I think that would apply more to hash making than curing.....and now that you mention that, I think I recall reading that the cold is so the crystals break off easier, which you wouldn't want when curing. But that's in the freezer though, not the fridgeDr. Greenthumb wrote:The cold makes the THC crystals more solid and makes them alot easier to harvest.
curing jars
Moderator: Moderators
-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: curing jars

-
POTSMURF
- Bonghead

- Posts: 140
- Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 am
- Location: "CALI"
- Contact:
Re: curing jars
Maybe I'm confused in saying this but I always thought you hang dried your plant for 5-7 days until the branches are close to the snapping point. Then you would cut all the buds off and start to place them in GLASS curing jars. I also heard that at this point you don't open the jars except for once every 24 hours and then I heard you only open it for around 30-45 minutes. Am I wrong HIGHER? I do a lot of researching and studying and most importantly LISTENING. PEACE TO ALL.

-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: curing jars
You can hang dry the whole branches before manicuring them, or you can manicure them first when they are fresh, and then lay them out on a screen to dry. Then when the branches snap you pop them into the curing jars like you said

-
POTSMURF
- Bonghead

- Posts: 140
- Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 am
- Location: "CALI"
- Contact:
Re: curing jars
I always thought that you trimmed all the leaves off then hung the entire plant. I was told a while ago that you never dry your buds seperately until it's time for them to go into jars. I dried my last grow by hanging single buds everywhere remember higher? That stuff dried so fast that it smelled like hay or leaves. I completely ruined it. It was barely able to get me high . It had no choke and tasted like hay too. I watched the king of cannabis Arjan in holland harvest a plant and he trimmed it and hung the entire plant together, then cut it smaller for jars after hanging. PEACE TO ALL
P.S. HIGHER are we gonna have a mass debate over this?????LOL.
BTW, I have one plant that's a shooter, one short indica looking one and a tree of a plant. In my personal opinion from listening to everything I've heard, I believe I have 1indica, 1 sativa, and 1 mix of some sort. The mix is a shooter. Every branch from the bottom is at the top with the cola. It doesn't have any undevelopedbuds anywhere. It's a beast.
P.S. HIGHER are we gonna have a mass debate over this?????LOL.
BTW, I have one plant that's a shooter, one short indica looking one and a tree of a plant. In my personal opinion from listening to everything I've heard, I believe I have 1indica, 1 sativa, and 1 mix of some sort. The mix is a shooter. Every branch from the bottom is at the top with the cola. It doesn't have any undevelopedbuds anywhere. It's a beast.

-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: curing jars
Have a look at this
http://www.weedguru.com/forum/viewtopic ... 54#p357254
I prefer to trim right after harvest and separate all my buds. Then I dry on a screen. But it's really up to you. Whatever is best and most convenient for you

http://www.weedguru.com/forum/viewtopic ... 54#p357254
I prefer to trim right after harvest and separate all my buds. Then I dry on a screen. But it's really up to you. Whatever is best and most convenient for you


-
POTSMURF
- Bonghead

- Posts: 140
- Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 am
- Location: "CALI"
- Contact:
Re: curing jars
Higher, you've seen my setup and my plants. Please help calm me down. Am I gonna have to be worried about growing some shit that's not gonna get me high???
I plan on doing everything as directed but I just have this fear that what I grow won't get me stoned. Should I be worried??? In other words have you ever grown a mysterious set of seeds and had great results???? Or even bagseed???
I plan on doing everything as directed but I just have this fear that what I grow won't get me stoned. Should I be worried??? In other words have you ever grown a mysterious set of seeds and had great results???? Or even bagseed???

-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: curing jars
Well I've never grown bagseed , I've always grown from clones acquired from others or seedbank seeds. The weed I get very rarely has seeds anyways...
I'm not psychic man, I can't tell if a plant is gonna be good just by looking at it!
Stop worrying so much dude!
I'm not psychic man, I can't tell if a plant is gonna be good just by looking at it!
Stop worrying so much dude!

- SykonoT
- Herbal Assassin

- Posts: 723
- Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:40 pm
- Contact:
Re: curing jars
Aren't u the one with the Dro setup? If so then yes that shit will get u high lol
Bop bop beech
-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: curing jars
The fact that he's growing in hydro does not have anything to do with having good quality weed...
No matter what way you grow it the genetics aren't gonna change...
No matter what way you grow it the genetics aren't gonna change...

- SykonoT
- Herbal Assassin

- Posts: 723
- Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:40 pm
- Contact:
Re: curing jars
Oh wel just saying I nvr seen r heard of a Dro that Dnt get u high around here lol half the time it isn't name brand just bagseed and its still good as hell
Bop bop beech
-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: curing jars
That's cause most people who invest in an awesome hydro setup also invest in quality genetics

-
blackxs
- Herbal Assassin

- Posts: 648
- Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:36 pm
- Contact:
Re: curing jars
It doesnt change the plant but hes more likely to realize a plant's full potential with a hydro setup versus other growing methodsWeedguru Higher wrote:The fact that he's growing in hydro does not have anything to do with having good quality weed...
No matter what way you grow it the genetics aren't gonna change...
If you agree with the above post, please decrease my karma
- SykonoT
- Herbal Assassin

- Posts: 723
- Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:40 pm
- Contact:
Re: curing jars
Not saying just cuz it's bags seeds it won't b good r will b good but I find no matter the seed if it's Dro it'll b stronger than a non Dro plants being it'll have way more crystal but idk all tue technical shit Just my opinion
Bop bop beech
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users