A good world for future generations?
Moderator: Moderators
-
weedguru_animal
- Ganja God

- Posts: 6562
- Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
- Location: south
- Contact:
A good world for future generations?
The older I become the more I like the idea of parenting a child, preferably a son, not to nurture him into a replica of myself, but to teach him everything that I know to be useful, to offer all of my wisdom at the earliest possible age, to give the best mental/spiritual/emotional base in the game of Existence. However as my knowledge and understanding of the world grows so does my fear that more humans for this world may be a bad idea. Unless that is, I rear my children to be revolutionaries, and I spend my life spreading the word of revolution to my peers who will pass it- in turn -onto their own children, then after a few generations, there may be a global revolution. The end of the capitalist and religious wars. the end of fascism, racism, globalisation and most importantly, the end of continued rape and murder of the natural elements that combine to form the Earth and every living organism within it's realm. That would be a good reason to have children and a Life well spent.
Overall I just wish to avoid the selfishness that i sometimes see in others when they have kids just for the sake of 'having a family' because it is the 'normal' thing to do.
My other problem, is based around the over emotional support we offer our children well into their early adulthood. I mean that parents often put no effort into helping their children grow up, instead just offering love, warmth and support, which is nice, but ultimately on a mass scale this leads to a very weak society.
I am not sure exactly what I am putting forward for debate with this post, I just wanted to get the few lines that had been knocking around my head, out through my fingers and into the world....
Do any of you guys have any set ideas about your future/current parenting possibilities?
Overall I just wish to avoid the selfishness that i sometimes see in others when they have kids just for the sake of 'having a family' because it is the 'normal' thing to do.
My other problem, is based around the over emotional support we offer our children well into their early adulthood. I mean that parents often put no effort into helping their children grow up, instead just offering love, warmth and support, which is nice, but ultimately on a mass scale this leads to a very weak society.
I am not sure exactly what I am putting forward for debate with this post, I just wanted to get the few lines that had been knocking around my head, out through my fingers and into the world....
Do any of you guys have any set ideas about your future/current parenting possibilities?
- mr green
- Bonghead

- Posts: 354
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:18 pm
- Contact:
atm i really dont like the thought of having kids,this decade seems to be the most violent(except for when the world wars were going on).Here we are terrorist targets and the media are constantly making things worse by telling people that we could be bombed out any day!
the goverment are lieing to us and then when theyre caught red-handed are denieng it,we are consatnly being controlled and we are treated and judged by the way we dress,look how much money we have etc...
this is the decade that i think everyone has finally woken up to how fucked up the world is,sadly though the people with power are covering up and scapegoating all the time,so they dont have any time to focus on the real issues.what a said way to run the world........
the goverment are lieing to us and then when theyre caught red-handed are denieng it,we are consatnly being controlled and we are treated and judged by the way we dress,look how much money we have etc...
this is the decade that i think everyone has finally woken up to how fucked up the world is,sadly though the people with power are covering up and scapegoating all the time,so they dont have any time to focus on the real issues.what a said way to run the world........
"im sick of that fake thug,rnb rap scenario all day on the radio"
[img]http://www.imageuploading.com/ims/pic.php?u=10345iVlaV&i=63366[/img]
[img]http://www.imageuploading.com/ims/pic.php?u=10345iVlaV&i=63366[/img]
- danno_rollin_blunts
- Bonghead

- Posts: 140
- Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 6:42 pm
- Location: earlsdon coventry UK
- Contact:
after reading these posts ive thought to myself about when ive got a son. the main question that popped into my head was when , if ever , would i teach my son how to roll his first spliff.
so i think i have cause for a debate here..........
what age do you think that you should introduce your child to the world of weed !!!
im thinking when they become 13. basically as soon as they become teens.
so i think i have cause for a debate here..........
what age do you think that you should introduce your child to the world of weed !!!
im thinking when they become 13. basically as soon as they become teens.
- mr green
- Bonghead

- Posts: 354
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:18 pm
- Contact:
huumm tbh 13 seems a bit too young,especially as your brain is still mentally devoloping at that age. tbh i think im going to let my son or daughter let themselves find out for themself,then maybe if i clock them i will be kool with it,let them smoke in the house!!!
but definatly tell them that just because im kool with it,it doesnt mean the whole of the world is so theyve still got to be careful with weed apart from when therye in the house.....
but definatly tell them that just because im kool with it,it doesnt mean the whole of the world is so theyve still got to be careful with weed apart from when therye in the house.....
"im sick of that fake thug,rnb rap scenario all day on the radio"
[img]http://www.imageuploading.com/ims/pic.php?u=10345iVlaV&i=63366[/img]
[img]http://www.imageuploading.com/ims/pic.php?u=10345iVlaV&i=63366[/img]
- danno_rollin_blunts
- Bonghead

- Posts: 140
- Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 6:42 pm
- Location: earlsdon coventry UK
- Contact:
- mr green
- Bonghead

- Posts: 354
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:18 pm
- Contact:
yeah that may well happen,all kids are different,when they start to get a personality at a younger age you might be able to tell if therye capable of that...
like if therye disobediant,but i think theryes no real way of telling,because as you an me and most of these people on the forums know if you want to do something you will be shady about it
like if therye disobediant,but i think theryes no real way of telling,because as you an me and most of these people on the forums know if you want to do something you will be shady about it
"im sick of that fake thug,rnb rap scenario all day on the radio"
[img]http://www.imageuploading.com/ims/pic.php?u=10345iVlaV&i=63366[/img]
[img]http://www.imageuploading.com/ims/pic.php?u=10345iVlaV&i=63366[/img]
- danno_rollin_blunts
- Bonghead

- Posts: 140
- Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 6:42 pm
- Location: earlsdon coventry UK
- Contact:
the thing is if your children are shady how are you gonna know about it?
you cant.
...........unless.....
you dig around in there rooms for stuff like their weed stash.
and since my parents dont do this (at least to my knowledge) i dont think ill feel the need to do this with my children.
my point being i would prefer my children to be honest than shady. shadyness provokes a worser reaction than honesty no matter what it is.
you cant.
...........unless.....
you dig around in there rooms for stuff like their weed stash.
and since my parents dont do this (at least to my knowledge) i dont think ill feel the need to do this with my children.
my point being i would prefer my children to be honest than shady. shadyness provokes a worser reaction than honesty no matter what it is.
- mr green
- Bonghead

- Posts: 354
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:18 pm
- Contact:
true but then agian thats the point in being shady!
i think maybe when i suspect a little thing,like when weve come in stoned smelling of weed and knowing weve got red-eye then i will straight up question him.
if he denies it ill tell him that I smoke it(if i still am) or tell him that i used to loads and i dont mind it,then well see wat they say!!
i think maybe when i suspect a little thing,like when weve come in stoned smelling of weed and knowing weve got red-eye then i will straight up question him.
if he denies it ill tell him that I smoke it(if i still am) or tell him that i used to loads and i dont mind it,then well see wat they say!!
"im sick of that fake thug,rnb rap scenario all day on the radio"
[img]http://www.imageuploading.com/ims/pic.php?u=10345iVlaV&i=63366[/img]
[img]http://www.imageuploading.com/ims/pic.php?u=10345iVlaV&i=63366[/img]
- danno_rollin_blunts
- Bonghead

- Posts: 140
- Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 6:42 pm
- Location: earlsdon coventry UK
- Contact:
-
weedguru_animal
- Ganja God

- Posts: 6562
- Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
- Location: south
- Contact:
-
Darth Inhaler
- Bonghead

- Posts: 454
- Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:58 am
- Location: Connecticut
- Contact:
I agree with you on so many levels, animal
With my kid(s) I'm basically going to teach them any information i found useful in life. I want them to grow the way they want to grow, not my way. There are certain things I would do as a kid and my parents would tell me not to, even though it wasn't a bad thing, it was just different and I guess they didn't want me to do it. I'll let my kids choose their own life and I won't interfere as long as it's not extremely life threatening and as long as I always know where they are and there is some way they can reach me. I want to be there without exactly telling them how to live their life. Of course when my kids are very young I have to teach them manners and other things. I'd also like to keep yelling to a minimum, only using it when neccessary, and I think hitting your kids under certain circumstances is ok. I will also be straightforward when telling them of tragedies. Like if their grandfather dies I won't say "Grandpa is in a better place" or any kind of euphanism. I won't say "Grandpa's dead" just like that, but I don't want to sugar coat it either.
And hey...if I mess up with the first kid there's always other chances
With my kid(s) I'm basically going to teach them any information i found useful in life. I want them to grow the way they want to grow, not my way. There are certain things I would do as a kid and my parents would tell me not to, even though it wasn't a bad thing, it was just different and I guess they didn't want me to do it. I'll let my kids choose their own life and I won't interfere as long as it's not extremely life threatening and as long as I always know where they are and there is some way they can reach me. I want to be there without exactly telling them how to live their life. Of course when my kids are very young I have to teach them manners and other things. I'd also like to keep yelling to a minimum, only using it when neccessary, and I think hitting your kids under certain circumstances is ok. I will also be straightforward when telling them of tragedies. Like if their grandfather dies I won't say "Grandpa is in a better place" or any kind of euphanism. I won't say "Grandpa's dead" just like that, but I don't want to sugar coat it either.
And hey...if I mess up with the first kid there's always other chances
I think drugs have done some good things for us, and if you don't believe me, do me a favor. Go home tonight and burn all your albums, tapes, and cd's. Because the musicians who made all that great music...rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreal fucking high on drugs.
- danno_rollin_blunts
- Bonghead

- Posts: 140
- Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 6:42 pm
- Location: earlsdon coventry UK
- Contact:
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users