Unbearable Tolerance

The place to chat about drugs other than marijuana

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Midnight Toker
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3463
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:55 pm
Location: England

Unbearable Tolerance

Post by Midnight Toker »

I suppose this belongs here.

Has anyone else noticed that they are building up an worryingly high tolerance to alcohol?

I hadn't really thought about it that much before tonight. I know can drink alot, but drink so much i still end up wasted, so this thought never really occured to me. But tonight, i had nothing to do cuz i have to save money for New Years Eve tommorow, so i'm just chilling at home with a few beers. When i say a few, i mean a crate.

I am now on my 13th bottle of Kronenbourg and feel nothing but a light buzz. To think that a year ago that would have knocked me out, that, to me, is worrying.

I know i drink too much but, as a teenager, i think that's ok cuz most of us do, but to think that a month before i even become legally able to drink in the UK i can pile away 13 beers without a second thought cannot bode well for the future. More importantly, it's very expensive. There was a time i would go out, spend a fiver on 8 beers and that'd do me for the night. Now, i drink that much before I even hit the clubs.

Having just finished reading George Best's autobiography, i have been thinking alot about the road to alcoholism, and if his life is anything to go by, then i am firmly on the wrong path. Even he did not drink this much at such a young age. I'm not saying i'm going to become an alcoholic, because i belive i have the strength of mind to quit whenever I want, as i did with cigarettes after 5 years of determined smoking, and with relative ease. But the thought is always there, because i wanted to quit cigarettes, but i have no intention of quitting alcohol just yet.

Anyone else beginning to feel this way?
[img]http://img155.exs.cx/img155/7595/tillijk2ss.png[/img]

''I spent alot of money on booze, birds
and fast cars. The rest i just squandered.'' - George Best
Duke Raoul
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:57 am
Location: europe
Contact:

Post by Duke Raoul »

I don't drink often now...just few times a year. But when I was younger there were periods when we were drunk few times a week acctually, and the tolerance was huge...but....13 beers and you just feel a buzz...damn...
[img]http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7020/aaaaaaa9kg.jpg[/img]

hash stonehenge...
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users