weed increases your metabolism

Got a problem? - Get counseling from the gurus

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
A Green Desire
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 2:26 am
Location: UK
Contact:

weed increases your metabolism

Post by A Green Desire »

on of my close friends told me today that he's been losing so much because of weed. ( he lost like 30 pounds in 6 months..smokes about 4 times a week).

he said he fights the munchies and doesn't eat.


my question is does weed increase your metabolism, decrease it, or no change at all? Please don't post unless your sure. thanx in advance
Tarential
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2077
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:47 pm
Contact:

Re: weed increases your metabolism

Post by Tarential »

A Green Desire wrote:Please don't post unless your sure
Well that was stupid, you basically just ruined your chances of getting an answer. Noone here can possibly be sure of that, as its not an absolute. As with many things, it varies from person to person. Mostly, though, it doesn't have too great an overall effect on your metabolism (though it slows while you are stoned, one would imagine0.
"If I want your opinion I'll beat it out of you." - _MAD_Caesar_
User avatar
Azim
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1475
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:31 am
Contact:

Post by Azim »

it increases your metabolism slightly while smoking, which causes the munchies. Yeah, most people who smoke, if they dont give into the munchies lose wieght pretty quickly.
[img]http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~chenj/brucelee/images/brucelee.jpg[/img]
R.I.P

*Insert witty remark here*
User avatar
Nessus
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:58 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by Nessus »

Yeah smoking (anything) increases your metabolism....

Okay thats not strictly true, its just that some studies have shown that stopping smoking would decrase your metabolism... (you can't really justify a medical test in which you make a non-smoker start smoking! :P)

- Nessus
Bop IT!
[img]http://www.boomspeed.com/nessus/just_call_me_guru.jpg[/img]
Tarential
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2077
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:47 pm
Contact:

Post by Tarential »

Azim wrote:it increases your metabolism slightly while smoking, which causes the munchies. Yeah, most people who smoke, if they dont give into the munchies lose wieght pretty quickly.
I rarely get the munchies when I smoke. As for increasing the metabolism, that makes no sense when compared to what it does to you. Would you mind showing me the sources for where you found that information?
"If I want your opinion I'll beat it out of you." - _MAD_Caesar_
User avatar
bleh
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2003 11:03 am
Location: BC, canada
Contact:

Post by bleh »

Hmm...Maybe this is the best way to lose this extra big bag of shit thats called 'fat'. But i gotta stop givin into the munchies. I should just smoke until I dont want to move, that will stop it.
User avatar
Skwerl_Butt
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1293
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:44 pm
Location: You know where California is??..Yeah, well, I live no where near there
Contact:

Post by Skwerl_Butt »

Sometimes when I know I'll be eating soon..I would smoke to get the munchies and then that way I would eat more than I would normally..i guess it helps my skinny ass
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid175/p358a9a70c2270c3bf723e8751bbcc292/f378b808.jpg[/img]
weedguru tom
← i ♥ weed →
←  i ♥ weed  →
Posts: 7448
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
Contact:

Post by weedguru tom »

i rarely got mucnhies cuz i smoke it with so much tobacco, this tricks your body to higher your blood sugar levels. so your not hungry
GodHand Kronix
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3191
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:36 am
Location: Cape Coma
Contact:

Post by GodHand Kronix »

Last night I was high and got a serious case of the munchies, ate one too many sun chips...was nauseous the whole damn night.
RIP Andrew James Howard
June 9, 1982
September 16, 2005
I love you man..
User avatar
stnoed
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 887
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:31 am
Location: Gainesville, FL
Contact:

Post by stnoed »

why does everyone like sun chips so much.. whenever we go to 7-11 i get like slurpies and funyons but evryone else in my car gets fucking sun chips.. isnt it just like corn chips with cheese on it :\
[img]http://www.geocities.com/isigneduptoplaychess/ciggy.jpg[/img]
User avatar
stnoed
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 887
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:31 am
Location: Gainesville, FL
Contact:

Post by stnoed »

why does everyone like sun chips so much.. whenever we go to 7-11 i get like slurpies and funyons but evryone else in my car gets fucking sun chips.. isnt it just like corn chips with cheese on it :\
[img]http://www.geocities.com/isigneduptoplaychess/ciggy.jpg[/img]
Greedyflye
Why Hello There !
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:22 am
Contact:

Post by Greedyflye »

dude sunchips rock,it's nothing like a cornchip or cheese.as for the main topic,i hardly ever eat when i'm high.I've lost a few pounds,but maybe niccotine is a factor?
Weed-iculous
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 820
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:28 am
Location: New jersey

Post by Weed-iculous »

i am on this a.d.d medicine(its a focusing problem not the nutso bouncin off the wall a.d.d) called concerta. I lost 15 pounds in the fisrt 2 weeks and ive been on it for a month now and ive dropped 30 it makes u not hungry as a scitefect. It was recently midterm time and i sold one pill for 5 bucks each i made 200 bucks it makes u think and focus so much better its like a 3 way awesome medicine. I was pretty fat now i got a gf and chicks actualy look ast me at dances its the shiznit there is some truth to wat ur riends sayion lots of models smoke becuase it makes u not hungry and plus theres a hand mouth thing where ur craving for cigs or pot overcomes ur hunger craving
The Poster formerly knowns as Rockin-da-grange
[img]http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v252/elpedro/cha.jpg[/img]
the mac
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2625
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:51 am
Location: Victoria BC Canada..
Contact:

Post by the mac »

^^ HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAH i got a gf and chicks look @ me @ dances hahahahahahahahha holy shit that was comedy
[size=109]I get high cuz fuck it whats better to do and ima [u]Never[/u] give a fuck cuz im better then you.[/size]
weedguru tom
← i ♥ weed →
←  i ♥ weed  →
Posts: 7448
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
Contact:

Post by weedguru tom »

yea smokign cigs makes me not hungry
i will only eat one meal a day, drink alot though`
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users