Question For Caro

Sit down, skin up!

Moderator: Moderators

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted
Posts: 7747
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
Location: Home of the Sioux!
Contact:

Post by cutthecashflow »

Ya blow him up.
Get busy living or get busy dying.
Caro
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6174
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:22 am
Location: Possibly in the bathtub... God bless wireless internet!
Contact:

Post by Caro »

THIS IS AWESOME! My class is in the computer lab, supposedly studing hyptertextual narratives. And where am I? THIS RULES.

Oh and I got a 95% on my Orality Theory midterm! Woo fuckin hoo. I am a happy girl. :lol:
[img]http://a.im.craigslist.org/wb/wN/JlAJzS6s36uxWLoTVAezHhtGuWqk.jpg[/img][img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Denverbroncofrk/weedgurucopy.jpg[/img]
cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted
Posts: 7747
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
Location: Home of the Sioux!
Contact:

Post by cutthecashflow »

Weedguru Caro wrote:THIS IS AWESOME! My class is in the computer lab, supposedly studing hyptertextual narratives. And where am I? THIS RULES.

Oh and I got a 95% on my Orality Theory midterm! Woo fuckin hoo. I am a happy girl. :lol:
What in gods name is a hypertextual narrative man you making my head hurt just thinking about it and congrats on your exam. Are you majoring in english cause if you are my English teacher would love you shes the biggest doper in the world.
Get busy living or get busy dying.
herbal stu
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4140
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:28 pm
Location: Wigan, England
Contact:

Post by herbal stu »

hypertext is the thang that makes the world go round net wise the ht from http is hyper text. Narrative I havnt a clue about
[img]http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/2582/distsig1kd.gif[/img]
Reap your life like you want to recognise all you have come to!
When I stamp it on your forehead
So you will never forget that you're a reject,
And you're no one little impotent one!
User avatar
mishima_beef
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 546
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:37 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Post by mishima_beef »

aint a narrative a story written in the third person?
"A gramme is better than a damn"
[img]http://www.bcoldtimers.com/images/bud.jpg[/img]
User avatar
Skwerl_Butt
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1293
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:44 pm
Location: You know where California is??..Yeah, well, I live no where near there
Contact:

Post by Skwerl_Butt »

lol..i thought that was a narrater..but whatever..i'll shutup now :shock:
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid175/p358a9a70c2270c3bf723e8751bbcc292/f378b808.jpg[/img]
Caro
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6174
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:22 am
Location: Possibly in the bathtub... God bless wireless internet!
Contact:

Post by Caro »

Hypertext just refers to text that isn't linear. That's why they call webpages hypertext because you have links that take you other places. You can't do that with paper text, you end up with footnotes and end notes etc. So hypertext narratives are the beginning of the future of story telling; we're studying all about how interactive sensorium-based digital media technology will bring a new age of electronicity that is built upon orality and literacy, and that we are in the early stages of the paradigm shift that will change human cognition. :spliff:
[img]http://a.im.craigslist.org/wb/wN/JlAJzS6s36uxWLoTVAezHhtGuWqk.jpg[/img][img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Denverbroncofrk/weedgurucopy.jpg[/img]
User avatar
Sparky
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1424
Joined: Sun May 25, 2003 9:34 am
Contact:

Post by Sparky »

yeah man, so many web sites got pics of people saying "heres the pic of the plant i grew in my back yard" lmao sure as shit we wont get in trouble lol
[img]http://server2.uploadit.org/files/liquidtod-HTMag.JPG[/img]

Good trees man, good trees!!
cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted
Posts: 7747
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
Location: Home of the Sioux!
Contact:

Post by cutthecashflow »

I wonder what the world was like before computers hit the stage.
Get busy living or get busy dying.
User avatar
th3rdeye
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1044
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:44 pm
Location: above Philly, PA
Contact:

Post by th3rdeye »

"So, eb, what ya wanna do?"
"Iono what you wannd do?"
"Iono...."

etc etc

and THT was life before computers...
[img]http://www.radicald.com/forums/uploads/post-27-1070566237.jpg[/img]
Tarential
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2077
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:47 pm
Contact:

Post by Tarential »

Weedguru Caro wrote:Hypertext just refers to text that isn't linear. That's why they call webpages hypertext because you have links that take you other places. You can't do that with paper text, you end up with footnotes and end notes etc. So hypertext narratives are the beginning of the future of story telling; we're studying all about how interactive sensorium-based digital media technology will bring a new age of electronicity that is built upon orality and literacy, and that we are in the early stages of the paradigm shift that will change human cognition. :spliff:
I thought you did a paper on rap or something...
"If I want your opinion I'll beat it out of you." - _MAD_Caesar_
Caro
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6174
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:22 am
Location: Possibly in the bathtub... God bless wireless internet!
Contact:

Post by Caro »

I did. It's a 480 level class, which means it's taught at the graduate level. Which means we cover an insane amount of material. There was a bit of wiggle room with the scholarly paper, you just had to choose something that you could decribe the theory with. The theory being the three major paradigm shifts in human history, from orality to literacy to electronicity. Now we're at th end. :D
[img]http://a.im.craigslist.org/wb/wN/JlAJzS6s36uxWLoTVAezHhtGuWqk.jpg[/img][img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Denverbroncofrk/weedgurucopy.jpg[/img]
cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted
Posts: 7747
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
Location: Home of the Sioux!
Contact:

Post by cutthecashflow »

anhedonia rhythm wrote:"So, eb, what ya wanna do?"
"Iono what you wannd do?"
"Iono...."

etc etc

and THT was life before computers...
Hell I cant say that wouldnt be to bad at all. Then maybe thered be no nuclear weapons either that would be nice.
Get busy living or get busy dying.
User avatar
StickyHeds
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:46 am
Location: TheHotBox
Contact:

Post by StickyHeds »

Dude...no computers = no weedguru. Think man Think.
Ain't Got Shit In The Sack But Some Fuckin Shake I Need Some More Pure And I Just Cant Fuckin Wait, Lets Go Where Da Bud At.
cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted
Posts: 7747
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
Location: Home of the Sioux!
Contact:

Post by cutthecashflow »

Thats the smartest thing anyones ever told me and thats the dumbest thing ive ever said. Thanks for setting me straight man.
Get busy living or get busy dying.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users