Veganism?
Moderator: Moderators
-
weedguru_animals queen
- Casual toker

- Posts: 77
- Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:43 am
- Location: australia
- Contact:
Veganism?
i have decided to become a vegan because i care so much about animals and nature....but now raises a debate.
what do you think is natural and what isnt?
i think all elements of nature, wether is be weed or vegetables are things from nature and there is nothing wrong with using them! But to me, i dont think we need animals to eat to survive anymore, maybe when we were cavemen...but not in todays society!!
when u eat meat it takes two weeks to completly get thro ur system....is that natural? to digest rotten meat? have we eveolved to eat meat? most animals have.....but have we?
let us know ur thoughts!
xxxx
peace please
what do you think is natural and what isnt?
i think all elements of nature, wether is be weed or vegetables are things from nature and there is nothing wrong with using them! But to me, i dont think we need animals to eat to survive anymore, maybe when we were cavemen...but not in todays society!!
when u eat meat it takes two weeks to completly get thro ur system....is that natural? to digest rotten meat? have we eveolved to eat meat? most animals have.....but have we?
let us know ur thoughts!
xxxx
peace please
animal's my man, and i'm his queen,
obey me and i wont get mean......
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/weedguru_animal/octoberlady011.jpg[/img]
obey me and i wont get mean......
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/weedguru_animal/octoberlady011.jpg[/img]
-
Smokin Joe
- Bonghead

- Posts: 248
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:29 am
- Location: California
- Contact:
Of course we've evolved to eat meat. It's the reason our brains were able to grow to the size they are today. I'm not against the vegetarian/vegan ideals, but they're certainly not for me. Yeah, we don't NEED to eat meat, but there's a lot of things I don't NEED to do. I don't need to smoke weed. I don't need to get on the internet. I don't need to party. But if we only did things that we needed to do and things that didn't hurt anyone or anything else, what a drab existence this would be.
"They call me Mellow Yellow, quite rightly"
-
cutthecashflow
- Intellecutally Wasted

- Posts: 7747
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
- Location: Home of the Sioux!
- Contact:
-
weedguru tom
- ← i ♥ weed →

- Posts: 7448
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
- Contact:
for one, we have cainine teeth, why else would we have them? but for tearing flesh, and our back teeth are flat for chewing plants/meat, my gf's mom used to be a social worker and she had to deal with people that didnt give there baby child the right foods, as they wanted it to be vegan liek your self, the child died.
- Tr0n
- Herbal Assassin

- Posts: 742
- Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:12 pm
- Contact:
-
MarleyBoi
- Bonghead

- Posts: 284
- Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:16 pm
- Location: CC
- Contact:
- clashcityrocker
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2419
- Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:14 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
If you are vegetarian, thats cool I guess, but you had better find a way to get protien in your diet somehow..
Its VEGANS That dont really make sense, theres nothing wrong with dairy, and if you honestly believe its enslavement of cows then that is ridiculous, It IS possible to live in peace with our animal friends, (wow, im such a ****ing hippy) ever hear of species mutually helping eachother? Its usually a case of a parasite and a host more or less, and there are good reason for the host to keep the parasite around. In OUR case, the cows are the parasite. farmers feed them and keep them alive and we recieve dairy products. Cows will give milk anyway, Go play Harvest Moon and learn a thing or 2 you stupid bastards. Vegans definetly have respectable morals though...
Just don't join PETA, and everything will be fine.
Its VEGANS That dont really make sense, theres nothing wrong with dairy, and if you honestly believe its enslavement of cows then that is ridiculous, It IS possible to live in peace with our animal friends, (wow, im such a ****ing hippy) ever hear of species mutually helping eachother? Its usually a case of a parasite and a host more or less, and there are good reason for the host to keep the parasite around. In OUR case, the cows are the parasite. farmers feed them and keep them alive and we recieve dairy products. Cows will give milk anyway, Go play Harvest Moon and learn a thing or 2 you stupid bastards. Vegans definetly have respectable morals though...
Just don't join PETA, and everything will be fine.
[img]http://piglet.techno.org/images/funny.gif[/img]
CCR presents: The Lord of the Rings, portrayed by noobbz
CCR presents: The Lord of the Rings, portrayed by noobbz
-
riff
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1147
- Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:32 pm
- Location: England
- Contact:
That's true they would give milk if there was no demand for it but the cows would not be cruely manipulated to maximise production. The link below shows how a lot of meat and dairy products are produced.clashcityrocker wrote:Cows will give milk anyway
IT IS A GRAPHIC FILM WITH SCENES OF ANIMAL CRUELTY!!!!!!!! You've been warned so don't complain. You don't have to watch it, but you can't make an educated desicion without knowing the facts.
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=mym2002
Edit- I appreciate PETA do not have a good reputation and everything so don't point that out. The fact is this stuff is happening, if you disagree with it then do something about it, if not carrying eating meat I've got no problem with that. I'm not trying to offend meat eaters.
Look into my eye!
[img]http://compute2.shodor.org/mandy/cnew_archive/1920.gif[/img]
[img]http://compute2.shodor.org/mandy/cnew_archive/1920.gif[/img]
- clashcityrocker
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2419
- Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:14 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Yeah I understand what you mean. at Markets like Haggens though (A grocery store right next to my house) they have milk jugs with labels on them that say that the milk comes from cows naturally without giving them some sort of drug to jack up the amount of milk they give. I dont even know if that hurts them or not. I could only get the video you linked me to to play for 5 seconds but Ive seen it before. Its more about animal fur right?
anyway I dont really listen to anything PETA says... ive grown to learn to just ignore em pretty much.
anyway I dont really listen to anything PETA says... ive grown to learn to just ignore em pretty much.
[img]http://piglet.techno.org/images/funny.gif[/img]
CCR presents: The Lord of the Rings, portrayed by noobbz
CCR presents: The Lord of the Rings, portrayed by noobbz
-
cutthecashflow
- Intellecutally Wasted

- Posts: 7747
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
- Location: Home of the Sioux!
- Contact:
Peta came here once to the state capital building to put on a seminar about killing cows. Well all the local farmers went to this seminar and had one huge free barbecue they just made steaks all day long and ate them right in front of the Peta people I found it funny.
Get busy living or get busy dying.
-
Caro
- Ganja God

- Posts: 6174
- Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:22 am
- Location: Possibly in the bathtub... God bless wireless internet!
- Contact:
Sweetie this is the wrong place.... not much love or support for this topic here.
I used to care. I'm still vegetarian but I no longer agree with vegan values. All you who turn a blind eye to the cruelty involved in producing meat, dairy, eggs and household products are buying the lies of the animal agriculture industry. Why don't you face the sick truth and continue to support the industry, as I do, instead of making ignorant statements which make you feel better? Animals are mutilated and tortured to produce our goods. It won't stop and I no longer care.
My vegan friends can't understand me or my position, but I have a new outlook on death. Take the monkey in a tiny cage, who is confined and being stabbed with a needle every day. This monkey helps to make a vaccine which saves human life, but the monkey doesn't know that. All he knows is that he suffers. His suffering makes no sense in his miserable world. It only makes rational sense in the human world, which is higher than the animal world. The pig valve in my grandmother's heart means that she doesn't have to take blood thinners, which prolongs her life. She is more important than the pig whose life was sacrificed to save her. Likewise, your dinner may very well be more important than the suffering, confinement, torture and death of countless, helpless farm animals. Do animals suffer to produce the dairy products and shampoo that I use? Absolutely. Are they suffering more than my mother was when I told her both of her sons are dead? I don't think so. Looking at my baby brother's dead body made me realize that when a human dies it is an entirely different affair. I don't care about the animals that die because at least their deaths make sense, have a reason, have a good outcome. It doesn't make sense to them, and it sucks for them, but somewhere a stoner is enjoying a chicken sandwich and by God, that's okay with me. Farm animals can't comprehend their suffering, just as I can't comprehend the death of my brothers. My suffering and their deaths seem totally senseless to me. Like the monkey in a cage, my suffering makes sense only in another, larger reality which I cannot comprehend. In that realm, the suffering are God's chosen. Life and death is the way of the world. It is sick and disgusting, the sheer numbers and horrors for the animals, but necessary. People want to eat meat, eggs and dairy, and there are billions of people, so billions of animals must be produced to feed them. This can hardly be accomplished humanely. The main reason why I am no longer vegan is because I think people are more important than animals, and as absurd as it may sound coming from me, your life is so precious and short that you should not eschew meat or dairy or Proctor and Gamble products if they bring you pleasure, regardless of the pain, suffering, torture, mutilation and sadness that countless animals feel as a result of your consumer habits.
I used to care. I'm still vegetarian but I no longer agree with vegan values. All you who turn a blind eye to the cruelty involved in producing meat, dairy, eggs and household products are buying the lies of the animal agriculture industry. Why don't you face the sick truth and continue to support the industry, as I do, instead of making ignorant statements which make you feel better? Animals are mutilated and tortured to produce our goods. It won't stop and I no longer care.
My vegan friends can't understand me or my position, but I have a new outlook on death. Take the monkey in a tiny cage, who is confined and being stabbed with a needle every day. This monkey helps to make a vaccine which saves human life, but the monkey doesn't know that. All he knows is that he suffers. His suffering makes no sense in his miserable world. It only makes rational sense in the human world, which is higher than the animal world. The pig valve in my grandmother's heart means that she doesn't have to take blood thinners, which prolongs her life. She is more important than the pig whose life was sacrificed to save her. Likewise, your dinner may very well be more important than the suffering, confinement, torture and death of countless, helpless farm animals. Do animals suffer to produce the dairy products and shampoo that I use? Absolutely. Are they suffering more than my mother was when I told her both of her sons are dead? I don't think so. Looking at my baby brother's dead body made me realize that when a human dies it is an entirely different affair. I don't care about the animals that die because at least their deaths make sense, have a reason, have a good outcome. It doesn't make sense to them, and it sucks for them, but somewhere a stoner is enjoying a chicken sandwich and by God, that's okay with me. Farm animals can't comprehend their suffering, just as I can't comprehend the death of my brothers. My suffering and their deaths seem totally senseless to me. Like the monkey in a cage, my suffering makes sense only in another, larger reality which I cannot comprehend. In that realm, the suffering are God's chosen. Life and death is the way of the world. It is sick and disgusting, the sheer numbers and horrors for the animals, but necessary. People want to eat meat, eggs and dairy, and there are billions of people, so billions of animals must be produced to feed them. This can hardly be accomplished humanely. The main reason why I am no longer vegan is because I think people are more important than animals, and as absurd as it may sound coming from me, your life is so precious and short that you should not eschew meat or dairy or Proctor and Gamble products if they bring you pleasure, regardless of the pain, suffering, torture, mutilation and sadness that countless animals feel as a result of your consumer habits.
[img]http://a.im.craigslist.org/wb/wN/JlAJzS6s36uxWLoTVAezHhtGuWqk.jpg[/img][img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Denverbroncofrk/weedgurucopy.jpg[/img]
-
layabout guy
- Herbal Assassin

- Posts: 730
- Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:41 am
- Location: Place With Trees
- Contact:
Argee 100% on that bit. Sad to say but i looked at that peta video and thought nothing of the treatment of the animals more of how bad they would taste, in other words if i dont have an emotional connection with something or someone i dont care to muchWeedguru Caro wrote:Likewise, your dinner may very well be more important than the suffering, confinement, torture and death of countless, helpless farm animals.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/layabout_guy/fuckriaa.jpg[/img]
-"If god doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you"
I love Caro
-"If god doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you"
I love Caro
- clashcityrocker
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2419
- Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:14 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Wow caro, great post Its crazy to think how theres just hundreds of cows in some factory waiting in a building to be shredded up and mixed with who knows what and sent to Mcdonalds, but I dont get what you mean by animals suffer to produce dairy products (Im pretty much only talking about cows.) Someone earlier said they are drugged or something to 'maximize production' and it sucks that happens to but I dont know how many farmers do it, or if the cows can even notice it or not. People have to get their food from somewhere though, if everyone started eating plants I wonder if soon the worlds oxygen supply would run out... that would be a little ironic
[img]http://piglet.techno.org/images/funny.gif[/img]
CCR presents: The Lord of the Rings, portrayed by noobbz
CCR presents: The Lord of the Rings, portrayed by noobbz
-
Caro
- Ganja God

- Posts: 6174
- Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:22 am
- Location: Possibly in the bathtub... God bless wireless internet!
- Contact:
clashcityrocker wrote:Wow caro, great post Its crazy to think how theres just hundreds of cows in some factory waiting in a building to be shredded up and mixed with who knows what and sent to Mcdonalds, but I dont get what you mean by animals suffer to produce dairy products (Im pretty much only talking about cows.)



MM mmm dairy.
[img]http://a.im.craigslist.org/wb/wN/JlAJzS6s36uxWLoTVAezHhtGuWqk.jpg[/img][img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Denverbroncofrk/weedgurucopy.jpg[/img]
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users