Veganism?
Moderator: Moderators
-
Funk Doctor
- Ganja God

- Posts: 6636
- Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 4:24 pm
- Location: Above the clouds
-
cutthecashflow
- Intellecutally Wasted

- Posts: 7747
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
- Location: Home of the Sioux!
- Contact:
[quote=
Killing animals isn't natural!![/quote]
Dude Honestly eat what you wanna eat I dont care. But Killing animals for food is very very natural. How do you think we went to the top of the food chain. We kicked those animals asses and became the highest on the food chain. If we werent eating them theyd be eating us. I dont want to get eaten so thats why I eat meat.
Killing animals isn't natural!![/quote]
Dude Honestly eat what you wanna eat I dont care. But Killing animals for food is very very natural. How do you think we went to the top of the food chain. We kicked those animals asses and became the highest on the food chain. If we werent eating them theyd be eating us. I dont want to get eaten so thats why I eat meat.
Get busy living or get busy dying.
-
riff
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1147
- Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:32 pm
- Location: England
- Contact:
cutthecashflow wrote:Go into the lions den at a Zoo and see who eats who. I know you could use a gun to kill it but there weren't guns around back in the day when the food chain was being determined. I know there have been clubs or whatever since the day of the cavemen, but I wouldn't fancy my chances against several animals with that!Killing animals isn't natural!![/quote wrote:
Dude Honestly eat what you wanna eat I dont care. But Killing animals for food is very very natural. How do you think we went to the top of the food chain. We kicked those animals asses and became the highest on the food chain. If we werent eating them theyd be eating us. I dont want to get eaten so thats why I eat meat.
Look into my eye!
[img]http://compute2.shodor.org/mandy/cnew_archive/1920.gif[/img]
[img]http://compute2.shodor.org/mandy/cnew_archive/1920.gif[/img]
-
cutthecashflow
- Intellecutally Wasted

- Posts: 7747
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
- Location: Home of the Sioux!
- Contact:
Thats why we are on top though technology we have the most advanced brains . Which should give us the right to decide what we eat. Animals are not civilized. I would not eat a dog or a cat or a horse or anything like that leave domesticated alone.(Cept for cows there just dumb and taste good.) But im saying if I want to eat something that is wild and not used for the benifits of human other than food consumption That should be just fine and dandy. Now I dont disrespect any views the only thing that bothers me is when people tell me I shouldnt eat meat. Not saying you said that though riff.
Get busy living or get busy dying.
-
layabout guy
- Herbal Assassin

- Posts: 730
- Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:41 am
- Location: Place With Trees
- Contact:
-
weedguru_animals queen
- Casual toker

- Posts: 77
- Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:43 am
- Location: australia
- Contact:
eating meet might be natural for some people, but the torturing of animals isnt...when cavemen killed, they did not spend days torturing animals. They ate to survive.....but we have soooo much food available to us today, is torturing animals to maximize production necessary to survive?
your choice belongs to you, but lets face the fact that the way a lot of it is done is unethical.
and again, i dont think we are on top of the food chain, animals like great white sharks are much more powerfull than us.....just without guns.
here a way of explaining this....when u watch rugby next to american football, alot of people say that its better because they have less padding and all. Well if we had no guns then i think we'd be in trouble.....no?
your choice belongs to you, but lets face the fact that the way a lot of it is done is unethical.
and again, i dont think we are on top of the food chain, animals like great white sharks are much more powerfull than us.....just without guns.
here a way of explaining this....when u watch rugby next to american football, alot of people say that its better because they have less padding and all. Well if we had no guns then i think we'd be in trouble.....no?
animal's my man, and i'm his queen,
obey me and i wont get mean......
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/weedguru_animal/octoberlady011.jpg[/img]
obey me and i wont get mean......
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/weedguru_animal/octoberlady011.jpg[/img]
-
Caro
- Ganja God

- Posts: 6174
- Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:22 am
- Location: Possibly in the bathtub... God bless wireless internet!
- Contact:
-
cutthecashflow
- Intellecutally Wasted

- Posts: 7747
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
- Location: Home of the Sioux!
- Contact:
Sorry but I totally disagree with you. Even if we had no guns we still have the brains we would have other methods of surviving and other methods of trapping and hunting. As for torturing I agree totally with you on that animals shouldnt be tortured but if animals werent killed for meat there would be an overpopulation of animals in the world and things would be chaotic. Things are fine now because of the way things are established and set up. Man kills animals man eats population of the ecosystem stays in check. What if people refused to eat plants because they said that plants provide us with O2 therefor they keep us alive Then there would be plants growing everywhere things need to be harvested to maintain balance and that includes meat and plant.weedguru_animals queen wrote:eating meet might be natural for some people, but the torturing of animals isnt...when cavemen killed, they did not spend days torturing animals. They ate to survive.....but we have soooo much food available to us today, is torturing animals to maximize production necessary to survive?
your choice belongs to you, but lets face the fact that the way a lot of it is done is unethical.
and again, i dont think we are on top of the food chain, animals like great white sharks are much more powerfull than us.....just without guns.
here a way of explaining this....when u watch rugby next to american football, alot of people say that its better because they have less padding and all. Well if we had no guns then i think we'd be in trouble.....no?
Get busy living or get busy dying.
-
Caro
- Ganja God

- Posts: 6174
- Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:22 am
- Location: Possibly in the bathtub... God bless wireless internet!
- Contact:
This is simply not true. 99.9% of animals killed for meat are raised for meat. The only way that would happen is if we let all of the farmed chicken pigs and cows loose instead of killing them. If there were less of a demand for meat, fewer animals would be bred - but not killing the animals who were already brought into existence for the purpose of feeding people isn't gonna happen, nor should it happen, nor will not eating meat in any way offset the balance of the "ecosystem" or shall I say "human system"... unless millions more decide to become vegetarian. As I said before, I am vegetarian for different reasons than I used to be, and am not the best champion for animal rights since my baby brother lost his life, but still... my consumer habits mean that 80-90 fewer animals are bred per year to feed me.but if animals werent killed for meat there would be an overpopulation of animals in the world and things would be chaotic.
My initial point was that your above statement lacks logic.
[img]http://a.im.craigslist.org/wb/wN/JlAJzS6s36uxWLoTVAezHhtGuWqk.jpg[/img][img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Denverbroncofrk/weedgurucopy.jpg[/img]
-
cutthecashflow
- Intellecutally Wasted

- Posts: 7747
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
- Location: Home of the Sioux!
- Contact:
Allright if we stop killing all of the wild animals which around here are deer, phesant, grouse, antelope, geese and ducks. Then eventually the animals would produce so many so fast that our fields would be eaten up. If you dont beleive me swing through my hometown. Bye the time deer season opens up there are so many deer on the road they are a hazard to people driving. Just before deer season also the deer are so tame they will walk right into my yard and eat the leaves and apples off of my trees they sit in the fields and eat the farmers crops. I used to work the morning shift at a gas station in my town and the coffee drinkiers (The older farmers) Would come in every morning And bitch and complain about to many deer on the roads to much of there crop being lost. The solution deer hunting it thins out the population of deer makes them way less tame ( they tend to stay off the roads for the winter and spring which around here can be a nasty time to be driving.) And the last thing anyone needs to worry about while driving in shitty weather is the possibility of hitting a deer going 70 MPH this could injure you and total out your car.
Maybe I just feel the way I do about it cause I was raised in North Dakota and around here 90 percent of the people im guessing are not opposed to hunting and eating meat.
Maybe I just feel the way I do about it cause I was raised in North Dakota and around here 90 percent of the people im guessing are not opposed to hunting and eating meat.
Get busy living or get busy dying.
- callmeandy
- Bonghead

- Posts: 253
- Joined: Sat May 22, 2004 5:26 am
- Location: I live on the streets of Minnesota bitch
- Contact:
haha, i love that, the best part is that it is the truth. several times when i am working on my uncles farm with my buddies we love nothing more than to sit around stoned watching the cows..... the pick their noses with their tounges! its frickin awsome!cutthecashflow wrote:I would not eat a dog or a cat or a horse or anything like that leave domesticated alone.(Cept for cows there just dumb and taste good.)
ok, now on to the serious matter. some people are saying that killing animals for food is natural, some say it isnt. heres my take. the human appendix, before we cooked our meat our appendix, the natural part of the human body, allowed us to eat raw meat. i dont think that there is even a question as to wether or not humans were intended to eat meat. if there is any debate it is animal mistreatment which is actually becoming less and less of a problem*, and animal testing, which i am sure is mainly on lab rats**.
*i looked into it and it seems ever since people have been working their asses off to get pics of animal mistreatment by big buisness to sell to the press they have had to shape up, and honestly unless you have seen it or have proof, you cannot say that it is a problem. and i dont count the peta video as proof, it is the extreme, just as i dont cound the videos by the dairy farmers acsociation as proof, because the extremes are never reliable sources.
**rats breed like crazy, and honestly if we kill one or two or even a thousand testing a new drug that could cure aids or a major illness, i dont care. even if it may sound mean there are millions of them, and i DO hold humans above rats. if saying that if a bunch of rats die to save humans from an epidemic makes me cold hearted, then i am extremely cold hearted individual
finally, sorry for any mispellings, im a little out of it
If life gives you lemons, find a way to get high off them
[img]http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/stfu1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/stfu1.jpg[/img]
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users