A wee rant about me and my case. Please read.
Moderator: Moderators
-
~Twitch~
- Casual toker

- Posts: 32
- Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:32 am
- Location: Somewhere in the bush, Ontario.
- Contact:
A wee rant about me and my case. Please read.
First off, I joined this forum for a chance to socialize with fellow stoners.
My name's Steve, and I have a heretitary, neurological disorder called tourette's syndrome. Please don't ask me exactly what that is, because it's very difficult to explain, especially for someone of my IQ level. I used to take "legitimate" medication for it, ie. risperidone, which is an anti-psycotic. (I also smoked pot at that point) Recently, I turned to a psychotic "alternate medicine". ie... that herb they call pot. (see signature) Since then, I've seemed a little crazy, but I'd rather be myself and medicate myself naturally, than with man-made chemicals. In a nutshell, weed makes me feel sane. So, if you ever read one of my posts, and can't figure out whether I'm fluent in any language whatsoever, before you ask yourself: "Is this guy insane?" (because the answer is yes) Keep in mind that it's not because I'm totally baked, it's because I'm not.
~Twitch~
My name's Steve, and I have a heretitary, neurological disorder called tourette's syndrome. Please don't ask me exactly what that is, because it's very difficult to explain, especially for someone of my IQ level. I used to take "legitimate" medication for it, ie. risperidone, which is an anti-psycotic. (I also smoked pot at that point) Recently, I turned to a psychotic "alternate medicine". ie... that herb they call pot. (see signature) Since then, I've seemed a little crazy, but I'd rather be myself and medicate myself naturally, than with man-made chemicals. In a nutshell, weed makes me feel sane. So, if you ever read one of my posts, and can't figure out whether I'm fluent in any language whatsoever, before you ask yourself: "Is this guy insane?" (because the answer is yes) Keep in mind that it's not because I'm totally baked, it's because I'm not.
~Twitch~
Those who know me know me well. I shout, I twitch, I scream, I yell.
My disorder would normally put me through hell; if it weren’t for that herb they call pot.
My disorder would normally put me through hell; if it weren’t for that herb they call pot.
- Dr. Greenthumb
- Stoned Immaculate

- Posts: 8112
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
- Contact:
Glad to hear cannabis is helping you out with your problem, I recently had knee surgery and smoking weed worked wonders for pain and physical therapy. The only problem with self medicating is that you dont really know what a proper dosage is, another problem that is a result of marijuana being illegal.
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
-Charlie Kelly
-
youngweezy
- Casual toker

- Posts: 82
- Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:46 pm
-
DaemonLee
- Bonghead

- Posts: 195
- Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:36 am
- Contact:
-
mirage223
- Casual toker

- Posts: 96
- Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:06 pm
- Contact:
-
~Twitch~
- Casual toker

- Posts: 32
- Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:32 am
- Location: Somewhere in the bush, Ontario.
- Contact:
Default
Don't worry, I'm not easily offended. Tourette's is a "neurological disorder", in other words, disorder of the brain. And oddly, I hear people saying that's what tourette's is too, but compulsive swearing is called coprilalia (no idea how to spell it) and people often confuse that with TS because a lot of people that have TS have it also. Along with TS, I also have OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and ADHD. I also have a small abnormality (for lack of a better word) called echolalia which is the same idea as coprilalia except it's the compulsive repeating of words, sentences, etc. For instance, someone might say something to me that stuck in my head, and I might walk down the street repeating it in my head, or sometimes out loud. If you want anymore information about this stuff, look it up online, because just like picking up weed for people, people always asking you the same question gets annoying after a couple years. (not to be rude, it's just people are always asking me what Tourette's is in real life too, and it's very hard to explain to someone who doesn't have it.)youngweezy wrote:not to be like mean or cruel but isnt tourrettes when you cant stop cursing? or am i thinkin of somethin else?
~Twitch~
Those who know me know me well. I shout, I twitch, I scream, I yell.
My disorder would normally put me through hell; if it weren’t for that herb they call pot.
My disorder would normally put me through hell; if it weren’t for that herb they call pot.
-
~Twitch~
- Casual toker

- Posts: 32
- Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:32 am
- Location: Somewhere in the bush, Ontario.
- Contact:
Default
Don't worry, I'm not easily offended. Tourette's is a "neurological disorder", in other words, disorder of the brain. And oddly, I hear people saying that's what tourette's is too, but compulsive swearing is called coprilalia (no idea how to spell it) and people often confuse that with TS because a lot of people that have TS have it also. Along with TS, I also have OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and ADHD. I also have a small abnormality (for lack of a better word) called echolalia which is the same idea as coprilalia except it's the compulsive repeating of words, sentences, etc. For instance, someone might say something to me that stuck in my head, and I might walk down the street repeating it in my head, or sometimes out loud. If you want anymore information about this stuff, look it up online, because just like picking up weed for people, people always asking you the same question gets annoying after a couple years. (not to be rude, it's just people are always asking me what Tourette's is in real life too, and it's very hard to explain to someone who doesn't have it.)youngweezy wrote:not to be like mean or cruel but isnt tourrettes when you cant stop cursing? or am i thinkin of somethin else?
~Twitch~
Those who know me know me well. I shout, I twitch, I scream, I yell.
My disorder would normally put me through hell; if it weren’t for that herb they call pot.
My disorder would normally put me through hell; if it weren’t for that herb they call pot.
-
~Twitch~
- Casual toker

- Posts: 32
- Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:32 am
- Location: Somewhere in the bush, Ontario.
- Contact:
Default
Don't worry, I'm not easily offended. Tourette's is a "neurological disorder", in other words, disorder of the brain. And oddly, I hear people saying that's what tourette's is too, but compulsive swearing is called coprilalia (no idea how to spell it) and people often confuse that with TS because a lot of people that have TS have it also. Along with TS, I also have OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and ADHD. I also have a small abnormality (for lack of a better word) called echolalia which is the same idea as coprilalia except it's the compulsive repeating of words, sentences, etc. For instance, someone might say something to me that stuck in my head, and I might walk down the street repeating it in my head, or sometimes out loud. If you want anymore information about this stuff, look it up online, because just like picking up weed for people, people always asking you the same question gets annoying after a couple years. (not to be rude, it's just people are always asking me what Tourette's is in real life too, and it's very hard to explain to someone who doesn't have it.)youngweezy wrote:not to be like mean or cruel but isnt tourrettes when you cant stop cursing? or am i thinkin of somethin else?
~Twitch~
Those who know me know me well. I shout, I twitch, I scream, I yell.
My disorder would normally put me through hell; if it weren’t for that herb they call pot.
My disorder would normally put me through hell; if it weren’t for that herb they call pot.
-
~Twitch~
- Casual toker

- Posts: 32
- Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:32 am
- Location: Somewhere in the bush, Ontario.
- Contact:
Sorry
Sorry about the triple post, it displayed some error screen about not being able to "insert word matches" or something, that's why I tried sending it three times. The x icon isn't showing up by the message, only the"edit" and "quote" icons... Otherwise I'd delete the extras myself.
Those who know me know me well. I shout, I twitch, I scream, I yell.
My disorder would normally put me through hell; if it weren’t for that herb they call pot.
My disorder would normally put me through hell; if it weren’t for that herb they call pot.
- Dr. Greenthumb
- Stoned Immaculate

- Posts: 8112
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
- Contact:
Yeah dont worry the site has been having some problems that should be resolved soon.
As for the tourettes thing I also thought it was frequent swearing because the lady in 'deuce bigalow male jigalow' had tourettes and she would randomly scream out 'ballsweat' but thanks for clearing that up its good to have that straight. well I wont ask you any more questions, but if marijuana helps with your problem then keep on toking
As for the tourettes thing I also thought it was frequent swearing because the lady in 'deuce bigalow male jigalow' had tourettes and she would randomly scream out 'ballsweat' but thanks for clearing that up its good to have that straight. well I wont ask you any more questions, but if marijuana helps with your problem then keep on toking
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
-Charlie Kelly
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users