Straightedge Friends...
Moderator: Moderators
-
rusianrocket321
- Casual toker

- Posts: 96
- Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:21 pm
- Contact:
Straightedge Friends...
Yea so at my highschool a lot of the kids there and most of my friends know I smoke and shit...but I also have a few good friends that are reallly against weed...and that kinda annoys me but they are still my friends...now I'm just not sure how to handle the whole situation....hide it, tell em, idk...kind of a lame problem I know but still if anyone has any advice/experience with it, maybe post some ideas for me.
- Dr. Greenthumb
- Stoned Immaculate

- Posts: 8112
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
- Contact:
You dont have to advertise that you smoke but if it comes up dont lie to them and explain what you enjoy about it and ask them why they think its so bad. Just because you disagree on something doesnt mean you guys cant be friends.
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
-Charlie Kelly
-
rusianrocket321
- Casual toker

- Posts: 96
- Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:21 pm
- Contact:
-
Darth Inhaler
- Bonghead

- Posts: 454
- Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:58 am
- Location: Connecticut
- Contact:
One of my best friend whom I've known for about...9 years is REALLY straightedge...he won't even take a SIP of alchohol. I told him I smoked when he asked and he said he doesn't care as long as it doesn't affect our friendship which is hasn't.
My other best friend was REALLY anti drug. He found out I smoked and threatened to never talk to me again and he was serious. Then he realized how much of his shit I deal with and came around. A couple months later we went to a friends house to drink and there was pot there and he tried it all on his own, no pressure at all. Now me and him smoke all the time together and we trip together too.
I had another good friend who found out I smoked and never spoke to me again.
It all really depends on the person, if they choose not to talk to you or to hate you then they were never really your friend. Your true friends will still be around no matter what you do. If my best friend started doing heroin I'd tell him how I felt about it but I wouldn't be like STOP OR I WON'T TALK TO YOU.
My other best friend was REALLY anti drug. He found out I smoked and threatened to never talk to me again and he was serious. Then he realized how much of his shit I deal with and came around. A couple months later we went to a friends house to drink and there was pot there and he tried it all on his own, no pressure at all. Now me and him smoke all the time together and we trip together too.
I had another good friend who found out I smoked and never spoke to me again.
It all really depends on the person, if they choose not to talk to you or to hate you then they were never really your friend. Your true friends will still be around no matter what you do. If my best friend started doing heroin I'd tell him how I felt about it but I wouldn't be like STOP OR I WON'T TALK TO YOU.
I think drugs have done some good things for us, and if you don't believe me, do me a favor. Go home tonight and burn all your albums, tapes, and cd's. Because the musicians who made all that great music...rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreal fucking high on drugs.
-
mirage223
- Casual toker

- Posts: 96
- Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:06 pm
- Contact:
Hey dude I'm in the same boat as you. I love toking but most of my closest friends wont touch it. So I have to keep my toking and best friends seperate.
Friends ALWAYS come first but sometimes it sucks and can be a pain in the ass. I spend so much time with the my best friend and I don't like to smoke around him since I know he doesn't really like it, but he respects me smoking so he would never say anything. But I still try not to smoke around him because its disrespectful to him.
None of my friends have stopped talking to me because of weed. That would be pretty shitty of them since I try pretty hard to keep weed and friends seperate.
I won't smoke if I'm going to be hanging out with my best friend because I think that'd be an asshole move of me.
Don't let people make you feel like an ass because you toke. If someone really wants to de-friend you because of it, fuck them they aren't worth it. I respect my friends for not smoking and they respect me for keeping it seperate from them, I like it that way.
Friends ALWAYS come first but sometimes it sucks and can be a pain in the ass. I spend so much time with the my best friend and I don't like to smoke around him since I know he doesn't really like it, but he respects me smoking so he would never say anything. But I still try not to smoke around him because its disrespectful to him.
None of my friends have stopped talking to me because of weed. That would be pretty shitty of them since I try pretty hard to keep weed and friends seperate.
I won't smoke if I'm going to be hanging out with my best friend because I think that'd be an asshole move of me.
Don't let people make you feel like an ass because you toke. If someone really wants to de-friend you because of it, fuck them they aren't worth it. I respect my friends for not smoking and they respect me for keeping it seperate from them, I like it that way.
-
rusianrocket321
- Casual toker

- Posts: 96
- Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:21 pm
- Contact:
-
Squares
- Bonghead

- Posts: 186
- Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:56 pm
- Location: Watford - England
Most of my close mates arent stoners. so yeah ive had to find other people to toke with and my mates are cool with that. In fact the only real problem ive had with straightedge people was an ex of mine who dumped me after a year and a half cos i wouldnt quit toking, which kinda sucked, but that way i see it is that you shouldnt have to change for your mates or other halves. cos thats just plain crap.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c125/Chazzymodo/scream2.jpg[/img]
"Reality is for people who can't face drugs"
....and have a nice day.
"Reality is for people who can't face drugs"
....and have a nice day.
-
pip0r
- Casual toker

- Posts: 22
- Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:54 pm
- Contact:
-
weedguru tom
- ← i ♥ weed →

- Posts: 7448
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
- Contact:
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users