Almost...

New to cannabis?? Learn the ropes in here...

Moderator: Moderators

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard
Posts: 4357
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Almost...

Post by Bubbles »

WeedGuru_Flow wrote:Yeah well I find Bubbles to be somewhat in between, he's either mildly amusing or a complete tard... I'm sorry Bubbly but that's just the way it is. We need new members to keep things from stagnating, if people like you start ripping on them from their very post then you are actively deterring potential new members from becoming active in our little community.


And I, and I presume most other members, don't like that.


So I suggest you keep your cool towards new members, I can understand you act like a tool when new members provoke it but that is uncalled for. How would you have reacted if someone started ripping on you from the second you joined here?


Exactly.

i would have ignored them, or told them off?

this was not some sort of unprovoked attack, man. you just see it that way, youre the only person complaining about asking if there is an ignore button, its not like i said:

"Holy shit youre a dumbass, how the fuck can i ignore this annoying prick" i politely asked if there was a way to ignore, how about next time you just pm me and ask me not to make any more comments like that? seems a bit more reasonable than escalating something that would have originally only maybe have insulted this person.

not to mention he seems like the kind of person who registers just to ask that initial question and any follow up questions before he completely forgets about the forum.
Image
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Almost...

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

Bubbles wrote:
WeedGuru_Flow wrote:Yeah well I find Bubbles to be somewhat in between, he's either mildly amusing or a complete tard... I'm sorry Bubbly but that's just the way it is. We need new members to keep things from stagnating, if people like you start ripping on them from their very post then you are actively deterring potential new members from becoming active in our little community.


And I, and I presume most other members, don't like that.


So I suggest you keep your cool towards new members, I can understand you act like a tool when new members provoke it but that is uncalled for. How would you have reacted if someone started ripping on you from the second you joined here?


Exactly.

i would have ignored them, or told them off?

this was not some sort of unprovoked attack, man. you just see it that way, youre the only person complaining about asking if there is an ignore button, its not like i said:

"Holy shit youre a dumbass, how the fuck can i ignore this annoying prick" i politely asked if there was a way to ignore, how about next time you just pm me and ask me not to make any more comments like that? seems a bit more reasonable than escalating something that would have originally only maybe have insulted this person.

not to mention he seems like the kind of person who registers just to ask that initial question and any follow up questions before he completely forgets about the forum.

Yes because your awesome mind is capable of knowing if someone is going to post once and never return.


And to get back to your , you could have PM'ed me argument, you could have PM'ed ANY of the moderators with your question, yet you decided to be a total ass and put it in here, instead of helping a potential member.


So yes, I gave you my thoughts about it, and by doing it publicly I also made sure other people know they shouldn't start being donkeys to new members from the instant they post, hell I'll agree the original post didn't look good at all, but he rectified that in his second post apologizing for his first one.


And sure Bubbles, arriving on a new forum, then getting shat on the second you make a post will definitely encourage you to come back (Y) :roll:
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard
Posts: 4357
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Almost...

Post by Bubbles »

id rather be on somebodies ignore list than have an arrogant mod steal the direction of my thread.
Image
SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5208
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
Contact:

Re: Almost...

Post by SpRi7e »

I completely agree with flow on this one..


wtf? have I ever said that before?
Peace Not Greed.
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Almost...

Post by Weedguru Higher »

Bubbles wrote:id rather be on somebodies ignore list than have an arrogant mod steal the direction of my thread.

Actually it was Princefan's thread...
Image
Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard
Posts: 4357
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Almost...

Post by Bubbles »

Weedguru Higher wrote:
Bubbles wrote:id rather be on somebodies ignore list than have an arrogant mod steal the direction of my thread.

Actually it was Princefan's thread...
yea and i was speaking as if i was a new member, remember how he asked me how id like it if somebody was like that to me?
Image
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Almost...

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

I'd rather be an arrogant mod than a thick skulled hoser, Bubbles.

It comes down to this : don't be an ass to new members, if you can't do that then simply don't post in new member's threads, easy.

Or go watch some more Trailer Park :')
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
wgToonces
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2777
Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 8:57 am
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Almost...

Post by wgToonces »

^Or just dont be an ass in general, anyone.
:scratchs:
logically
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1564
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:41 am
Location: the woods
Contact:

Re: Almost...

Post by logically »

Toonces wrote:^Or just dont be an ass in general, anyone.
ImageA warrior may choose pacifism, all others are condemned to it.Image
AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4340
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:09 am
Location: Sarnia
Contact:

Re: Almost...

Post by AbbyRoad »

its the internet

its pretty much impossible not to be an ass!
Image
wgToonces
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2777
Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 8:57 am
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Almost...

Post by wgToonces »

Stfu Abby
:scratchs:
Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard
Posts: 4357
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Almost...

Post by Bubbles »

Toonces wrote:Stfu Abby
:lol:
Image
AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4340
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:09 am
Location: Sarnia
Contact:

Re: Almost...

Post by AbbyRoad »

Bubbles wrote:
Toonces wrote:Stfu Abby
:lol:
:flip:
Image
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Almost...

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

Toonces wrote:^Or just dont be an ass in general, anyone.

Well you can be an ass at times, if it's meant to be friendly, I just think you should give new members some 'spawntime' before you start messing around with them, I can take some verbal abuse from friends if I knwo them, but if a total stranger did that I'd probably go mental.


That's my point of view anyway.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
emilyblunt
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:10 am
Contact:

Re: Almost...

Post by emilyblunt »

It's very nice of your mom to share your first smoking experience with her. I wish I had a mom like that. Smoking advice? There's no advice. Smoke and feel the trip set in.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users