@ Higher&Higher

Chat about sports you watch or partake in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru Anex
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:58 pm
Location: Clinging to the antlers of the midnight sun
Contact:

@ Higher&Higher

Post by Weedguru Anex »

It is you that does body building isn't it? I couldn't find the thread so not sure?

Anyways, if it is, I was wondering if you could give me sum tips on strengthening my chest and abs back up again? I used to do alot of climbing but I popped a muscle in my solar plexis and my stomach down the right side (absolutely nothing prepares you for the strain of climbing :lol: ) and I had to give up virtually everything for a bit (even laughing cuz it hurt too much) but that was about 7 months ago now so its totally heeled. Thing is I can't go straight back in to it cuz I'm totally out of shape now so I need to strenthen my chest and I need to SERIOUSLY build up my stomach again because a hell of alot of climbing comes from the stomach rather than arms or legs.
This is all baring in mind I have no access to a gym here :cry: so anything around the housey or whatever would be good.
Cheers
You people voted for Hubert Humphrey and you killed Jesus
User avatar
Safari Hunter
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 10:35 pm
Location: Dunno- I'm as lost as a cherry in an apple-pie.
Contact:

Post by Safari Hunter »

situps/cruches/pushups

sometimes the simplest methods give the best results.
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Higher »

ya, that's me that does bodybuilding.

Okay, well first off, do you have a set of dumbells and or barbells at home? If you do then I'll go into detail about exercises you can do. If you don't have any then you can do push ups for the chest. If you have a type a bench or stool or something then do push ups with your feet up on the bench. I makes them much harder. For abs you can do leg raises and the good old sit up. But I really suggets that if you don't have dumbells, get some. THey're not expensive and they're well worth it. Then you can do exercises like bench press, flyes, dips, pullovers etc and all in the comfort of your own home. THere are guys who take stuff like blocks of cement or bags of potaotes instead of weights..you can rig up pulley systems and stuff if ya want!
Image
User avatar
imNOTajunkie!
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:51 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by imNOTajunkie! »

so you smoke weed, but yet you are a body builder?????



THATS MAD!!!


one of my bros friends is a body builder, and he gets angry at me for smoking cigarettes, let alone choof!
Am i???
jonny cockeral
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6131
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Newcastle, England
Contact:

Post by jonny cockeral »

yeah i found it hard to believe but then i saw a photo.
Cameron.
Weedguru Anex
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:58 pm
Location: Clinging to the antlers of the midnight sun
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Anex »

Nah I haven't cuz I was always worried they would add mass to my body but I need to keep light framed, its quite a delicate balance. I used to mainly do chin ups cuz that pulls the chest, biceps, tri etc. etc. but I can't do them in this crappy room.

Will I be able to use the bells without actually building up loads cuz I'll get some then.
You people voted for Hubert Humphrey and you killed Jesus
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Higher »

Yes you can. You just have to train for strenghth, not mass. It's in the way you do your sets, and how much weight you put on. Just do lighter sets, and concentrate on toning. You can add strenghth to your muscles without putting on tons of heavy mass.

And ya, I work out and smoke weed :D . It's not ideal health wise but.....
Image
Weedguru Anex
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:58 pm
Location: Clinging to the antlers of the midnight sun
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Anex »

Cool I shall order some this afternoon then.
What should I be looking to lift and how often? I weigh around 10 stone.
You people voted for Hubert Humphrey and you killed Jesus
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Higher »

what the heck is a stone ? I'm Canadian remember? LOL!
Image
User avatar
ROCCO69
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 421
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2003 11:36 am
Location: MANCHESTER ENGLAND
Contact:

Post by ROCCO69 »

:wink: three sets of between 15 & 20 reps. always do a very light warm up set just to get the blood flowing. you will know by the feel if its to heavy. good tip dont throw your body behind the rep or your not using the muscle correct.
GO SHORTY ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY
( COME AN GET BIG POPPA BEAR )
Weedguru Anex
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:58 pm
Location: Clinging to the antlers of the midnight sun
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Anex »

What are reps?

Higher: Around 63Kg then and I'm about 1m 75 tall if that makes a difference?
You people voted for Hubert Humphrey and you killed Jesus
User avatar
ROCCO69
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 421
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2003 11:36 am
Location: MANCHESTER ENGLAND
Contact:

Post by ROCCO69 »

:wink: a rep is just the amount of lifts you do
GO SHORTY ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY
( COME AN GET BIG POPPA BEAR )
Weedguru Anex
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:58 pm
Location: Clinging to the antlers of the midnight sun
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Anex »

Ah right, cheers. Looking forward to going getting back into it but my body just won't take it atm.
You people voted for Hubert Humphrey and you killed Jesus
jonny cockeral
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6131
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Newcastle, England
Contact:

Post by jonny cockeral »

stone's are in the same family of oz's and pounds too, im suprised you didnt know this.
Cameron.
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Higher »

I knew the stone was in the same family, but didn't know how much it was
Image
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users