curing jars

The place to seek help for sick plants, and general growth related topics

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: curing jars

Post by Weedguru Higher »

Dr. Greenthumb wrote:The cold makes the THC crystals more solid and makes them alot easier to harvest.
I think that would apply more to hash making than curing.....and now that you mention that, I think I recall reading that the cold is so the crystals break off easier, which you wouldn't want when curing. But that's in the freezer though, not the fridge
Image
POTSMURF
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 am
Location: "CALI"
Contact:

Re: curing jars

Post by POTSMURF »

Maybe I'm confused in saying this but I always thought you hang dried your plant for 5-7 days until the branches are close to the snapping point. Then you would cut all the buds off and start to place them in GLASS curing jars. I also heard that at this point you don't open the jars except for once every 24 hours and then I heard you only open it for around 30-45 minutes. Am I wrong HIGHER? I do a lot of researching and studying and most importantly LISTENING. PEACE TO ALL.
Image
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: curing jars

Post by Weedguru Higher »

You can hang dry the whole branches before manicuring them, or you can manicure them first when they are fresh, and then lay them out on a screen to dry. Then when the branches snap you pop them into the curing jars like you said
Image
POTSMURF
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 am
Location: "CALI"
Contact:

Re: curing jars

Post by POTSMURF »

I always thought that you trimmed all the leaves off then hung the entire plant. I was told a while ago that you never dry your buds seperately until it's time for them to go into jars. I dried my last grow by hanging single buds everywhere remember higher? That stuff dried so fast that it smelled like hay or leaves. I completely ruined it. It was barely able to get me high . It had no choke and tasted like hay too. I watched the king of cannabis Arjan in holland harvest a plant and he trimmed it and hung the entire plant together, then cut it smaller for jars after hanging. PEACE TO ALL

P.S. HIGHER are we gonna have a mass debate over this?????LOL.
BTW, I have one plant that's a shooter, one short indica looking one and a tree of a plant. In my personal opinion from listening to everything I've heard, I believe I have 1indica, 1 sativa, and 1 mix of some sort. The mix is a shooter. Every branch from the bottom is at the top with the cola. It doesn't have any undevelopedbuds anywhere. It's a beast.
Image
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: curing jars

Post by Weedguru Higher »

Have a look at this

http://www.weedguru.com/forum/viewtopic ... 54#p357254

I prefer to trim right after harvest and separate all my buds. Then I dry on a screen. But it's really up to you. Whatever is best and most convenient for you

Image
Image
POTSMURF
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 am
Location: "CALI"
Contact:

Re: curing jars

Post by POTSMURF »

Higher, you've seen my setup and my plants. Please help calm me down. Am I gonna have to be worried about growing some shit that's not gonna get me high???
I plan on doing everything as directed but I just have this fear that what I grow won't get me stoned. Should I be worried??? In other words have you ever grown a mysterious set of seeds and had great results???? Or even bagseed???
Image
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: curing jars

Post by Weedguru Higher »

Well I've never grown bagseed , I've always grown from clones acquired from others or seedbank seeds. The weed I get very rarely has seeds anyways...

I'm not psychic man, I can't tell if a plant is gonna be good just by looking at it!

Stop worrying so much dude!
Image
User avatar
SykonoT
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 723
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:40 pm
Contact:

Re: curing jars

Post by SykonoT »

Aren't u the one with the Dro setup? If so then yes that shit will get u high lol
Bop bop beech
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: curing jars

Post by Weedguru Higher »

The fact that he's growing in hydro does not have anything to do with having good quality weed...

No matter what way you grow it the genetics aren't gonna change...
Image
User avatar
SykonoT
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 723
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:40 pm
Contact:

Re: curing jars

Post by SykonoT »

Oh wel just saying I nvr seen r heard of a Dro that Dnt get u high around here lol half the time it isn't name brand just bagseed and its still good as hell
Bop bop beech
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: curing jars

Post by Weedguru Higher »

That's cause most people who invest in an awesome hydro setup also invest in quality genetics
Image
blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 648
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:36 pm
Contact:

Re: curing jars

Post by blackxs »

Weedguru Higher wrote:The fact that he's growing in hydro does not have anything to do with having good quality weed...

No matter what way you grow it the genetics aren't gonna change...
It doesnt change the plant but hes more likely to realize a plant's full potential with a hydro setup versus other growing methods
If you agree with the above post, please decrease my karma
User avatar
SykonoT
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 723
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:40 pm
Contact:

Re: curing jars

Post by SykonoT »

Not saying just cuz it's bags seeds it won't b good r will b good but I find no matter the seed if it's Dro it'll b stronger than a non Dro plants being it'll have way more crystal but idk all tue technical shit Just my opinion
Bop bop beech
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users