that without that knowledge we'd have failed to see. Everything happens for a reason. Even if we don't see it straight away.

Jah bless

Which is why when people say I hate learning is by far one of the most invalid statements of all time. I thought about this exact thing when I was stoned and listening to Layla on repeat haha.
Ice006
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:50 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Contact:

Post by Ice006 »

Learning, or the ability to learn, is the one thing that makes life interesting. If we get scared of finding out new things, or are too lazy to use our newfound life experience to somehow better ourselves, that's when we begin to fail as an intelligent being.
President Beavis
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1352
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:18 am
Contact:

Post by President Beavis »

I need to learn to stop procrastinating, but I'd rather just procrastinate some more. You see? I'm doing it right now! :o
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

President Beavis wrote:I need to learn to stop procrastinating, but I'd rather just procrastinate some more. You see? I'm doing it right now! :o
same here my friend, i should be studying but then again I like this life of staying at home chilling, smoking alot too

DILEMMA
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
4tealicks
Why Hello There !
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:22 am
Contact:

Post by 4tealicks »

As Mr. Churchill said:

"Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught. "
lant
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:20 pm
Contact:

Post by lant »

I'm king at procrastination! KING I TELL YA!
hubcap
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 665
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:15 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Post by hubcap »

A thought i had whilst high was wouldnt it be amazing if you could somehow have a list of every single bit of information you know so you could look at the extent of your knowledge. And all the little things you only remember when something reminds you and all the small things that are not worth knowing, like the wall outside my house has a broken brick. Cool but impossible.
Try some wrong
[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r296/sgthubcap/hubcapsig4.jpg[/img]
User avatar
FIRE!!!
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4564
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:53 am
Location: Deep South FL
Contact:

Post by FIRE!!! »

hubcap wrote:A thought i had whilst high was wouldnt it be amazing if you could somehow have a list of every single bit of information you know so you could look at the extent of your knowledge. And all the little things you only remember when something reminds you and all the small things that are not worth knowing, like the wall outside my house has a broken brick. Cool but impossible.
"Hey look, mine's longer"
'erb
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:54 am
Contact:

Post by 'erb »

[img]http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f42/herbaliztik/th_logo2.gif[/img]
[url=http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showforum=142]uk420's FAQ's about growing[/url]
[url=http://www.uk420.com/]I Learnt everything i know on uk420.com[/url]
Grrrl
Moderator
Posts: 1220
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:19 pm
Location: Manchester, uk
Contact:

Post by Grrrl »

hubcap wrote:
A thought i had whilst high was wouldnt it be amazing if you could somehow have a list of every single bit of information you know so you could look at the extent of your knowledge. And all the little things you only remember when something reminds you and all the small things that are not worth knowing, like the wall outside my house has a broken brick. Cool but impossible.
Only with the current technology is it impossible, but who knows what the future holds The idea has already been planted in people's head to make cyborgs, which are just really roboty/computerised-ish people and computers are just storage for information if you think about it. Although in all honesty we are more likely to blow ourselves up well before this point has any chance to arise
peace
Image
Me importa un pimiento...
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users