THC must be heated?

New to cannabis?? Learn the ropes in here...

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Fuse
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:22 am
Location: GA
Contact:

THC must be heated?

Post by Fuse »

I remember someone saying weed had to be heated to activate the THC or you wouldnt get hight, which is why you have to cook it somehow rather than just eating the bud.

But then I remember people saying THC is only active for a limited time, as in one that can be measured in seconds, before it will no longer get you high.

So how can you get high off of baked weed like brownies? These facts lead me to believe cooking would activate the THC and it would wear off long before it was cooled enough to even eat.

I know thats not the case, so what am I missing here?
Wooderson - "Say, man, you got a joint?"
Mitch - "No, not on me, man."
Wooderson - "It'd be a lot cooler if you did."
I AM ADAM
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu May 01, 2003 1:13 am
Contact:

Post by I AM ADAM »

when you cook brownies or whatever with weed you dont just throw weed in it. You simmer oil or butter with the ground up pot in it. Tetrahydracannibinol is an alcohol (hence cannabinOL) and alcohols are fat soluable. When the thc is activated and heated out of the buds, it gets trapped in the oil or butter. So it stays active.
An Epic Man Of Legend
Fuse
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:22 am
Location: GA
Contact:

Post by Fuse »

Ah, allright. Thaks for the science lesson. 8)
Wooderson - "Say, man, you got a joint?"
Mitch - "No, not on me, man."
Wooderson - "It'd be a lot cooler if you did."
Satanus0
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 11:38 pm
Location: United States, PA
Contact:

Post by Satanus0 »

how much weed do u need anyway for a batch of brownies for like 3 people
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/Satanus0/TR166-metalhead-dos.jpg[/img]
! Keep It Metal Or Perish !
canadianbud
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2157
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:52 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contact:

Post by canadianbud »

i think like a gram-1.5 per person does the trick in baking.
[img]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1552/img0969am8.jpg[/img]
"My memories will always be lots of beauty and warmth from grass. Well, that was my life and I don't feel ashamed at all. Mary Jane, honey, you sure was good ..." ~ Louis Armstrong
I AM ADAM
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu May 01, 2003 1:13 am
Contact:

Post by I AM ADAM »

my friend made a batch of brownies with a quarter a few days ago. I tried one and didnt feel anything but my friends said they were fucked up. A quarter would definitely work if you and your friends didnt mind eating a whole thing of brownies to 3 people.

I made cookies once with my friend cyrus, after they were done we came to the horrifying realization that we each needed to eat like 10 big cookies.

your better off to make it very strong, like a half, and just eat one brownie at a time and save them, or even sell them.
An Epic Man Of Legend
canadianbud
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2157
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:52 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contact:

Post by canadianbud »

or he can just reduce the number of brownies he's making, so 5 grams except only 3 brownies, so they'r just really potent.
[img]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1552/img0969am8.jpg[/img]
"My memories will always be lots of beauty and warmth from grass. Well, that was my life and I don't feel ashamed at all. Mary Jane, honey, you sure was good ..." ~ Louis Armstrong
Satanus0
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 11:38 pm
Location: United States, PA
Contact:

Post by Satanus0 »

so about a gram per person...on average...okay then ill remember that thanx
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/Satanus0/TR166-metalhead-dos.jpg[/img]
! Keep It Metal Or Perish !
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users