Don't Be A Menace!

Got an opinion on a movie? Stick it in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Cheeba
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1487
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:54 pm
Location: Essex, England UK
Contact:

Don't Be A Menace!

Post by Cheeba »

This film is good, I watched it one time at a friends house whilst I was really really fucked!!!
I can't remember much from it, but I am downloading it as we speak, I remember some real funny parts of it.
This is the synopsis:
The Wayans brothers, responsible for 'Scary Movie' and the spot-on parody 'I'm Gonna Get You Sucka', turn their attention to the Hood films with this tale of two listless buddies and their adventures. Ashtray (Shawn Wayans) returns back to his hood and hooks up with long time buddy Loc Dog (Marlon Wayans). Together the two find themselves in all sorts of crazy situations and having to deal with some very bizarre family members. One to be watched with a big group of friends late at night.
It is a parody of the gangster film "Menace To Society"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Make this right mayne, stop at the light mayne, my yesternight thang got me hung off the night train."
Funk Doctor
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6636
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 4:24 pm
Location: Above the clouds

Post by Funk Doctor »

"Hurry up and buy!" :lol:
BUDA
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3849
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:33 pm

Post by BUDA »

lolol
slurpee mofo
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:54 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Re: Don't Be A Menace!

Post by slurpee mofo »

It is a parody of the gangster film "Menace To Society"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I always thought it was a parody of "Boyz n the Hood" :?:
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/junglekyle/siggy.jpg[/img]
Funk Doctor
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6636
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 4:24 pm
Location: Above the clouds

Re: Don't Be A Menace!

Post by Funk Doctor »

slurpee mofo wrote:
It is a parody of the gangster film "Menace To Society"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I always thought it was a parody of "Boyz n the Hood" :?:
Read the title

Don't Be A Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood
slurpee mofo
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:54 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Post by slurpee mofo »

All movies spoofed in this movie, off imdb.com
The Exorcist (1973)
Apocalypse Now (1979)
Back to the Future (1985)
Stand by Me (1986)
Full Metal Jacket (1987)
Madonna: The Immaculate Collection (1990) (V)
Boyz n the Hood (1991)
Juice (1992)
South Central (1992)
Body of Evidence (1993)
Menace II Society (1993)
RoboCop 3 (1993)
Poetic Justice (1993)
Higher Learning (1995)
Dead Presidents (1995)
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/junglekyle/siggy.jpg[/img]
tweedle

Post by tweedle »

I remember the first time I watched this, it was like 3 a.m. on a school night, I must of been only 12, the name was so long I couldnt remember it until I saw it again a couple years later
Scratch
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1350
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:46 am
Location: inhale...exhaleee..
Contact:

Post by Scratch »

"We were arrested for being black on a friday night" lol
Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3686
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside »

After the kid gets drive - by'd at the beginning...

"My Baby, My Baaaaaby!!"

"Ma'am, that ain't yo baby."

"Well ain't that some shit!!"
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.
weedguru tom
← i ♥ weed →
←  i ♥ weed  →
Posts: 7448
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
Contact:

Post by weedguru tom »

got that shit on dvd, funny as hell.
Midnight Toker
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3463
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:55 pm
Location: England

Post by Midnight Toker »

''Now kids, what do we say to a man that Mommy just met?''
''Are you my daddy?''

Quality film, funny as fuck.
[img]http://img155.exs.cx/img155/7595/tillijk2ss.png[/img]

''I spent alot of money on booze, birds
and fast cars. The rest i just squandered.'' - George Best
astramasta
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:03 pm
Location: Sheffield, UK
Contact:

Post by astramasta »

tweedle wrote:I remember the first time I watched this, it was like 3 a.m. on a school night, I must of been only 12, the name was so long I couldnt remember it until I saw it again a couple years later
that is fucking weird man, i swear i was going to type that exact same thing, i also saw this film at 3 am when i was younger, and couldnt remember the title for years lol!
that is fucking weird man.
excuse me if i speak shit, im probably battered!
shoe
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 283
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:03 am
Location: wherever theres weed for the smoking
Contact:

Post by shoe »

this movie has way too many funny scenes to write down here, if you havent seen it YOU MUST GO SEE IT NOW funny as hell
[quote="captainMorton"]too bad chuck norris never cries, his tears cure cancer.[/quote]
Weed-iculous
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 820
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:28 am
Location: New jersey

Post by Weed-iculous »

I saw it on comcast on demand a couple nights ago...i usually hate all "black" movies, but this was pretty funny.
The Poster formerly knowns as Rockin-da-grange
[img]http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v252/elpedro/cha.jpg[/img]
jackmullen47
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:05 am
Contact:

Post by jackmullen47 »

Weed-iculous wrote:I saw it on comcast on demand a couple nights ago...i usually hate all "black" movies, but this was pretty funny.
stfu



MESSAGE
[img]http://dirt-cs.net/noisy/sig_jackv2.jpg[/img]
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users