Gore's amazing week!

Sit down, skin up!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy
Posts: 4115
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:33 pm
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Gore's amazing week!

Post by Gorecore »

Hey guys n' gals,

I'm starting a topic because people are complaining about not enough fresh topics to post in...so here we go!

Here it is Tuesday night and I'm listening to Metallica's "Kill 'em All" album in preparation for their concert in Halifax on Thursday night!!! I've been stoked for this show since buying my tickets in May. The show starts at 3 in the afternoon and will end sometime close to midnight, I'm thinking. I have to work that day (and the next day) but my boss was kind enough to let me leave a little early so I don't miss too many of the opening acts. The acts playing are as follows, and in the right order:

-Winner of the local Battle of the Bands competition (Forget the name of the band, but I'll miss them anyway)
-Matt Mays (a local band that are fairly big around here. Look up the song Cocaine Cowgirl, if you want to give them a listen)
-Protest the Hero
-Seether
-Coheed and Cambria (with a replacement bass player since he was arrested last weekend for robbing a drug store in Mass. He stole 6 bottles of Oxycontin after telling the pharmacists, via a note on his cell phone, that he had a bomb on him!)
-METALLICA!!!

Friday night, and the rest of the weekend is going to spent camping and drinking with my girl Tracy, my best friend Jody, and his girl Michelle. Here's a fairly recent picture of my 2 best friends of 20 years:

Image

Been camping with them 3 times and love every minute of it...especially the night time and the drinking/music/Yahtzee games!

Yep, that's what my week is going to entail so far. More info will be posted as events unfurl.

Love,
Gore
Image
AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4340
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:09 am
Location: Sarnia
Contact:

Re: Gore's amazing week!

Post by AbbyRoad »

am i tad jealous?
yes, yes i am.
Image
Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2687
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:12 am
Contact:

Re: Gore's amazing week!

Post by Ikku »

I've been off the forums for about a week, traveling in NY and NJ, gambling and going to a Paul McCartney concert! It was wicked.

How did your week turn out Gore?
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.
Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy
Posts: 4115
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:33 pm
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Re: Gore's amazing week!

Post by Gorecore »

So fucking amazing!

Thursday night was the Metallica concert. The gates opened at 2 pm but due to work, and then travel time, I missed a few opening acts. I did get to see all of Seether (awesome), Coheed and Cambria (not so awesome), and Metallica (blew my mind). Here's a YouTube video someone uploaded of "One"



The night was really cold, rainy, and windy...but I didn't care. Had an amazing time there, even without beer or buying a T shirt. Just too many people around to move and lose my awesome spot near the middle of the stage area. There were 30,000 people packed in there!

The camping trip on the weekend was hella fun as well. It rained a bit Friday night. Saturday was much nicer...and more drinking ensued. I drank 16 beer that night and Jody blew me away and drank 12! It was the 3rd time in our 20 year history that I have seen him that shit faced.

An all-around great week for the gore-meister.
Image
AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 4340
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:09 am
Location: Sarnia
Contact:

Re: Gore's amazing week!

Post by AbbyRoad »

im glad to hear you the week turned out just as awesome as you planned gore.
i just got back to my place from a wicked weekend visiting my family and friends from cambridge.

went to a keg party with people i hvent seen since i moved away 2 years ago. it was pretty weird at first for me. but after lots of hugs and a few beers it felt like i had never really left...the jury is still out if thats a good or bad thin
Image
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Gore's amazing week!

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

Nice Keith,even though I'm not a huge fan of the Genre I have seen them on more than one occasion and loved their show every time.

And fuck yeah man, how long have you and Tracy been together now? Good to see you two are still very fond of each other !
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5762
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Gore's amazing week!

Post by (weedguru)scarf »

Fucking sweet gore... there is nothing like looking forward to a concert and it not dissapointing..
earlier in the week i bought tickets to see foo fighters in december... one of the few acts on my bucket list i havent seen yet... who arent dead.... dave grohl is a god to me...


and of course camping away is always fun
woah
Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy
Posts: 4115
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:33 pm
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Re: Gore's amazing week!

Post by Gorecore »

WeedGuru_Flow wrote:And fuck yeah man, how long have you and Tracy been together now? Good to see you two are still very fond of each other !
July 20th marked 5 months together!

I really do love that girl. I love her more than any other woman I've dated...or even married! :) Well, I guess I was in love with my ex-wife, for a time. You don't marry someone you don't love. Looking back, I should have known better and ended it sooner than I did. But you know what they say, "Hindsight is always 20/20".

I'm thinking about buying Tracy a promise ring for our 6 month anniversary.
Image
pkkupo
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1761
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:12 am
Location: Minnesota, USA
Contact:

Re: Gore's amazing week!

Post by pkkupo »

Gorecore wrote:I'm thinking about buying Tracy a promise ring for our 6 month anniversary.
Gay.
Image
Like all dreamers, I mistook disenchantment for truth...
Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy
Posts: 4115
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:33 pm
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Re: Gore's amazing week!

Post by Gorecore »

I ended up going camping with Jody during my girlfriend's and mine 6 month anniversary and getting drunk in the woods with my best friend. :cheers:
Image
logically
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1564
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:41 am
Location: the woods
Contact:

Re: Gore's amazing week!

Post by logically »

Awesome posts gore. I need an adventure like that!
ImageA warrior may choose pacifism, all others are condemned to it.Image
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users