HELP....LEAVES DROOPING AND WILTING.
Moderator: Moderators
-
POTSMURF
- Bonghead

- Posts: 140
- Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 am
- Location: "CALI"
- Contact:
Re: HELP....LEAVES DROOPING AND WILTING.
I'm not sure. I got the seed out of a local bag of mid grade. I think by the looks of it that it is a sativa strain but that's all the info I can provide as far as that goes. Today is the 9th week flowering. I figure another 2 or so weeks and it will be done. Do you think the reason the pistils on the cola bud aren't changing as fast as the pistils on the other buds is because of the regular shop light flo tubes up top????? If this plant starts leaning over should I harvest what I can or just let it do it's thing???? Any advice on this subject will help. THANKS, POTSMURF

-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: HELP....LEAVES DROOPING AND WILTING.
If the plants starts to lean over you can prop it up with a stake and string tied around the stem.

-
POTSMURF
- Bonghead

- Posts: 140
- Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 am
- Location: "CALI"
- Contact:
Re: HELP....LEAVES DROOPING AND WILTING.
Here is a few pics of how bad it is doing now. Man, I'm scared for my plant. I let the soil get as dry as possible and then watered it. First thing I did was take all the sand I had on top of the soil from when I had a gnat problem and got rid of it. Then I let it dry out. Then when it started dying for water, I watered it. My buds have went from looking like they were on steroids to looking like they were on crack. I just want to harvest this plant before it dies on me. The only problem is that the trich's aren't turning amber anywhere. PLEASE HELP. This is a desperate cry for help. I have 4 months in this plant as of today. I have already started germinating some new seeds for an outside experiment. This plant I have now that is looking all sickly was originally an experiment but it got to looking so good that I fell in love with it. PLEASE HELP ME SAVE HER. The soil looks moist now but that's because I read up on how plants that are underwatered look and that's how my plant was and still is looking. pics attached. BEGGING FOR HELP, POTSMURF.

- Attachments
-
- dying 002.jpg (137.51 KiB) Viewed 667 times
-
- dying 004.jpg (138.32 KiB) Viewed 667 times
-
- dying 003.jpg (144.89 KiB) Viewed 667 times

-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: HELP....LEAVES DROOPING AND WILTING.
The leaves are droppy but it doesn't look that bad either. The leaves are still nice and green and it's very much alive.
I'm not really sure what's going on with your plant , there's so many variables involved that it makes diagnosing via a computer rather difficult.
You say the trichs aren't changing...I take it you got that microscope. Unless maybe you means the hairs..trichs and hairs are 2 different things
I don't have time right now to get into more things cause I was about to step out the door, but I'll come back on in a few hours.
In the meantime, don't panic and don't harvest yet. You won't loose your buds.
I'm not really sure what's going on with your plant , there's so many variables involved that it makes diagnosing via a computer rather difficult.
You say the trichs aren't changing...I take it you got that microscope. Unless maybe you means the hairs..trichs and hairs are 2 different things
I don't have time right now to get into more things cause I was about to step out the door, but I'll come back on in a few hours.
In the meantime, don't panic and don't harvest yet. You won't loose your buds.

-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: HELP....LEAVES DROOPING AND WILTING.
Do you have any drainage holes drilled in the bottom of that bucket?
If you don't this is probably root rot related
If you don't this is probably root rot related

-
POTSMURF
- Bonghead

- Posts: 140
- Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 am
- Location: "CALI"
- Contact:
Re: HELP....LEAVES DROOPING AND WILTING.
Yes, I have 3 holes drilled in the bottom of the bucket. The holes are big enough to stick a cigarette or pencil in.

-
POTSMURF
- Bonghead

- Posts: 140
- Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 am
- Location: "CALI"
- Contact:
Re: HELP....LEAVES DROOPING AND WILTING.
I transplanted it today. I wanted to check it for root rot. It did not have it but when I pulled the plant out of the bucket, all kinds of soil came out. I mean the soil was packed so tight that my roots probably couldn't breathe. Anyways, should I add nutes to the water now or just flush straight water to it for a few weeks until harvest???

-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: HELP....LEAVES DROOPING AND WILTING.
That's normal that the soil came out in a chunk, the roots hold it together.
Transplanting in the middle of flowering isn't the best of ideas cause it's going to stall the growth and maturity
Even if you did have root rot there would have been nothing you could do about it
Go ahead and add nutes if the plant is due to recieve some
Transplanting in the middle of flowering isn't the best of ideas cause it's going to stall the growth and maturity
Even if you did have root rot there would have been nothing you could do about it
Go ahead and add nutes if the plant is due to recieve some

-
POTSMURF
- Bonghead

- Posts: 140
- Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 am
- Location: "CALI"
- Contact:
Re: HELP....LEAVES DROOPING AND WILTING.
how long will it stunt my plants growth...in other words, how long untill my root system takes to the new soil??? It didn't look like it had root rot but it looked like the soil was to compacted for my roots to get oxygen...plus the sand I originally had on top of the soil probably didn't help it much either. Do I have good odds at saving this plant??? I hope so. Here are some pics of it now. Thank you for all your help my friend. Nobody else seems too interested in dropping a line or 2....lol. I just want you to know that I appreciate all this advice. THANKS A LOT, POTSMURF
P.S. Before and after pics included. will my buds swell back up and get fat again or did I screw that up? They went from looking like they were on steroids to looking like they were on crack...lol. I hope they get clean...lol.
P.S. Before and after pics included. will my buds swell back up and get fat again or did I screw that up? They went from looking like they were on steroids to looking like they were on crack...lol. I hope they get clean...lol.
- Attachments
-
- babygirl 010.jpg (137.86 KiB) Viewed 658 times
-
- babygirl 017.jpg (140.35 KiB) Viewed 658 times

-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: HELP....LEAVES DROOPING AND WILTING.
It might stall for several days to a week or so, depending how traumatized it is.
Your plant is still very viable...your are worrying to much man hehe. Which is totally understandable on a first grow....
Between your thread and Bumblebee's I'm getting confused though..
What kind of nutes are/were you giving it? Tell me the brand and the NPK ratio please
The thing that is difficult with you is that we don't know the strain and don't know the approximate flowering time. I think you mentionned getting a magnifyer to look at the trichs. Did you get it?
Your plant is still very viable...your are worrying to much man hehe. Which is totally understandable on a first grow....
Between your thread and Bumblebee's I'm getting confused though..
What kind of nutes are/were you giving it? Tell me the brand and the NPK ratio please
The thing that is difficult with you is that we don't know the strain and don't know the approximate flowering time. I think you mentionned getting a magnifyer to look at the trichs. Did you get it?

-
POTSMURF
- Bonghead

- Posts: 140
- Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 am
- Location: "CALI"
- Contact:
Re: HELP....LEAVES DROOPING AND WILTING.
The nute I'm using are dyna-gro bloom nutes. I think they are like 5-12-6. It says to use like 1/2 tsp per gallon for a 5-12-6 npk.So I used a whole tsp for 10-24-12npk. Isn't that right? Yes, I got the jewelers loupe and the trich's don't seem to be changing.

-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: HELP....LEAVES DROOPING AND WILTING.
Ok, it must be this 3-12-6

The first number in nute ratio is Nitrogen
, the second is Phosphorus (P)and the last one is Potassium(K)(NPK). During flowering the plants need more phosphorus and more potassium than they did during vegetative growth. They need some nitrogen but not as much as they did during vegetative growth.
A first grow always means alot of trial and error. Nobody has complete success on a 1st grow. You just learn from your mistakes and do better the next time.
Your plant is quite decent already for a first grow under cfl's, you should be a proud daddy


The first number in nute ratio is Nitrogen
A first grow always means alot of trial and error. Nobody has complete success on a 1st grow. You just learn from your mistakes and do better the next time.
Your plant is quite decent already for a first grow under cfl's, you should be a proud daddy


-
POTSMURF
- Bonghead

- Posts: 140
- Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 am
- Location: "CALI"
- Contact:
Re: HELP....LEAVES DROOPING AND WILTING.
Yep, that's it. 3-12-6. Is that a sufficient amount of nutes for my plant or should I try something else?? I figured this far in isn't a good time to be making lots of changes with it. I can't tell through my jeweler's loupe30x21mm if the trich's are clear or cloudy, I would be able to tell if they changed colors.....lol. That's why I'm looking for them to change but if there is another way to do it sooner I'm definitely interested.

-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: HELP....LEAVES DROOPING AND WILTING.
Nope, you gotta let nature do it's thing. The nutes don't speed up the process, they just give the necessary food for the plant to flourish .
Look at the trichs on a couple different buds
Look at the trichs on a couple different buds

-
POTSMURF
- Bonghead

- Posts: 140
- Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 am
- Location: "CALI"
- Contact:
Re: HELP....LEAVES DROOPING AND WILTING.
It has been 5 days since I transplanted my baby into some fresh soil. Well, I thought I had root rot so I transplanted it. I didn't have root rot but I did after enough research find out that it was a phosphorous deficiency due to nute lockout. TOO MUCH NUTRIENTS. So I flushed my soil with 4-5 gallons of spring water from publix. Now since I am so far into flowering I am just gonna give it straight water. Please let me know if this is a good idea. Sorry about my extended absence but I was worried about my plant. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. ALSO, should I give my plant nutes? If so, how much should I use of the dyna-gro BLOOM? Ya know, 1/2 tsp. or 1 tsp. or 1 1/2tsp. per gallon???? Each time you double the dose it should double the npk's right????

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users